Propellor blade and gimbal issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamiehayman
lvl.1

Canada

hello, I have a P3 4K, I made contact with the top of a tree it fell about 40f and landed upside down on my driveway with the props going full speed and they ground down the top centre hub on the props, I managed to get 3 of them off but the last one won't budge any suggestions?
Also the gimbal broke a mount and ripped out the long ribbon cable, I managed to fix the gimbal with the extra parts included, but now it won't pan up or down, it tries to move a tiny bit but won't..
But on start up the gimbal does its full rotation check and it works fine for that but not during flight?

2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, jamiehayman. It is recommended to contact support.us@dji.com and send it in for fixing. What's more, you can try to use this to remove the last prop: 捕获.JPG
2016-8-12
Use props
jamiehayman
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-13 00:02
Sorry for your crash, jamiehayman. It is recommended to contact support.us@dji.com and send it in fo ...

Thanks for replying, I have tried the tool, it's on so tight it spins inside the clamp, lol
2016-8-12
Use props
jamiehayman
lvl.1

Canada

I used a pair of visegrips very gently to hold the base still and then it come right off..
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jamiehayman Posted at 2016-8-16 00:07
I used a pair of visegrips very gently to hold the base still and then it come right off..

I would not vise grips, if you had to resort to that then use a rag in the jaws. But you really don't want to clamp on on the motor housing as if you damage it, that wouldn't be good.And you've probably damaged the tilt motor on the gimbal, you can try a gimbal calibration and in the app make sure your gimbal speed is good.
2016-8-15
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

I mentioned this before with NO Reply, can some take a Video on how to use the DJI Prop installation and removal tool Thanks. I have a DJI 3 Professional
2016-8-17
Use props
jamiehayman
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-15 12:13
I would not vise grips, if you had to resort to that then use a rag in the jaws. But you really don ...

Ken it was a very gentle grip, my fingers were not strong enough to hold it without spinning, I used a very gentle squeeze and it come right off the moment I turned the trouble prop..
I took it out flying on Sat no issues at all..
As for the gimbal issue, on start up the gimbal works perfectly, I believe it's the long ribbon cable because a couple of the wires broke free of the cable, so instead of a complete ribbon cable, two parts of the ribbon cable broke free but I pushed them back in, so I'm thinking I need a new ribbon cable..?
Thanks for replying Ken
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

jamiehayman Posted at 2016-8-18 10:12
Ken it was a very gentle grip, my fingers were not strong enough to hold it without spinning, I us ...

Yes, for sure you need a new ribbon cable, I would send it in for repair.
2016-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules