DJI Inspire camera gimbal calibration issue
6171 14 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi
I am having this issue on start up with the gimbal/camera not calibration. This is happening whether connected to remote and/or mobile device.

Please see video.

Cheers!
http://youtu.be/sI7-NtsJwxw

2015-1-28
Use props
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I assume that no one else has had this issue. i have found another video on youtube f another guy with the same problem. I contacted DJI and I am pleased to say that they were very prompt to respond and have offered me a replacement camera/gimbal......without any questions. I did detail how it had come about......or not as the case is. needless to say, i have still to await an email to say that the new one has been dispatched. So I am not counting my chickens just yet. But the response has been satisfactory up to now.
The seller more or less accused me of dropping the unit, as in the say that this problem 'occurs from damage from dropping'. I was quite insulted by this approach. The only use I have had so far is to auto take off and land twice as I am taking things slowly with this expensive bit of kit. I have a Phantom 2 vision + also so I am not a complete newbie to operating and also only running OS X 0.9.2 I am wary of any malfunction.
2015-1-30
Use props
STREX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6660682 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi jamesmason1972,

I have pretty much the exact same issue and have contacted DJI about it. No response yet but hopefully I will hear something back early next week.

Please keep us posted with whether you receive your replacement camera/gimbal or not. Thanks.
2015-2-1
Use props
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

STREX Posted at 2015-2-1 21:04
Hi jamesmason1972,

I have pretty much the exact same issue and have contacted DJI about it. No resp ...

HI
I have had a response from DJI and have filled in a form for replacement. This should happen in the next few days.
2015-2-2
Use props
arttiboy
lvl.1

Thailand

http://youtu.be/fSvXyCwipwI

I also have this issue with gimbal camera. That always face at left.
2015-2-3
Use props
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

arttiboy Posted at 2015-2-3 17:21
http://youtu.be/fSvXyCwipwI

I also have this issue with gimbal camera. That always face at left.

At least it looks like it is calibrating normally. Within the IOS app there is a provision to adjust the gimbal roll. Not sure if this would help you. Have you installed new firmware? I can update my remote but not the craft.....as you put the updated file on the micro SD card and insert into the camera....on power up the firmware is automatically installed. I cannot even do this. There does seem to be a serious issue with my camera/gimbal itself.
DJI have been relatively prompt in sorting this. I sent them a video of my problem and they offered to replace with no arguments.......therefore I assume that this is a known issue. I have always been quite lucky with any 'toys' that I have purchased. I have a Ducati motorcycle which many have had problems with, but I have not.....I suppose it's just the luck of the draw........it doesn't help to throw a tantrum at the manufacturer. It is what it is and it all comes down to customer service as to how it is dealt with.
I hope it IS an issue with my camera and not the craft itself. If it is, I shall just demand a replacement. I'm fortunate to live in Hong Kong so being close to the factory might make the process a little less painful.
Keep us updated as to your progress or solutions as all helps if any others  have the misfortune to be in the same situation.
Good luck!
2015-2-3
Use props
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

STREX Posted at 2015-2-1 21:04
Hi jamesmason1972,

I have pretty much the exact same issue and have contacted DJI about it. No resp ...

Hi
Have you had any news regarding your issue? I am progressing slowly but surely......I have had to fill in a form and email back then I have to return my defective to their local office and in return they will despatch a replacement from factory in Shenzhen. i am lucky to live in Hong Kong so it should be delivered within a few days of despatch.
Fingers crossed that replacement will solve the problem.
2015-2-3
Use props
arttiboy
lvl.1

Thailand

jamesmason1972. Posted at 2015-2-3 20:01
At least it looks like it is calibrating normally. Within the IOS app there is a provision to adju ...

DJI also offered to replace the new one but still no response yet after few days. I may need to talk with the dealer here in Thailand to figure it out.
However I'm quite sure that problem is occured from the gimbal camera because I have tested with my friend's drone and that's show the same issue.
2015-2-4
Use props
shellru
New
Russia

http://youtu.be/nZmxeRSc9tQ   this my problem ????????
2015-2-5
Use props
arttiboy
lvl.1

Thailand

shellru Posted at 2015-2-5 21:31
http://youtu.be/nZmxeRSc9tQ   this my problem ????????

I also have problem like that too.
2015-2-5
Use props
BigBadFun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4353924 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Same issue but fixed.

Turned on the Inspire1 and the gimbal freaked out and wouldn't settle into normal position.  Did many Gimbal Calibrations in the app which didn't fix it.  Eventually it corrected itself after countless reboots, recalibrations and experimenting with the starting position of the gimbal before turning on the battery.

http://youtu.be/qgS5YNGqe40
2015-2-6
Use props
arttiboy
lvl.1

Thailand

BigBadFun Posted at 2015-2-7 08:48
Same issue but fixed.

Turned on the Inspire1 and the gimbal freaked out and wouldn't settle into no ...

That's the good news to hear that.  Please update for long term whether issue come back again.
2015-2-6
Use props
arttiboy
lvl.1

Thailand

I have fixed that gimbal problem no need to send it back to Shenzhen.
All you need to do is screw-driver and take your own risk.  unscrew both bolts and look inside the sensors of them was not in the position.
just try it.
2015-2-8
Use props
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

arttiboy Posted at 2015-2-8 16:44
I have fixed that gimbal problem no need to send it back to Shenzhen.
All you need to do is scr ...

Shame that I did not know this before. I have already returned my gimbal to DJI. Typically, there is NO stock so I have not received a new one yet with no definite delivery date. :-(
2015-2-10
Use props
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Received my new camera from DJI. Problem sorted.  Just having trouble updating firmware.

All in all I was very happy with the customer service from DJI. Took a couple of weeks and was firmly on the case everyday.

Case closed for the time being!
2015-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules