Not enough power Phantom 2 with Gimble and FPV
619 7 2016-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kabbott622
New

I just bought a phantom 2 off of a local classifieds. It came with the Zenmuse gimble and an FPV setup. When I fly the drone without the gimble and FPV system, it flies just fine and I have no issues. But, when I hook everything up, it seems like it doesn't have enough power. It will take off and stop at about 50ft, and then slowly just come down and eventually just land but it's nothing like a auto landing. All this happens while I am pushing up on the throttle. I've talked to the guy that I bought it from and he never used it much and never had hooked up the FPV himself. I am up to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
2016-8-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you are using a GoPro, do you have its WiFi enabled? If so, please turn it off as it is causing signal interference to the RC. To clarify, could you provide a list of your set up?
2016-8-14
Use props
kabbott622
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-15 04:16
If you are using a GoPro, do you have its WiFi enabled? If so, please turn it off as it is causing s ...

Liston equipment:
Zen muse 3D Gimble
Boscam RC832 5.8G AV Receiver
5.8GHz 600mW A/V Tx Immersion RC Transmitter

And as long as the Wifi mode doesn't automatically turn on, it shouldn't be on.
2016-8-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kabbott622@gmai Posted at 2016-8-15 05:26
Liston equipment:
Zen muse 3D Gimble
Boscam RC832 5.8G AV Receiver

is the gimbal for a Hero 4 or a Hero 3 camera? What kind of GoPro are you using? Do you see any error messages in the Phantom Assistant Software? What kind of LED status lights are you receiving prior and after take off?
2016-8-15
Use props
kabbott622
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-15 23:47
is the gimbal for a Hero 4 or a Hero 3 camera? What kind of GoPro are you using? Do you see any err ...

I don't know which GoPro the gimble is for... I'm using a Hero 4.  I'm afraid I don't know what the Phantom Assistant Software is... And I'm getting a blinking green after doing the calibration.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kabbott622@gmai Posted at 2016-8-16 09:42
I don't know which GoPro the gimble is for... I'm using a Hero 4.  I'm afraid I don't know what th ...

When you look at the back of the gimbal, it will either have H3-3D for the Hero3 camera or H4-3D for the Hero4. If you are using the H3-3D, there is a chance that the WiFi button is being turned on by accident. The Assistant Software is used to calibrate, update and overall maintain optimal performance of the aircraft. Can you clarify whether you use a MAC or PC?
2016-8-16
Use props
kabbott622
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 00:33
When you look at the back of the gimbal, it will either have H3-3D for the Hero3 camera or H4-3D f ...

Ok I'll look at the gimble.  I'm guessing its a gimble for the Hero 3.  I am using a MAC
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kabbott622@gmai Posted at 2016-8-20 07:16
Ok I'll look at the gimble.  I'm guessing its a gimble for the Hero 3.  I am using a MAC

You will want to download the MAC version of the Phantom 2 Assistant Software via the downloads section of the DJI Website:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/info#downloads

Please ensure that your computer is running a 10.9 operating system or newer in order to fun properly. Once that is downloaded, you would plug in the aircraft to check for any error messages or firmware updates that would be needed to resolve the issue. You would also want to perform a RC calibration in the Basic > RC section of the software and an IMU calibration via the Tools section as well.

Please let me know if there any changes.
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules