Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick question about GEO / No Fly Zones
1094 7 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneAlps
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2043307 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,

There is a LOT of information floating around various forums about GEO and it's all quite confusing.

- If I do not update/install the GEO app/firmware, am I limited to where I can fly?
- How can I fly in a no-fly zone if I have permission, do I need to have the GEO app/firmware?
- Why do these two maps show different restrictions?
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you do not update, you will be left to the NFZ limitations that are on that firmware/app combination. To properly unlock a No Fly Zone, you would need to have the latest firmware and software on your craft and mobile device. In additon, you would need to contact the FlySafe Team showing the necessary permissions to complete the unlocking process. You can find out more information from Geo System site that you provided.

The map in the Geo System section is the most current. The map in the FlySafe section is outdated, but that will be corrected soon.
2016-8-16
Use props
DroneAlps
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-16 20:16
If you do not update, you will be left to the NFZ limitations that are on that firmware/app combinat ...

Thanks for the reply. When you say "most current" do you mean it is exactly the same as what the aircraft uses to decide?
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DroneAlps Posted at 2016-8-17 05:04
Thanks for the reply. When you say "most current" do you mean it is exactly the same as what the a ...

The NFZ map in the GeoSystem section is the one that would be active with the most recent firmware and software. If you are using older firmware and software on your aircraft and mobile device, then there can be a difference in what is active on your set up.
2016-8-16
Use props
fans1d99dad5
New

Germany

Hello Boys and Girls,
I want to point out my expiriences with the new no fly zones in Germany.
I am a professional Cameraman and i use the inpire only for work of course with local permissions.
Normally i get a permission, if i have the general ascending permission for the state in germany in 1 or 2 days.
When you want to use the inspire for ascending in the red zones you need of course the local permission to ascend.
But unfortunately this is not enough, you have to write to DJI and with the right permission, they send you a beta version from the app, where you can choose
to unlock the red zone at every start.
Without that your inspire will not fly!!!!!!!!!!!
That is not mentioned clearly in the description.
The time you need to get this unlock code could be several weeks!!!!!
I got my first response from DJI after 4 Days.
So if you are planning to ascend at a no fly zone you need very much time and you have to install a beta version from thew dji go app.
So it will need several weeks for organising or the elction of another product.
regards
stefan
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1d99dad5 Posted at 2016-11-8 18:22
Hello Boys and Girls,
I want to point out my expiriences with the new no fly zones in Germany.
I am  ...

I responded to you exact post in another thread.
2016-11-8
Use props
DroneAlps
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 22:50
I responded to you exact post in another thread.

and, what did you say..........?
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneAlps Posted at 2016-11-9 06:08
and, what did you say..........?

Basically gave a link
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock