United States

dos anybody know if you can downgrade the firmware on the p3s thanks
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Basically it is recommended to keep the firmware up to date. If you really want to downgrade it, please do a search in our forum and I remember some guys shared their methods before.
2016-8-9
Use props
user39d03145b3
New

thanks dji paladin
2016-8-10
Use props
user39d03145b3
New

it messed up after i did the firmware update last week worked fine before
2016-8-10
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

user39d03145b3 Posted at 2016-8-10 22:36
it messed up after i did the firmware update last week worked fine before

This is a bit concerning... I've just ordered a P3S which should arrive at the shop on Thursday.

I've paid the guy extra money to update the firmware and get everything set up and demonstrate it etc.

Should I tell him to NOT update the firmware?

I'm thinking insist they test it first, if all seems OK, leave the firmware alone?

I decided on the P3S pretty much at the last minute, as I'm taking it to Iceland on Saturday. I don't want to risk it messing up or restricting the thing unduly with updates.

??
Edit - sniffing around it seems firmware version 1.5.70 is OK, so if it is that, tell him to leave it alone? If higher than that, just go ahead and update, hoping they've fixed the screw up?
2016-8-15
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-16 15:58
This is a bit concerning... I've just ordered a P3S which should arrive at the shop on Thursday.

I ...

Well the guy updated the firmware while I was stuck in traffic. I have no idea what version is on it.

And why in blue blazes is the gimbal lock SO FREAKING STUPIDLY TIGHT?

I'll probably end up breaking the camera while trying to remove the "protector"!!!
2016-8-19
Use props
lSu1d4bM5fZ6
New

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-20 00:30
Well the guy updated the firmware while I was stuck in traffic. I have no idea what version is on  ...

I found the camera lock and lens cover to be very tight as well. Was worried I'd break it.  Now I'm afraid to put them back on!
2016-8-25
Use props
rccentremiri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11716 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 15:21
Basically it is recommended to keep the firmware up to date. If you really want to downgrade it, ple ...

Hi.i am need help .does anyone have the same issue of radio signal lost after upgraded latest new firmware for the phantom 3s .
  Before upgraded the firmware i managed to  flew the drone to the max..but now only can do with some distances of 170 ft. Damm it ..
  Yes.. i had tried to downgraded the firmware but it seem like not allowed. Can i just do reset it ? Or anyone have the idea how to fix it ..please share it to me . Thank you.
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules