Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 Frame Arm alignment
3588 19 2016-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucien
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35574 ft
France

Hi everyone !

I bought a Matrice 600 with a Ronin MX and while I was admire the bird at the end of assembly, I've noticed that the motors were not all aligned with Matrice 600 Center Frame. They are a bit more on the left or a bit more on the right compared to the center frame.

So I just would like to be sure that this is normal or if I have to recenter them on the arms.

Here are some pictures to explain what I'm talking about (sorry, I couldn't upload them directly...) :

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=161757framearm1.jpg
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=225179framearm5jpg.jpg

Thank you in advance for your help !

2016-8-14
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

hi is the opposite leg tilted the other way to counter the angle? I will look at mine now.
report back later

r
2016-8-15
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

hello,
ok my no.6 leg is canted left and the no3 leg opposite is canted right, maybe the vector is designed to help yaw movement or stability as the left side pushes left and right pushes right, could also have an effect on ground effect proximity when approaching landing the site, I am an aerodynamicist so I might be looking for something that is not really there just bad build quality but for the price I hope not.

R
2016-8-15
Use props
Lucien
lvl.3
France

Hi ricci2,

Thank you for your help,  will check this evening at arms number 6 and 3 in particular.
I will take better pictures of all the arms with the right names.

The first link I gave is really arm no1, but the second link is in fact arm no6.

I hope it's not bad build quality too but I can't help wondering if it's normal or not, I don't want to crash my Matrice 600 at first flight !

I'll come back to you !
2016-8-15
Use props
skyguide
lvl.2

Switzerland

Lucien Posted at 2016-8-16 06:15
Hi ricci2,

Thank you for your help,  will check this evening at arms number 6 and 3 in particular.  ...

Hey Lucien

Don't worry about this. I think this is normal as three of the six arms are a bit inclined to the right and the three others to the left. Always alternately.

Don't know why DJI don't mention it in the manual... I was confused too but my dealer said it's fine.

Mine flies perfect
2016-8-16
Use props
Lucien
lvl.3
France

skyguide Posted at 2016-8-16 18:35
Hey Lucien

Don't worry about this. I think this is normal as three of the six arms are a bit incl ...

Hi skyguide !

Thank you so much for you answer !

It was a little bit weird at the beginning, I was not expecting that, but it's very comforting.

It's very comfortable to know that the community is here to help

My first flight with this Matrice 600 should be this week end so I hope everything will be okay
2016-8-16
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

As A precaution you should film as much of the flight as possible just as insurance,  I am sure the craft will be immaculately behaved.
have fun

r
2016-8-17
Use props
Lucien
lvl.3
France

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-17 23:17
As A precaution you should film as much of the flight as possible just as insurance,  I am sure the  ...

Yeah I was thinking about doing that !

I think I will indeed record most of my flights with the Matrice 600, just to be sure.

Thank you ricci2 !
2016-8-18
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

your profile said you were in France, if so what part, I am near Toulouse.
2016-8-18
Use props
Lucien
lvl.3
France

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-18 19:29
your profile said you were in France, if so what part, I am near Toulouse.

Hey ricci2 !

I'm living in the Parisian suburb of Rueil Malmaison

Not very practical for drone flights ^^
2016-8-18
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2120541 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Same on my M600 from factory.... I had to adjust all six arms more or less...
The arms has to be perfectly level to the center plate to get the M600 to perform as it should (same thing on all multirotors).
If not perfectly level they will induce a spinning force on the copter that the autopilot would try to correct. Not Very Good!

2016-8-18
Use props
piymamen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

Hi.
can someone explain this DJI ??
because the arms come from the factory with this inclination ?
what happens if they get leveled arms ?
Thank you
2016-9-17
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I think its by design because the clockwise props have a right hand leaning forward and down direction as viewed from the motor end and counter clockwise are left leaning and down to the left. It an anti torque mechanism to counter the turning moment on the arm. The motors generate a large amount of rotational thrust (force) as well as a downward force on a lightweight tube so there will be twisting, so the angle offset will effectively negate the torque moment under normal dynamic flight conditions, its called Gyroscopic Precession. There are two rotational forces causing a torque vector in two axises and without a counter force the torque would twist the arm causing a directional change in the propellors thrust vector. we use the similar principal when designing high downforce wings by prestressing them in the opposite direction. conversely if the drilling rig was out by 2º then all the arms on the left of the craft would be opposite the to the right and they are not they are opposite to the opposing arm.. So it looks like DJI have been using science (physics ) to create this craft, very applaudable because if you can keep the forces pointing in a stable direction the craft will be easier to tune.
  Heres a link to show in a visual form of Gyroscopic Precession if anybody's interested...

r
2016-9-17
Use props
piymamen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

Thanks so much for the explanation.
as we know losgrados exasactos incline to adjust the inclination perfectly ?
I had a small hit with my m600 four broken propeller and engine bearings with bad sound.
I rebuilt my aircraft but I need sber like putting that engine with perfect tilt .
thank you very much
sorry for my English translator google
2016-9-18
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Was there ever an official reply from DJI as to whether these should be canted or level?! If canted, how much and how do you measure?
2016-10-6
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hello Shawn,
just seen your question, I have two running spares and they are predrilled so the angle is set in the factory if there is one, just measured mine and due to the leg shady mounting the level was not perfect but flipped the digital protractor and deducted the difference, the consensus was 2º plus or minus 0.15º. There is a cad drawing on the M600 download page but looking at it now I would say its just a cad overview with no detail dimension. it does show the arm @7º but not the twist of the motor....I will investigate the drawing further.

r
2016-10-6
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Ricci. You've got some great details and explanations.

Still looking for an answer from DJI for the maintenance program I'm writing. Thanks

DJI DJI DJI?
2016-11-8
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
United States

DJI?
Crickets....
2016-11-16
Use props
nil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

Matrice 600 arm alignment
2017-1-10
Use props
nil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

The arms have an 8°lean angle and 3°tilt angle. It is written under specifications in the link in previous post.

My frontarms are tilted outward/away from each other. The side arms are tilted forward. The aft arms are tilted toward each other.

2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules