Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Editing
1075 2 2016-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAFrankSU
lvl.4
United States

Hello all,

I just wanted to ask around and see if anyone might recommend a solid photo-editing program? It pains me when I see differences in light exposure when I take panorama stills. I only have Macs at home and for panoramas I use the DronePan App.

When I shoot photos I always take JPEG and DNG. I assume Adobe Photoshop will handle DNG? Has anyone worked with Affinity Photo?
Note: This thread a copy from the Inspire board; thought it might be more appropriate in "discussion". Sorry!

Frank

2016-8-14
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.4

Your title says video editing but you ask about photo editing so I'll go with the assumption of that.

I too only use a Macbook Pro and use Adobe LightRoom 6 (CC). Adobe has gone to a subscription based service but you can still purchase the latest version without the sub. The only thing you don't get is the ability of using the mobile version as far as I can tell. I would rather pay for the program than pay $19 a month to rent the program. Eventually you will pay more for the program over time. All that said... I haven't found a program that is better at "Developing" pictures as LR. Notice I said Develop. It is not a program such as PS (which I have) that you can actually add things to the pictures. LR just takes the information your camera brings in and develops the information embedded.
I only take pictures in RAW format since you get the most information out of the picture as opposed to taking a JPEG which essentially takes a slice of the information available. I've got a little over $15k in Video and Camera equipment and I've used many programs over the years but LR is by far the best IMO.

*EDIT* You can stitch together panorama pictures in LR also since that was your original question. I forgot to mention that. Sorry.

Here are a few examples.

Slingblade Bridge 1 by T Productions, on Flickr

Moon 2 by T Productions, on Flickr

Sunrise 3 by T Productions, on Flickr

HDR Cloud 5 by T Productions, on Flickr
untitled-36-HDR by T Productions, on Flickr

Chess Board by T Productions, on Flickr

2016-8-14
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.4
United States

RearViewMirror Posted at 2016-8-14 11:43
Your title says video editing but you ask about photo editing so I'll go with the assumption of that ...

Wow, those photos are incredible. I did mean *Photo Editing so thank you for considering that. I will definitely look into your program.
2016-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules