Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnny fiveo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2997710 ft
  • >>>

After 200+ Flights, I have finally crashed the drone.  I guess it was go big or go home, because this was a life ender for the drone.  One thing I will say is that I followed the FAA safety recommendations and concerns regarding where and how to fly around people.  When it did crash to the ground, No one was near it.  The only bright side is that I am now a proud owner of the Phantom 4.  I'm just thankful I was not acting careless with the drone, or this could of ended badly.  

2016-8-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Thank you for flying safely.  Congrats on the P4 !!

Edit:  By the way, I'm sure many of us would be very interested to know the story and damage.  Any stills of the carnage?
2016-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck with the new P4, it's a good machine if all working well.
2016-8-13
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2997710 ft
  • >>>

Well I reviewed the flight data and I had it hovering off to the side of the road where the motorcycle riders were starting.  My goal was to video the bikers as they rode by.  At some point I pressed up on the left stick and it shot to 39.4 feet and struck a wire.  When it hit the wire it came crashing down fully onto the concrete road thankfully where no one was at.   At no point was it hovering anyway above anyone.  Thankful for that, because my first thought was, if it hit a rider on his bike, and he went down, it would of caused a chain reaction of crashes.   I forever will always follow the FFA guidelines.  Today could of been the worst day of my life if I didn't.  
I wasn't recording yet when it hit.  The crash smashed the shell, the battery, the gimble and ruined my carbonfiber propellors.  
2016-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules