Matrice 600 SRW-60G loosing connection all the time
4173 23 2016-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyguide
lvl.2

Switzerland

Just a short description of my problem:

I had some flights with the Sony Camera on the Ronin-MX with the SRW-60G and everything worked fine. I had a stable and clear FPV image on the tablet during the whole flight. But today I had a shooting for a client. I set up everything as usual but I didn't get a stable image on my iPad. I had to cancel the job and went home. There I did some further testings and didn't get it back to work as it should.

So the problem is, that the SRW-60G works somethimes but most of the time not. It tries to connect, the led turns green and then red led flashing again. I tried different HDMI cables, different cameras and different remote controllers. I updated all the firmware. We are not able to upgrade SRW-60G yet, right?
I did a video where I'm showing what I tried:

DJI please help, this is so frustrating. Might this be a faulty firmware or maybe a faulty SRW-60G?
2016-8-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would contact dji.com/support select your region and method of contact.  They will able able to assist you further.
2016-8-14
Use props
Lucien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35574 ft
France

Same problem here ! I also have these grey strips but I didn't know it was from the SRW-60G trying to reconnect !

I didn't do any firmware updates on my Ronin MX but I updated the Lightbridge 2 system. Matrice 600 is also up to date.

Gonna have another look today to try to figure out why is this happening.
Perhaps because of this Lightbridge 2 firmware update, or RC firmware update ?
2016-8-15
Use props
Lucien
lvl.2
France

Okay so this is what I did to try to figure out this issue :

1) I've checked all the connection referring to installation of the Ronin MX on the Matrice 600. I've checked all the cables with this video from DJI :

2) Then I powered the SRW-60G with the CAN cable (not the USB cable) and connect my camera with an HDMI to micro-HDMI cable to the SRW-60G.

3) I powered first the remote controller and the app, and then the aircraft, but even after calibrate compass, I was getting an error and no video so I close the app and reboot my remote controller.

4) After that, all warning lights turned to green (satellites, compass, etc...) and I was able to enter camera view to modify the settings.

5) I set the transmission to 20% HDMI - 80% AV (tried several percentage but didn't notice any changes...)

6) I disabled EXT Port

7) I also disabled HDMI/SDI because I didn't need it

Some things to notice :

- I've noticed that my SRW-60G do not lose connection when I have grey strips, so I don't where does this come from...
   - I had wireless connection on my camera so I turned it to airplane mode to be sure.
   - I am not sure that my house is in an area without interference (I'm close to a military base so I don't know if it's relevant or not)
   - I did all these tests outside to avoid other interferences such as TV, computer, Wi-Fi, etc...
   - My Ronin MX was not up to date
   - Lightbridge 2 and Matrice 600 up to date

So now it's working relatively well, even if sometimes I get some grey strips... I'm wondering if the Matrice 600 is not VERY sensitive to interferences, I mean more than an Inspire 1. Because I never had problem like that with my Inspire 1 at home. That is just an hypothesis...

I don't know if this can help you, tell me !
2016-8-15
Use props
skyguide
lvl.2

Switzerland

Lucien Posted at 2016-8-15 12:50
Okay so this is what I did to try to figure out this issue :

1) I've checked all the connection ref ...

I'm sorry, but this didn't help. Thank you for your post! I think we don't have the exactly same problem.

Today I had another job to do. I needed more than an hour to get a stable connection. {:4_154:} I startet everything and got a picture on the tablet. But a few seconds later it froze. So I restartet the SRW-60G again and again. No luck. Suddenly the SRW-60G did not want get green anymore. Before that I got at least a lifestream for a few seconds, but now I did not get anything. So I turned off the SRW-60G and waited a few minutes. Afterwards I got a lifestream again but not stable. Lost the picture again... So I began to restart the SRW-60G again and again.
I noticed that the lifestream lasted longer if I turned off the SRW-60G for a longer time (2-3 minutes). If I restarted the SRW-60G too often with only a few seconds between a power cycle the SRW-60G did not want to work anymore after a few times. Then I had to wait and it worked again. That was at least my luck. I waited 5 minutes, reconnected the SRW-60G but got the lifestream only for seconds. After two times reconnecting the SRW-60G with just seconds between the reconnection I got finally the lifestream and had a flight about 20 minutes with no issue.

I don't know what is problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I can't work with such a product.

@Tahoe_Ed: Thanks. Already contacted the support. I just wanted to know if there are other people with the same issue or if DJI already know this issue and had a solution therefore.
2016-8-16
Use props
Lucien
lvl.2
France

skyguide Posted at 2016-8-16 12:15
I'm sorry, but this didn't help. Thank you for your post! I think we don't have the exactly same p ...

Sorry it didn't help

Indeed my SRW-60G do not disconnect all the time so it's actually not the exact same problem but when I saw your video I notice that I was having the same video feedback on my iPad so I thought I was having this connection problem with the SRW-60G.

As you already said, maybe it's a faulty SRW-60G. Anyway it seems so...

Good luck with this problem, and if I can help in any way, tell me !
2016-8-16
Use props
skyguide
lvl.2

Switzerland

Lucien Posted at 2016-8-16 13:14
Sorry it didn't help

Indeed my SRW-60G do not disconnect all the time so it's actually not the ...

Thank you very much! I hope so, that it is "only" a faulty SRW-60G. I'm still waiting for a response of the DJI Support. I will update you as soon as I know more.
2016-8-16
Use props
ryanjrowe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369560 ft
United States

skyguide Posted at 2016-8-16 09:29
Thank you very much! I hope so, that it is "only" a faulty SRW-60G. I'm still waiting for a respon ...

Did you hear back from support? Are you still having problems?
2016-9-21
Use props
noelzinger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6663 ft

I'm having all the same issues as these folks. Tech support has no answers.  
2016-9-21
Use props
noelzinger
lvl.3
Canada

I'm getting a stable video transmission form my A6000 only when I start in this sequence.  (I've been at this for two solid days now trying every combination possible)

#1 Ronin Mx - on.  SWR-60G and Futaba S. Bus is powered from ronin Mx and so is power on too.
#2 Camera - A6000  - on
#3 Transmitter - on
#4 M600 - on (When I power on the Ronin Mx it also powers on the Futaba receiver which is plugged into the S. Bus which possibly binds to it instead of some other DJI camera option?)
#5 Start Go app
#6 plug in tablet cable from Transmitter into the tablet (nexus 7, my iPad is unstable) The app recognizes the m600 and pushing the camera button starts the app which includes the live video feed.

I've repeated this sequence 7 time with success every time.  I think the most important procedure is to fully power up all gimbal components BEFORE you power up your M600.  

I was reluctant to post until I got consistent results, so far so good.  

Noel

2016-9-22
Use props
noelzinger
lvl.3
Canada

It could also be sequence #6, starting the DJI Go app last by plugging in the cable from the controller to the tablet which starts the app so the app sees or populates with the video because everything is already running.

Any way, the SWR-60G is still working. I'm still not going to a job without a hard wire option in my bag.

Noel
2016-9-22
Use props
noelzinger
lvl.3
Canada

Sorry all, it's back to square one.  The SWR-60G  is back to being inconsistent and random.  I'm throwing in the towel and sending it back.

Noel
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

noelzinger@skyr Posted at 2016-9-23 11:13
Sorry all, it's back to square one.  The SWR-60G  is back to being inconsistent and random.  I'm thr ...

Just to clarify, are all the components up to date with the latest firmware?
2016-9-22
Use props
noelzinger
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-22 22:40
Just to clarify, are all the components up to date with the latest firmware?

Yes, latest versions on all components
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

noelzinger@skyr Posted at 2016-9-24 01:37
Yes, latest versions on all components

Just for further troubleshooting, have you tried using this system as a single operator with no Futaba RC? have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
2016-9-23
Use props
noelzinger
lvl.3
Canada

Yes, I have tried starting the system without the Futaba. I have tried different HDMI cables.  When I turn on the controller and then the M600 they connect (indicated by a solid green light on controller) but the app says that the M600 is not connected and is showing no data from the M600 in the Go App.  

I did managed to get the system up and running including the camera image on the Go App but it was short lived.  Repeating the start up sequence I used for that successful boot-up failed to see the M600.  

I think its the Go App because all the lights on the controller and the M600 show that they are bound, the Go App sees the Controller but doesn't see the M600.

2016-9-23
Use props
noelzinger
lvl.3
Canada

I got rid of the SWR-60G, couldn't make it work reliably.  I'm now on tho the next issue with the M600 which is, my Go app sees the controller but looses connection with the M600, no data from the M600.  I found a discussion  regarding this issue, I'll post there.  
2016-9-24
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been trying to install the SWR-60g today for the first time. I found the power cord to the can1 port to not be secure. It took quite a few attempts to seet the cable, and finally it went in and felt secure. This may be a connection problem if not seeted all the way. FYI

2016-10-26
Use props
Russ_Wildlife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5249157 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

after hundreds and hundreds of flights with no problem, I am now having this problem... very annoyed!!!
2016-11-16
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

How do I update the firmware on the SRW-60G? I've been looking for hours on Google with no success.
2016-11-16
Use props
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87920 ft
Spain

3x3q Posted at 2016-11-17 04:05
How do I update the firmware on the SRW-60G? I've been looking for hours on Google with no success.

Same question!!! how you update SRW-60G? details reply please
2016-11-25
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 725 ft
Czechia

We are having the same issue with SRW-60G. Total unstable, still reconnecting, mostly useless. We tried direct connection to LB2 and there is 100% image all the time... so it must be a SRW-60G issue. We are using M600 with Ronin MX, everything was on latest firmware, we tried different HDMI cables, different HDMI sources (GH4, Canon 5DmkII,).. we decided to send SRW-60G back to dealer with complaint, but we can't wait 1 month to get it back.... Any solution for that? Any advice? Anybody with the same problem?
2016-11-30
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
Vietnam

FlyingFreeFilms Posted at 2016-11-25 17:46
Same question!!! how you update SRW-60G? details reply please

Would love an update. How to update SRW-60g firmware?
2016-12-14
Use props
Soren.S
lvl.1
China

Hi there Skyguide, I'm also using similar rig and my A7's HDMI port was kinda worn out then I was told to pull-then-replug the cable to ensure the pin is properly connected. Did you try with a different camera and would that solve the problem? I'm thinking of getting a new camera now..
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules