DJI OEM Battery (or not)??
1994 13 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

To the DJI folks....

Did DJI change the label at all on Phantom batteries?  Just picked one up from Amazon (sold and shipped by), but looks a liitle different.  Label has more Chinese information (on the sides as well) on it.  Serial in the app matched bottom tag .. box looked completely DJI ...  App shows as brand new..  Just looking for some verification..

Two Battery Labels..

Opposite Side

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide the serial number, which would be at the bottom of the battery?
2016-8-16
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe they changed them to include both languages on the batteries.
2016-8-16
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 06:41
Could you please provide the serial number, which would be at the bottom of the battery?

Jamie...  Shows up as well in the App...  0 Recharges (which would be right for a new battery) .. Thanks  .. Casings are identical (despite not looking like it in one pic).

2016-8-16
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 06:41

Jamie...  Did you get a chance to run the serial #?  Thanks...
2016-8-17
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Jamie (or one of the other DJI folks)..   Can you provide an answer.  I'm seeing other people selling DJI branded batteries (or saying they're DJI) with the same "changed" label I have in the second picture..  Just want to make sure the one I got is a real DJI battery.   Can any forum member confirm if they've gotten a battery recently with a label that looks like the second image one I posted?  Again all seems in order, just wanted to check..  Thanks!!
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-19 02:13
Jamie (or one of the other DJI folks)..   Can you provide an answer.  I'm seeing other people sellin ...

Yes, you have a real DJI battery. for the DJI aircraft from P3 on a non DJI battery will not work and the app will let you know that it cannot take off due to a non DJI battery.
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-18 19:13
Jamie (or one of the other DJI folks)..   Can you provide an answer.  I'm seeing other people sellin ...

I have just got ( 2 days ago) a dji phantom 3 battery from jessops (similar to your b+H photo shops) who is a reputable trustworthy retailer in the uk, no problem charging the battery,the green leds are the same brightness as on my original battery that came with my p3p,updated the battery firmware with no issues.

The ac and rc recognise the battery , able to go into app and look at charge level/cycles etc just with any normal dji battery.There is chinese writing on this battery but NOT on my original battery that came with my p3p.

I am presumming my p3p has been sitting in a warehouse for some time before being shipped to me and dji have since changed the labeling on the batteries, hence why the original battery does not have any chinese writing on, or the batteries were intended for the chinese market but shipped to uk/europe.

Im unable to post pics but I am happy to email the pics of the battery f you want them for reference ?

PM me your email address if you want the pics,

Kind Regards

2016-8-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-19 02:19
Yes, you have a real DJI battery. for the DJI aircraft from P3 on a non DJI battery will not work  ...

Ken,

Thanks.. Suspected it was (or the aircraft and app would balk) but just seeing the different labels made me want to make sure..  That and I never underestimate people's ability to jail break your code and copy it to another chip these days. Folks are getting far too sophisticated in producing copies/clones...  Again thanks..

2016-8-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-19 02:37
I have just got ( 2 days ago) a dji phantom 3 battery from jessops (similar to your b+H photo sho ...

TechReviews..

Thanks for jumping in, but glad to see DJI-Ken confirmed it to be a genuine DJI product.  Guess the labels had just changed..  :-)

Thanks again..
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-18 20:56
TechReviews..

Thanks for jumping in, but glad to see DJI-Ken confirmed it to be a genuine DJI pro ...

no probs bud your welcome
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-19 03:55
Ken,

Thanks.. Suspected it was (or the aircraft and app would balk) but just seeing the different ...

No problem, there's so much data communication between the aircraft and battery so it's very important that people use a DJI OEM battery. Now there's nothing to worry about since several months ago they made it so non DJI batteries will not work.
2016-8-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-19 04:20
No problem, there's so much data communication between the aircraft and battery so it's very impor ...

Thanks again Ken...  I know they can be expensive, but as a photographer, I never really understood the reasoning behind buying batteries (especially in this day when they do communicate) that are 3rd party and likely not all they claim to be (although there are some good clones out there).. point is you buy a $2000 DSLR body and you're looking to save maybe $30 to $40 by going with a 3rd party knock off battery ??
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-19 07:18
Thanks again Ken...  I know they can be expensive, but as a photographer, I never really understoo ...

That is true, especially with an aircraft, some weird communication issue with a non DJI battery and it could cause a crash.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules