Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
serious problem of stability
2316 21 2016-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gasparkunis
New

Argentina

Hi. I have my phantom 4. I tried it in daylight and it works perfectly 3 days ago. Today , for the first time I flew in the evening and I was surprised a lot. when I took off the phantom rises and falls with violence , without my touch control. It is in P mode. They have no idea what may be the problem. I'm desperate.  On the other hand , when I put my hand on the GPS antenna to hold the phantom while it is landed, this completely lost the GPS signal , is this normal? Thank you very much!

PD: I have a V01.02.0530  firmware version.
2016-8-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Where is the GPS antenna? As far as I know it is inside the aircraft body at the top. And yes, if you put your hand over it, it most likely will prevent reception of signals.

The lack of stability at night is most likely due to the fact that the downward facing VPS cameras can't see anything at night. If you get up high enough, the GPS should stabilise the aircraft though.
2016-8-9
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The GPS is under the top of the case.
I doubt you were blocking that but if you did, you could reduce GPS signal.
The radio control antennas are in the legs, that's more likely to be what you were holding.

Where was the problem?
Was it close to the ground or up 10 feet or more?
Try your Phantom again in daylight and well above the ground.
If it works properly, Geebax suggestion is probably right.
If not, start by recalibrating your IMU on a level surface.
If your Phantom
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

As it is said above, the GPS is under the top of the case and if you put something on it, it will be influenced. For the falling issue, I'd suggest you to sync the flight record and contact our tech support. We need to look into your records.
2016-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have a gimbal guard fitted ?
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

What firmware is your aircraft and RC on? Do you have a gimbal guard or anything underneath the aircraft that can be interfering with the VPS system?
2016-8-10
Use props
gasparkunis
New

Argentina

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 05:54
As it is said above, the GPS is under the top of the case and if you put something on it, it will be ...

Thank you! tell me how I draw the flight logs and where to send them ? Thank you
2016-8-11
Use props
gasparkunis
New

Argentina

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 05:54
As it is said above, the GPS is under the top of the case and if you put something on it, it will be ...

I have just sync with the flight data Dji Go app . could see them, please? Thank you!
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you put your hand over the top of the aircraft then you are blocking the GPS and it will lose signal.
If you are still having the violent altitude changes please post a video.
And as asked before, do you have a gimbal guard, if so them remove it.
2016-8-11
Use props
gasparkunis
New

Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-11 14:28
If you put your hand over the top of the aircraft then you are blocking the GPS and it will lose sig ...

I made the calibration of the imu .
It is not set gimbal protector .
The problem persists.
Only at night. day flies perfectly .
Here attached a video where only detachment (not touch control for nothing)
2016-8-11
Use props
gasparkunis
New

Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-10 21:13
What firmware is your aircraft and RC on? Do you have a gimbal guard or anything underneath the airc ...

the firmware is the latest . I have not put the gimbal protector . Everything seems right. Thank you
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gasparkunis@gma Posted at 2016-8-12 06:18
the firmware is the latest . I have not put the gimbal protector . Everything seems right. Thank y ...

For us to see the flight record, could you provide your DJI account email and the day that video was made?
2016-8-11
Use props
gasparkunis
New

Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 19:25
For us to see the flight record, could you provide your DJI account email and the day that video w ...

mi dji user is: gasparkunis@gmail.com
de video is of today agost 11
thanks a lot
2016-8-11
Use props
gasparkunis
New

Argentina

gasparkunis@gma Posted at 2016-8-11 19:30
mi dji user is:
de video is of today agost 11
thanks a lot

night flights of the day on August 10 also have the problem
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gasparkunis@gma Posted at 2016-8-12 06:31
night flights of the day on August 10 also have the problem

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll look into this from what I can from the US. I'll let you know if anything else is needed.
2016-8-11
Use props
Gaspar
New

Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 06:47
Thank you for getting back to me. I'll look into this from what I can from the US. I'll let you kn ...

thank you very much! I really appreciate the effort a lot.
2016-8-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this same exact problem when my P4 was new - strangely enough it turned out to be a bad SD card (the factory one!).....please see this post:
http://droneflyers.com/talk/thre ... ips.1806/#post-6272
2016-8-11
Use props
Gaspar
New

Argentina

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-8-12 07:54
I had this same exact problem when my P4 was new - strangely enough it turned out to be a bad SD car ...

How weird! SD card bad ?
The problem occurred only at night or in daylight too?
Thank you!
2016-8-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-8-12 09:54
I had this same exact problem when my P4 was new - strangely enough it turned out to be a bad SD car ...

I read that, and it is misleading to say that the ASD card was the problem. If I read the post correctly, youi couild not upgrade or downgrade due to a faulty SD card, and that is a long way logically from saying the SD card caused the problem.
2016-8-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-11 20:38
I read that, and it is misleading to say that the ASD card was the problem. If I read the post cor ...

Well, if we need to speak about it technically.......

The FW updated just fine.
The bird flew improperly. For whatever reason, a couple bits of the firmware must have been written to the P4 memory in error.  No actually errors were thrown.

To try and fix the problem I attempted to reinstall the same firmware again. It would not take.

Now - we can discuss whether this firmware (tried from app AND from computer) writes through the SD card or whether it writes directly to the bird - I suppose the 2nd. But for whatever reason, the same FW which messed up the bird would not allow another copy of it to be reinstalled over it.

At that point the solution was to install a newly formatted CD card and install the same FW - using the USB cable to the Mac Assistant. After that the bird flew fine.

It's impossible to know where the bad bit is/was. If this were a typical error, the DJI software would have somehow trapped it and reported an error. The fact that it didn't means it's probably unknown to DJI.

The real point here is - if a couple other people see this behavior (and I have seen at least 3 other reports), the easiest thing to try is a new SD card and a fresh FW install.

It's not worthwhile trying to track down exactly why  - although I suspect the card (formatting, connections, etc.)....the only thing we need to really know is what to try when things go wrong.

And a new SD is one of them!
2016-8-11
Use props
Gaspar
New

Argentina

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-8-12 09:19
Well, if we need to speak about it technically.......

The FW updated just fine.

sorry . my English is not good. I suggest you reinstall the firmware again ? Thank you!
2016-8-11
Use props
Gaspar
New

Argentina

I tell them that I just made a night flight without any problems! as I suggested several of you got at least one meter . I do not freaked me with fallen at low altitude and when it reached some height started flying a blast! thank you very much everyone for your advice !
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules