Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Orientation not working correctly.
981 7 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alan
lvl.3

United States

I upgraded my Inspire's firmware about a week ago and now when it is in GPS Opti or ATTI mode the automatic orientation is not working. It now flies in the direction the copter is facing: foward, back, right, left if I rotate the copter instead of not caring about the rotational orientation of the machine. If I set it to F mode and choose Home Lock or Course Lock, the automatic orientation works as it should. I can't see how I have anything set wrong. Is there something I am missing? Is this a firmware bug?

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Alan, course lock is only available in F-mode.
2016-8-17
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-17 05:19
Hello Alan, course lock is only available in F-mode.

Yes of course I understand that.

But what I don't understand is why the orientation is now working differently than it was before.  In GPS-Opti mode if I rotate the copter while flying forward, the copter will now fly in a circle rather than simply change orientation while maintaining its direction. And yes I have a lot of experience flying manually and use that mode for goggle FPV flying with other machines.

When in GPS-Opti and ATTI mode, are you saying that it no longer understands a direction irrespective of the rotation of the copter?  I can only do this in F mode now and have to select Course or Home lock before every flight. Is that how it is supposed to be? Sounds crazy and incorrect. If true countless Phantom and Inspire users would be confused or in trouble by now.

There was a time when F mode was not even available and you could rotate the copter while you continue flying in a straight line.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2016-8-18 00:38
Yes of course I understand that.

But what I don't understand is why the orientation is now workin ...

Alan, if you fly forward and yaw left or right the aircraft should be making a circle and headed back towards you.
If you provide your GO app login email and star that flight as a favorite I can look at the flight to see if I see anything unusual in the data.
If you do, make sure to sync your flight records.
2016-8-17
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-17 17:13
Alan, if you fly forward and yaw left or right the aircraft should be making a circle and headed b ...

Yes that is what it is doing NOW!... but it did not used to do that. It used to be in Course Lock or Home Lock when in GPS-Opti Mode before F-Mode was even functioning. I flew hundereds of times that way and didn't have to worry about the copter's orientation.  Yesterday was the first time it flew this way for me. (After the recent upgrade.)

There was an upgrade last year that enabled the F mode settings of Course Lock, Home, Lock, Point to Point, POI.

Keep in mind that I live inside the Washington DC flight restricted zone and have to drive about 15 miles each way to test these features.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2016-8-18 05:18
Yes that is what it is doing NOW!... but it did not used to do that. It used to be in Course Lock o ...

Can you save a flight as a favorite and I will check back lather this evening.
2016-8-17
Use props
sthuemmel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2016-8-17 17:18
Yes that is what it is doing NOW!... but it did not used to do that. It used to be in Course Lock o ...

Alan,
You and I must be neighbors....  Which way do you drive to get out of the NFZ?  I go north.

steve t
2016-8-17
Use props
wyn100
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-8-18 06:23
Alan,
You and I must be neighbors....  Which way do you drive to get out of the NFZ?  I go north.

I have the I-1,  bought last year.

All but the last update has been done.  On my system,  Home Lock and Course Lock have only ever worked while in F Mode.

Just my 2 cents

Randy

2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules