Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery now showing 2 bars and not "flashing" past 2?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

I recently recieved my P3P back from DJI.... THANK YOU!.... For an ESC error. All looks good. I did a test flight and had not 1 problem,... until taking in the house for the night.

I'm currently on the latest firmware and made sure to update all of the batteries to the latest. Prior to this flight, the battery had 4 bars and was fully charged. After the flight, there were 2 bars left. As I don't like leaving a battery half charged for the next flight, I placed it onto the 4 bank DJI charging hub. I left it charging overnight as it was late and couldn't really sit there and monitor it.

In the morning, I removed the battery from the charger since it had a green light on the hub. When checking the battery itself, it only lit up to 2 bars. When placing it back onto the charger, the charging indicator on the battery only flashed from 0 to 2 bars instead of all 4 bars.

What happened to my battery?
2016-8-9
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

TTT - Anyone?
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello MSGNitro, if you use the original charger to charge the battery directly, will the power level go up as normal?
2016-8-9
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 03:08
Hello MSGNitro, if you use the original charger to charge the battery directly, will the power level ...

Hi DJI-Paladin,   I'm not sure. The charger is connected to the hub. I will remove the hub and plug the battery in directly tonight.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-8-10 20:17
Hi DJI-Paladin,   I'm not sure. The charger is connected to the hub. I will remove the hub and plu ...

If there are any abnormal issues in charging, you can post a short video clip here.
2016-8-10
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin... here is a link to the video... as well as a picture of the battery

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4O8ewt540rMRVVlN1loejhYODg/view?usp=sharing

20160811_175722.jpg
2016-8-11
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

See pictures

Firmware good

Firmware good

Why MAH half and 98%?

Why MAH half and 98%?
2016-8-11
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 22:27
If there are any abnormal issues in charging, you can post a short video clip here.

I posted above... but didn't "Reply" to your message... just making sure you see this.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-8-12 23:16
I posted above... but didn't "Reply" to your message... just making sure you see this.

LED blinking in charging is normal. But just to clarify, the battery level doesn't change at all after a whole night charging?
2016-8-12
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-13 10:48
LED blinking in charging is normal. But just to clarify, the battery level doesn't change at all a ...

Please do not insult my intelligence. I'm quite aware of how the battery light blinks when charging. The problem is 2 fold.

1) A normal battery while charging flashes all the way to 4 lights even on a low battery. This battery is now only flashing to 2 lights regardless.

2) After a full night of charging, the battery remains only charged to 2 lights. This was not the case prior to the last update and the quad returning from repair.
2016-8-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

It only flashes to 4 lights if it is almost fully charged. A low battery would only flash one light. Two lights flashing indicates it is about half-charged. Are you sure your charger is working correctly? Do you have any other batteries? Do they charge up correctly still?
2016-8-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-8-14 22:27
Please do not insult my intelligence. I'm quite aware of how the battery light blinks when chargin ...

Please see it here. If the battery keeps 2 led flashing after several hours' charging, it is probably a hardware issue : batteryled.JPG
2016-8-14
Use props
knobbydave
lvl.1

I know you've been trying and trying to charge it and can't get past 50% but have you tried flattening it'?

Maybe hover (low) until 1 light is on (keep an eye on RTH) and then try charging?

Might be worth a go
2016-8-14
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-14 22:42
Please see it here. If the battery keeps 2 led flashing after several hours' charging, it is proba ...

Again, I'm quite familiar with the proper charging of the battery and what the indicators mean.

If there is no solution for this problem, then I need a replacement battery. This problem did not happen until the last firmware update. As you see from the post, it has only been charged 10 times. For it to fail after 10 charges is absolutely ridiculous.
2016-8-15
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

knobbydave Posted at 2016-8-15 02:10
I know you've been trying and trying to charge it and can't get past 50% but have you tried flatte ...

I'm not sure what you mean by "flattening".
2016-8-15
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-8-14 12:09
It only flashes to 4 lights if it is almost fully charged. A low battery would only flash one light. ...

I have 3 batteries and the other 2 have charged just fine and charge all the way to 4 bars. I have not used them since the latest firmware and the drone returned from warranty repair. Now I'm a little leery of even using them if they are going to be "killed"
2016-8-15
Use props
knobbydave
First Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-8-15 20:07
I'm not sure what you mean by "flattening".

What I meant was if it is only actually half charged as it reports then put the battery in the drone and run the motors until the battery is down to 1 bar and try charging from there

(I honestly don't hold out much hope, but that is what I would try)
2016-8-15
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

knobbydave@hotm Posted at 2016-8-15 08:46
What I meant was if it is only actually half charged as it reports then put the battery in the dro ...

I get it. I'll try. The charger assumes it's fully charged and shows Green. The battery stops at 2 bars as well. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the charging hub. Firmware on it not working right with the latest battery firmware?

2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-8-15 21:09
I get it. I'll try. The charger assumes it's fully charged and shows Green. The battery stops at 2 ...

If it always stops charging in 2 bars, please contact our US tech support and send it in. Sorry for your frustration and the inconvenience. DJI US.JPG
2016-8-15
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-15 21:57
If it always stops charging in 2 bars, please contact our US tech support and send it in. Sorry fo ...

Thank you DJI-Paladin. I emailed support to start a ticket.
2016-8-16
Use props
djiuser_8vgX2XeBGa8A
New

United States

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-8-15 04:09
I have 3 batteries and the other 2 have charged just fine and charge all the way to 4 bars. I have not used them since the latest firmware and the drone returned from warranty repair. Now I'm a little leery of even using them if they are going to be "killed"

I was having the exact same issue, did you ever find a solution?  The only thing that seemed to help was draining the battery all the way dead, like dead dead and then recharging. This was with the mavic air 2 flymore package for me,  but the freaking app still doesn't work so i had to buy litchi app for another 25 dollars,  such b.s.!
1-8 12:34
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

No I did not. I had to get new batteries.
1-8 12:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8vgX2XeBGa8A Posted at 1-8 12:34
I was having the exact same issue, did you ever find a solution?  The only thing that seemed to help was draining the battery all the way dead, like dead dead and then recharging. This was with the mavic air 2 flymore package for me,  but the freaking app still doesn't work so i had to buy litchi app for another 25 dollars,  such b.s.!

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. If I may ask, may I know what issue are you experiencing with the app? Thank you.
1-8 23:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules