Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New idea for RTH
443 1 2016-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I have seen some videos of quads crashing into buildings, rock spires, etc. Initially I could not understand why a pilot would do that but later realized that it may have been as a result of RTH and improper height settings. I was discussing this with a friend yesterday and came up with a different idea for RTH.
Since the craft records the flight path, what about an option besides direct RTH, hover and throttle down, how about reverse flight path? Seems it would be useful for loss of signal in difficult flying environments (like flying to the backside of a tall structure). As long as there is sufficient battery life it could just retrace the path up to that point to get back home, thereby avoiding obstacles. Useful for flying underneath structures as well. Seems like it would be pretty easy to implement.
2016-8-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

This idea has come up before with some options:

- Do not go straight up to reach RTH, but move forward and up, to utilize P4's front sensors, since there are no sensors on the top.

- In the event of signal loss, instead of going into RTH, we should have th eoption to retrace it's flight path and thus it will recover the signal again.  This should be an option only when the battery life is not an issue.

I like both of these options.
2016-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules