Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 No image transmission error
8607 25 2016-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteadyWTF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I was having absolutely NO issues at all with my MAtrice 600 until today.
Hate to sound corny but it was the beacon of good health until today however I really haven't done anything but fly it..
The first flight out this morning, there seems to be something wrong with the Image Trasnsmission.
I took off the X5 and put it on the Osmo and the cam works fine.  So I can rule the camera out.  
All cables look great.   I checked everything and all seems top notch.  

DJI if you could help please do.  THank you
2016-8-13
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I too had an issue like this so I re-bound the controller, and it all came back. could be coincidence because this was just after the new update to the ground controller a week ago. All my systems are 100% and running two cameras, x5 and thermal. BUT assistant 2 is broken regards seeing the m600 tab now. Ghost in the machine!!!! I am sure DJI are working on a fix......please be working on a fix.

r
2016-8-13
Use props
SteadyWTF
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-13 19:45
Hi,
I too had an issue like this so I re-bound the controller, and it all came back. could be coinci ...

thanks.. Did you re-bound it or re-boot it?
2016-8-13
Use props
SteadyWTF
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-13 19:45
Hi,
I too had an issue like this so I re-bound the controller, and it all came back. could be coinci ...

@ricci2, YOU ARE A LEGEND MAN!!!
Thanks so much.  You really saved the day.

Here is what I did (for our BETA tests lol)
I re-bound controller.  For some reason my Bandwidth Allocation was all the way up.  I turned this all the way down and turned off the "enable EXT port"  Wallah.

There is absolutely no explanation for this happening.   Regardless, thank you for you help!

2016-8-13
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

excellent news... are you doing the beta ground-station? I have applied but no feedback as yet. I was concerned to know due to google not doing updates on the pc version its aparently not going to be stable, shame as this is where I wanted to use it and not the iPad.
be good and glad your up and running.

r
2016-8-14
Use props
SteadyWTF
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-14 11:05
excellent news... are you doing the beta ground-station? I have applied but no feedback as yet. I wa ...

No Beta for me..  I was kidding.  I think all new DJI products are still in BETA.  They constantly add new things in to the firmware without telling people.  So I have no idea if this transmission issue has been noted by DJI engineers or not.   The only thing I can think of that could have triggered this situation was me changing cameras.  For example, I took off my camera on the Matrice 600, and then back on to the Inspire Pro and then back on to the Matrice 600 (all cam setting remained the same).   Both have two different controllers.  Maybe DJI GO ap is the culprit?  
2016-8-14
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

I suspect the app too as sometimes on startup the app reports not connected but I have full sats, battery info but no picture. I relaunch the app and hey presto its all ok. I am beta testing the Autopilot app and it has some merit for the m600 but you are not able to switch to second camera without going back into the go app and then that breaks the connection to autopilot so no real answer, which is why I was hoping the ground station would be workable..  Data link parts arrive this week so I shall do my own beta testing.

r
2016-8-14
Use props
SteadyWTF
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I hear that man.. Happens to me all the time.  
I recently got the whopper of all DJI GO app screw ups... I was on a trip out for my company on a whale expedition.
I wasn't getting a good satellite read and figured I wasn't going to,  being in the Pacific Ocean and all.  However all of the visible diagnostics looked great, did a calibration, (which somehow succeeded even without a full set of satellites).  Did a quick test flight over the boat, still not enough sats.  Everything seemed to be working great but in hindsight the DJI GO had been giving me trouble all week.
So I started to take it out,  when all of the sudden the DJI GO ap had PERFECT satellite signals.  Since the GPS engaged us we finally had our maps up, thank goodness---so I thought.     Unknowingly we had entered a no fly zone, we were flying at 12 feet (well below the boats height) chasing a whale more then a mile off the coast with no initial satellite to feed us this information when we took off.  We would have never intentionally flied in an NFZ, but when you're out on the ocean with no reference point and no airplanes in site, the last thing on your mind is there maybe an airport in the middle of the water.
Sorry I digress.  So the DJI GO decides to work with GPS, however right then the firmware (which I literally just uploaded the newest version) had a new feature.. YUP- GEO Fencing !  The drone was sent right on down into the Pacific .. It landed in the Pacific Ocean. BYE drone.   DJI initially claimed that there were apparently two warning phases and it would have hovered.  I told them straight out that this was false.  Which they now admit to.
So that taught me a lesson about trusting DJI GO, as well as the new firmware updates.   ALWAYS make sure the DJI GO ap is working correctly.  Turn on and off the application if you feel like something is amiss ( and even then you may be SOL).  Reboot the remote, DJI GO, and the drone if you feel like something is wrong.  IF you don't you may find your drone on the bottom of the Ocean while DJI refuses to acknowledge any bugs at all.
Lots of money down the drain!  It's kinda funny, because they initially denied the drone would go straight down, and now it is part of their color chart for specific airspace saying exactly what I told them.
Point being, we their clients are the true Beta testers, whether we signed up for it or not!!

PS.  They did NOT offer to replace my drone.  When they learned that I was right about the drone not hovering they offered me 30 percent off a new drone..  I declined
2016-8-14
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

You should change your name to CPT Ahab, I am a designer and inventor so issues are my closest friend however I bought the M600 to start a new business because I wrongly assumed it was a sorted bit of kit which it mostly is but some bits will always bite you if we forget its a very new form of tech and given the cluttered airways will sometime clutch out. have a procedure in place or don't fly no matter the pressure the powderers that be infer, except death then fly buddy fly....   :-)))

r
2016-8-15
Use props
SteadyWTF
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-15 18:50
You should change your name to CPT Ahab, I am a designer and inventor so issues are my closest frien ...

Agreed, new technology is an issues game..   Looking across the internet there are thousands of examples of drone crashes that have no reasoning behind them, pilot error , or a mixture of both.  However how can one have a procedure even before the problem is known?
2016-8-16
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

greetings,

From a design standpoint if you make a round wheel in china it still should be round in Canada, south Africa and tim-buck too...for that matter. If its not then it is a localised issue causing the problem and the amount of variables are staggering when it comes to influencing radio propagation so it's no wonder craft fall out the sky. On the other hand if a craft fly's fine one day and not after a firmware update then that is an attributable cause where the designers just didn't test well enough. You have to spare a thought for the programers though, locked in a dark room with only coffee and a computer screen and a deadline which is always unachievable.

It is hard to forgive when its your money headed for the ocean bed though. I am about to undertake a marine survey soon which means 95% of the flight time is over water so I am embarking on a process of waterproofing the electronics and having buoyancy aids, its going to look like a beached whale but I will get most of the bits back should it decide to learn to swim.......regarding the procedures thing, I often fight the need for a structured life however having a list of questions that require an affirmative before flying could limit some of the needless crashes, which is why commercial aircraft fly by the book and not the seat of the pants, although the latter is more fun.

r
2016-8-17
Use props
xjacksonx
New
Germany

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-13 15:45
Hi,
I too had an issue like this so I re-bound the controller, and it all came back. could be coincidence because this was just after the new update to the ground controller a week ago. All my systems are 100% and running two cameras, x5 and thermal. BUT assistant 2 is broken regards seeing the m600 tab now. Ghost in the machine!!!! I am sure DJI are working on a fix......please be working on a fix.

Hey guys,
i have the same problem with no image transmission with a brand new M600 Pro. How exactly do you re-bound the controller?
Thnks a lot.
2017-4-26
Use props
xjacksonx
New
Germany

Hi,

Hey guys,
i have the same problem with no image transmission with a brand new M600 Pro. How exactly do you re-bound the controller?
Thnks a lot.
2017-4-26
Use props
xjacksonx
New
Germany

Hey guys, i have the same problem with no image transmission with a brand new M600 Pro. How exactly do you re-bound the controller? Thnks a lot.
2017-4-26
Use props
xjacksonx
New
Germany

Hey guys, i have the same problem with no image transmission with a brand new M600 Pro. How exactly do you re-bound the controller? Thanks a lot.
2017-4-26
Use props
xjacksonx
New
Germany

Hi,

Hey guys,
Thnks a lot.
2017-4-26
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

xjacksonx Posted at 2017-4-26 07:20
Hey guys,
Thnks a lot.

Hi,
in your user manual it will have the procedure for binding if you don’t have the user manual go to the M600 tab on the DJI site and go to downloads its there. In essence you just press a little button on the A3 from memory, it has a little blue light beside it.

ricci
2017-4-26
Use props
xjacksonx
New
Germany

ricci2 Posted at 2017-4-26 07:50
Hi,
in your user manual it will have the procedure for binding if you don’t have the user manual go to the M600 tab on the DJI site and go to downloads its there. In essence you just press a little button on the A3 from memory, it has a little blue light beside it.

Thanks, I prospected for the Button
2017-4-26
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2120541 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I had no image from X5R on my M600 after updates and i found out after a couple of hours that the problem was the settings in the GO app
in the GO app
Go to HD image transmission settings
Set Bandwith Allocation to something like 50%
Set App output mode to EXT (NOT LB)
Tadaa works again :-)
2017-5-15
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ronny G Posted at 2017-5-15 08:09
I had no image from X5R on my M600 after updates and i found out after a couple of hours that the problem was the settings in the GO app
in the GO app

How do you like the X5R on the M600?  Honestly,  I don't know why DJI couldn't expand on the X5R.  It seems to be a working solution for getting more range with the inclusion of the SSD.  For those who went for the M600 (I'm still really sorry for those who got cheated by the first issue of units),  it would be nice to see them try and upgrade the X5R camera or adapt it so the X5s could work with it..  How hard would it be to make a 20+MP camera  work with the Inspire1 and M600,  maybe a high capacity battery,  a few lenses that are DJI specific, or an upgrade for the X5 unit? Perhaps a unit that is UHSII compatible (faster read/write times)?.   There is no excuse not to have an adapter for the X5s camera that goes to the M600.  
2017-5-16
Use props
fansc1fe5906
New
Flight distance : 311453 ft
Canada

Ronny G Posted at 2017-5-15 08:09
in the GO app

Hi I just read this message and all the threads.  We have similar issues with our M600 pro. We sporadically lose image transmission using our z30 camera.  We too changed to external port and adjusted the bandwidth but still have the same issue. I was wondering if you did anything else that may have helped your situation. We have tried everything else and now are looking at changing out the LB. any help would be greatly appreciated
2017-7-29
Use props
Erin Radford
lvl.1
United States

fansc1fe5906 Posted at 2017-7-29 14:19
Hi I just read this message and all the threads.  We have similar issues with our M600 pro. We sporadically lose image transmission using our z30 camera.  We too changed to external port and adjusted the bandwidth but still have the same issue. I was wondering if you did anything else that may have helped your situation. We have tried everything else and now are looking at changing out the LB. any help would be greatly appreciated

Something is screwed up in the last M600 update. We're running an M600 (not pro) and a Zenmuse X5. The bandwidth allocation & EXT trick work for us, we can get image transmission.

However, the camera still says it needs an update & we can't get video feed in any 3rd party apps that we use for commercial work.

DJI has REALLY screwed us. I have jobs coming up and I have NO idea how to get them done.
2017-8-11
Use props
Egret
lvl.1

United States

We have an M600 Pro and we just un-boxed and activated it yesterday. All the drone flight capabilities are there but the X5R camera says No Transmission Signal in the DJI GO app. After reading the above threads it makes sense to maybe try the settings reconfiguration first and then if that doesn't work rebound the controller. Right? Also, if you change the camera settings back do you lose the transmission again?

Final Question: If you have the Light-bridge 2 slave controller, do you use the bound button to pair it or just designate the slave controller in the DJI GO App?

Thank you!
2017-10-6
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Erin Radford Posted at 2017-8-11 17:18
Something is screwed up in the last M600 update. We're running an M600 (not pro) and a Zenmuse X5. The bandwidth allocation & EXT trick work for us, we can get image transmission.

However, the camera still says it needs an update & we can't get video feed in any 3rd party apps that we use for commercial work.

Welcome my Friends to the DJI Matrice 600.  This drone has been nothing but a problem.  It literally flew well for a week and then another firmware upgrade came out.. The End
2017-10-7
Use props
Ko2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88953 ft
Turkey

Hi,
I just started to get the following error: (same as above)

The DJI GO App message says "No image transmission signal", and the pilot and video remotes have black GO App screens.
I can control the direction and zoom on the camera, and I can take photos and video onto the memory card, l just cannot see anything from the app!
Everything was just fine a week ago and 2 days ago I upgraded the remote.

I am using M600. The camera is not important because this happens only with the EXT channel. I get the images from the LB. I tried with both Z3 and XT. They both use the EXT channel. I tried all the setups for the EXT from DJI GO app.

Need urgent help...

Thanks,
Korhan
2017-10-23
Use props
Overnite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148327 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem. M600, Ronin MX, Sony A7s and trying to get an image on the CrystlSky monitor. Tried all of the above fixes with no such luck. DJI supports only suggestion so far has been to enable "EXT" in the app. HDMI and SDI out from the controller work great, but CrystalSky 5.5"  is still just a solid grey screen?!
2017-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules