DJI: Will you ever offer a camera upgrade for the P4?
1306 7 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a handful of flights in on the P4, and it's a nice little bump from the P3 overall, but my one question for DJI, seeing as they sell a complete camera/gimbal replacement assembly, is will there ever be an upgraded camera option?

given the added flight time, seems an extra bit of payload is possible. if not one of the zenmuse cameras, i'm curious if DJI has looked into using 1" sensors

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P4 is not really designed for customer repair, i don't believe there will lever be an upgrade camera for the P4.  If there was ever a camera enhancement it would probably be on a totally new aircraft.
2016-8-16
Use props
wayland
lvl.1
United States

Hi.  Is there a way to lower the video compression on the Phantom 4?   

Thanks!
Wayland

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

wayland Posted at 2016-8-17 04:22

Thanks!

The compression rate unfortunately cannot be altered.
2016-8-16
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81132 ft

wayland Posted at 2016-8-17 04:22

Thanks!

This would be a really nice feature!
2016-8-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

wayland Posted at 2016-8-17 06:22

Thanks!

No, and the side effect is that if you did lower it, you would then have to buy a high spec SD card, or perhaps even a professional quality CFlash card to record the file. Then you would get people buying $10 cards on eBay and whining that they don't work.
2016-8-17
Use props
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-17 05:23
No, and the side effect is that if you did lower it, you would then have to buy a high spec SD car ...

that's some terrible reasoning right there. to not have a feature because a few idiots will use it wrong and complain? the entire concept of the drone is ripe with potentials for misuse, apply that same reasoning and we wouldn't have drones at all! that, and fast cards are now very inexpensive. they could easily bump the codec to 100mbit and most folks would be fine
2016-8-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

imdjay Posted at 2016-8-17 23:31
that's some terrible reasoning right there. to not have a feature because a few idiots will use it ...

My 'cynical' reasoning is a shot at the people who do not at present understand the complexities of the camera, let alone a more powerful version. Every day on this forum somneone comes along asking why the $6 El Cheapo SD card they bought on Amazon does not work, which illustrates my ppoint perfectly.

Yes, you could lower the compression to around 100 Mbs, but it would probably not be the quantum leap that most people would want.

At present, DJI have a flagship product in the Inspire, and doubt that they would undermine that product by making the Phantom series more powerrful. Their reasoning at present is that if you want a better camera system buy an Inspire.
2016-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules