Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Future Bit rate
869 2 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dupsta
New

United States

Just to confirm, does the X5 only do 60Mbs bit rate?  From everything I have read, I believe it does.
I just worked with the X5R, I am not going to buy one as the X5R is expensive and still has some workflow kinks to iron out for the price. But it has an amazing data rate and great latitude.  But is there anything in the middle you can suggest?

60Mbs --> Phantom 4 and X5?
1.8-2.2 Gbs --->X5R

Anyone know if there is something in the middle here.  Better than 60mbs but not as expensive as the 1.8Gbs X5R?    I believe SD cards are capable of handling more than 60mbs.

DJI, I would guess folks are not demanding more resolution, bit instead requesting better compression at this time.  Thanks for the 4k, but lets now look into better data rates to utilize today's SD card capabilities.
Thanks!

2016-8-16
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Long story short the answer is no.

Your options are to go with a Panasonic / Sony or other camera on either the larger scale DJI hex/octo rigs or look to other manufacturers.
The matter of increased bitrate is a hot topic of speculation with the much rumoured Inspire replacement.

2016-8-16
Use props
mhodnekv
Flight distance : 391158 ft
Norway

Does anyone know if P4 or X5 have hw that is capable of more than 60Mbs?
I have a P4 and have a hope that it's upgradable by new firmwate...;-)

The best thing to do still is to use the correct ND filter so you get the right motion blur. A correctly blurred video doesn't need to use bitrate on unnessesarry details, and the overall picture will come out much nicer :-)
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules