3718 25 2016-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Installed the HDMI module yesterday and can't get it to work. Have read through many forum threads and it still doesn't show up on HD page to allow simultaneous viewing. Have tried 3 different Android devices and brand new iPad mini 3 and all normal flight functions work fine. After installing the module, it did not ask me to update RC firmware which is up to date, version 1.6.0, iOS app version 2.8.6 and aircraft version 01.02.0503. Some posts recommended recyling aircraft and RC power to trigger the request to update firmware to recognize HDMI module. Any help would be greatly appreviated. Also have reinstalled DJI Go app. I don't know if can somehow install older version of RC firmware to trigger update to recognize module.
2016-8-13
Use props
myartmyworld.ll
New

United States

I'm having the same problem... Found something about having to reinstall the firmware again and that should take care of problem... but I've looked for old firmware and nothing...I'm trying to use my Fat shark Dominator V3...I wish DJI  would leave old version of the firmware on line just for these problems
2016-8-13
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

myartmyworld.ll Posted at 2016-8-13 11:39
I'm having the same problem... Found something about having to reinstall the firmware again and that ...

Aloha poppy,

Are you flying a P4?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-13
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I'm flying a P4 and just found problem. The case and card were not aligned up for connection, had to reposition card and work case in very carefully to get connected
2016-8-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello poppylfh-sp, please make sure the connectors inside the HDMI module have been installed correctly. If it is convenient, you can also post some screenshot of this issue here.
2016-8-14
Use props
skreuser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5499 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-15 11:29
Hello poppylfh-sp, please make sure the connectors inside the HDMI module have been installed correc ...

I wish it was as easy as that for me.. I've been troubleshooting this thing for the last week!  HDMI out to TV or goggles only shows OSD, but no video..  It's like half way working,  everything is up to date firmware controller/phantom 3 adv...  controller works etc..  any one have any other suggestions, tonight I reinstalled it to make sure the ribbon cables were good, same thing...
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

skreuser@gmail. Posted at 2016-8-16 13:13
I wish it was as easy as that for me.. I've been troubleshooting this thing for the last week!  HDM ...

If you enable this option, both of your mobile device and your monitors will show the live feed. When no monitors or goggles work well with this HDMI module, I'd suggest you to contact our US tech support and send it in. HDMI.PNG
2016-8-15
Use props
sky777
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-16 14:40
If you enable this option, both of your mobile device and your monitors will show the live feed. W ...

Those options are not on my app..  and again, latest version.
2016-8-16
Use props
Drone 5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88294 ft
United States

I had to reinstall the firmware even though it was the latest version already. It would just show OSD info until I did that. I think I used the Assistant program to do so. Good luck...
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

sky777 Posted at 2016-8-17 00:34
Those options are not on my app..  and again, latest version.

Can you post a screenshot of the image transmission page?
If you have the HDMI module correctly installed then you'll see those options.
2016-8-16
Use props
armando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7822553 ft
  • >>>
United States

Switching on the Simultaneous button fixed my issue.
Before switching it, it would tell me there's no signal when an HDMI cord was plugged into the connection. When pulled out, everything was fine.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone 5150 Posted at 2016-8-17 00:48
I had to reinstall the firmware even though it was the latest version already. It would just show OS ...

Have you it sorted out yet ?
2016-8-18
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue.  Had to remove and reinstall the module.  It's very difficult to get the connector and the cover lined up correctly.  
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

The Roach Posted at 2016-8-19 11:58
I had the same issue.  Had to remove and reinstall the module.  It's very difficult to get the conne ...

Glad you got it sorted out.
2016-8-19
Use props
sky777
lvl.1
United States

I'm still having the probblem..  Running RC 1.6 and do not see the menu regarding HDMI output.
2016-8-26
Use props
andy869
lvl.1

United States

The Roach Posted at 2016-8-19 11:58
I had the same issue.  Had to remove and reinstall the module.  It's very difficult to get the conne ...

How exactly did you line it up correctly?  I cannot get the controller to connect when I have the cover on, with it off it works.
2016-10-9
Use props
andy869
lvl.1

United States

sky777 Posted at 2016-8-26 15:38
I'm still having the probblem..  Running RC 1.6 and do not see the menu regarding HDMI output.

Did you ever resolve this?
2016-10-9
Use props
Drone 5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88294 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-18 13:53
Have you it sorted out yet ?

Yes. Reloading the current firmware at the time solved the issue.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Drone 5150 Posted at 2016-10-26 07:36
Yes. Reloading the current firmware at the time solved the issue.

Good to know, thanks.
2016-10-25
Use props
odontologo98
lvl.1

Brazil

same problem.
See my video

2017-4-11
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

odontologo98 Posted at 2017-4-11 17:23
same problem.
See my video

Try this as it looks like you are using a stubborn Samsung device.

Leave the drone turned off and the remote too.
Turn the phone on and open GO 4.  Plug it into the remote USB.
Turn the remote on and see if you can get to the dark GO 4 screen.  You need to change the Settings > Developer Options to ON as well as USB Debugging and USB configuration to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) from Charging which it may be doing by default.
Now turn on the drone and see if an image appears in GO.

Fwiw, some suggest to lock the channel onto a good green one from Automatic and lower the MBPS setting under the channels manual selector to lowest it will go (4 I think?) to keep the video breakup to a minimum which is never good on  mine and I get gray and green video feeds at times in GO 4.

For some reason, last night mine stayed in Charging mode a long time.  I may  have rebooted the phone to get it into the MTP mode so GO would work.  It acted odd when I first plugged it into the phone with a small semi-circle popping out from the home button on the phone telling me the USB cable was senses and there, just it was stuck in Charging mode until it transferred to the MTP setting in time.

Samsung has really added too much stuff to the Developer Options settings menu to fully understand, imho.

Good luck.  If it still is a mess, might be time to look at an iPad, but now I see where they are starting to have video feed break-up issues with GO 4 as well.

Added:
I forgot to mention that at one point, some screen popped up saying "Do you want to allow GO 4 to use this (USB) setting all the time?"  It was quite a while before that screen popped up (Ten minutes?).  So far it seems to work plugging into the USB, other than the typical video feed break-up to the RC that the Samsung does.  I don't see the breaking up in Autopilot so it must be some bug in GO 4 someplace that their software people have messed up.  Another GO 4 version is out so who knows what happens with it too.

2017-4-11
Use props
odontologo98
lvl.1

Brazil

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-4-11 20:01
Try this as it looks like you are using a stubborn Samsung device.

Leave the drone turned off and the remote too.

thanks.
I'll try this tonight.
2017-4-12
Use props
odontologo98
lvl.1

Brazil

Unfortunately it does not work.
Wasted money!
2017-4-12
Use props
JUAN P4P
lvl.1
Colombia

i upgraded firmware with my original p4p controller usb-only module, then installed hdmi module and refreshed frimware, used an external hdmi monitor, and all worked well for 2 days, i had perfect usb feed to my iphone 6, and perfect hdmi signal to my external screen, but after 2 days, whenever i connect the controller with the external screen, i loose connection on the iphone 6, it is constantly going on a loop from weak connection signal to disconnected, and on the external screen it goes from input to no input, none of both devices ever shows a video feed at all, it just stays black!! i have tried reinstalling the original usb-only odule, and refreshing firmware and then again hdmio module install with firmware refresh, many times to no avail, many different cables, many different external screens! etc joi have done everything suggested from you guys!
2017-9-9
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

JUAN P4P Posted at 2017-9-9 10:32
i upgraded firmware with my original p4p controller usb-only module, then installed hdmi module and refreshed frimware, used an external hdmi monitor, and all worked well for 2 days, i had perfect usb feed to my iphone 6, and perfect hdmi signal to my external screen, but after 2 days, whenever i connect the controller with the external screen, i loose connection on the iphone 6, it is constantly going on a loop from weak connection signal to disconnected, and on the external screen it goes from input to no input, none of both devices ever shows a video feed at all, it just stays black!! i have tried reinstalling the original usb-only odule, and refreshing firmware and then again hdmio module install with firmware refresh, many times to no avail, many different cables, many different external screens! etc joi have done everything suggested from you guys!

Did you try resetting cameral settings or all settings.  If not, give that a go, I read where some did so and it worked.
Best of Luck
2017-9-9
Use props
fans419ac1ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207444 ft
Canada

The unit is very sensible to the quality of the cable betweem RC and IPAD. I ha the same problem (losing camera connexion) and it has been solved by changing the cable. Be sure to clean connexion on the cable.
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules