Invalid SD card issue?
1599 5 2016-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

While I was out shooting the video from my previous post I had my shoot come to an abrupt end when I got an "Invalid SD Card" error message. I'd done 2 fairly long clips back to back (approx 5 min each) and it was a warm but not hot night out (26ºC/79ºF) so I'm not sure if it was an overheating issue or not. Before I'd gotten the error message I'd shut the camera off with the intent of trying out a locked gimbal timelapse which I'd read about on the forum and seemed to be OK'd by DJI. Once I'd gotten my camera on the tripod I powered up and aside from the "Unlock Gimbal" message I got the invalid SD card message as well.

After this I tried powering down and waiting a bit, powered on and still had the message so I powered off. Next I took out the SD card and powered back on, waited to get fully into the camera mode then powered down again hoping that this might clear the issue. After powering down and putting the card back in and powering up I still got the invalid SD card message.

Once I got home I expected to plug the card into my laptop and find it was corrupted, however the laptop read it fine and there were no popups from windows saying the drive had issues and would I like to fix them, it simply read it fine. Once I'd dumped my footage I put it back in the OSMO and it too recognized it without any issues.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the cause? Are there any sure-fire fixes when out in the field? This issue is just another reason on a growing list of why I can't consider using this for anything important, whether it be personal or business work.
2016-8-15
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, sometimes this dose happen, it's a good idea to take extra SD cards with you.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, sorry about the experience. Will the issue show up again if you shoot another 10 minute video with it?

I'm not sure whether it's the sd card or the Osmo acting up (probably Osmo).  Keep an eye on it and see if it happens again
2016-8-15
Use props
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-16 00:39
Hi, sorry about the experience. Will the issue show up again if you shoot another 10 minute video wi ...

I haven't had any time to repeat this but when I do I'll post back with the results of whether or not it happened again.
2016-8-18
Use props
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

OK so I experienced this issue again basically as soon as I powered up the OSMO. I powered down and back up and it was fine, shot a spherical pano and powered down. Later I was trying out the 360 OSMO app and in the middle had to power down/up and had it happen again. I powered down and let the camera cool off, powered up and it worked fine again.

Is this a known issue? If so I'm not sure I can keep this camera as much as I would love to.

Extra info: Card is a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10, purchased through a reputable company so it's genuine.
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jphphotography@ Posted at 2016-8-21 23:09
OK so I experienced this issue again basically as soon as I powered up the OSMO. I powered down and  ...

Sorry to hear that, it seems the sd card reader of the Osmo causing the trouble. I suggest you send an email to support.us@dji.com and send it in. Thank you.
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules