Cool Weather App
937 6 2016-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Hi all, I just wanted to let everyone kno ( tho I am sure there are many that have one or even this one) that I found a cool weather app called UAV Forecast in the app store. You can set your Threshold setting like height, amount of sats, temp wind conditions, and it will do the rest. It uses your location, checks weather conditions and tells you if its good to fly with the limits you have set, check it out

2016-8-13
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

Yeah, great app. Though the in-app upgrade to unlock the 7-day hourly forecast is a bit steep. Not to mention, the payment is only good for a 1-yr subscription, not a one-time payment.

I also have Hover (backup to UAV Forecast) and Yahoo! Weather (for 5-day or 10-day forecast).
2016-8-14
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Heebus,

Yes, it is a good site, even over here in Hawai'i.  I have been using it for months now and they do cover their ass well.  Once when it was "iffy" I almost flew, then checked the site and it said it was 100% chance of rain!  Sure enough, it was raining out the window.  Good one!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-15
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Used the free app for months now, usually very accurate. The odd bug on getting location. If buy the full app, but the price isn't justified. Lower it and they'll make a packet from drone operators. All in all, I love it.
2016-8-17
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

calls4u2 Posted at 2016-8-17 04:34
Used the free app for months now, usually very accurate. The odd bug on getting location. If buy the ...

I havent had a problem with mine, location works perfectly... maybe re install it
2016-8-17
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-17 11:10
I havent had a problem with mine, location works perfectly... maybe re install it

Seems related to a low strength/slow internet connection. Does it on every device I've tested. I'm fine as long as I have solid internet, the moment it's anywhere flaky (even though browsing works) it can show 'unknown location' - probably a timeout to their servers. Excellent app though and I'd urge everyone to give it  ago.
2016-8-17
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Ya, our more then likely right there, on my cell works 100%, my ipad mini doesnt have data, so if I'm not near wifi it cant find me
2016-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules