Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
(It happens again) 5 second Delay live view (Phantom 3 advance)h...
12Next >
5794 52 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denkurtiger
Flight distance : 446417 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

11 september 2016 updateIt happened again

hey guys. i am the topic started of these thread.
it happened again every few flights. (3 or 4 flight)

so i need to plug and unplug my cables like 3 times in a week.

these is such a waste of time

any idea how to permanently fix these issue.

https://youtu.be/tAJDEvw18yw

guys.i am Denny from indonesia
i had problem with my dji phantom 3 advance. been using my phantom 3 advance for 3 months. never crash or hard landing before
the problem started 5 days ago until now.

the live feed dellayed up to 5 second.

ive tried to change into other smarphone and tablet devices and its wont solve the problem.

i also tried the same devices into my dji inspire 1 v2... its not happening on my inspire. the live feed are perfectly smooth on dji inspire

so i believe the problem came from the phantom 3 advance or the remote controler

i ve tried downgrading 1 step to the previous firmwire and still the same

any clue for solving my problem? thanks guys

201813i1r62llg17grrod8.jpg
2016-8-17
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Disconnecting and then reconnecting the two cables to the gimbal has resolved this issue for me and a few other here. Would be interested to hear if it works for you too.
2016-8-17
Use props
denkurtiger
  • >>>
Indonesia

Dear sir drawswithlght. Thank you for your reply. I would Love to try your method once i got home From work

I need 1 more favour From u. Could u show me the exact picture of the cabke.

Thanks sir
2016-8-17
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
United Kingdom

denkurtiger Posted at 2016-8-17 14:14
Dear sir drawswithlght. Thank you for your reply. I would Love to try your method once i got home Fr ...

I haven't got my P3 here to photograph but it should be obvious where the cables are when you look for them which need disconnecting
2016-8-17
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
United Kingdom

denkurtiger Posted at 2016-8-17 14:14
Dear sir drawswithlght. Thank you for your reply. I would Love to try your method once i got home Fr ...

I haven't got my P3 here to photograph but it should be obvious where the cables are when you look for them
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Danny, I'd suggest you to relink the drone and RC. If it is convenient, please try in an open area.
2016-8-17
Use props
denkurtiger
  • >>>
Indonesia

Here is the 5 second dellay
1471522720141625965223.jpg
2016-8-18
Use props
denkurtiger
  • >>>
Indonesia

2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United States

HI

So as Drawswithlight has mentioned about taking out the gimbal cables then reconnecting, the 2 gimble cables are situated( with the camera facing you) on the right side and the front in between the aircraft body and the gimbal itself.

other options -

reinstall with latest dji go app,check latest firmware, and as dji-paladin has suggested relink the aircraft and rc.

Its also worth mentioning that myself and many others have experienced issues with the latest firmware update 1.9.60 with video transmission lag/ signal loss/aircraft disconnecting with latest dji go app/latest rc firmware which i think is 1.6.

although the solution mentioned by Drawswithlight above did fix this issue for him and others it did not for me, the solution i found to work and so did many others was to downgrade the firmware to 1.8.80 while still keeping the latest go app/rc fw versions.

hope this helps

Kind Regards
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-18 14:04
HI

So as Drawswithlight has mentioned about taking out the gimbal cables then reconnecting, the ...

Good advice TechReviews.

It is unsettling though how we are all fixing these problems with different solution.

Even more unsettling is that I was told by a DJI support person today not to downgrade to 1.8.80 as it wont work....????

Online Chat

Online Chat
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

This is a good way of showing the problem denkurtiger, I wish I had though of it!!

Have you tried disconnecting the two gimbal cables and re-connecting?  Not sure why this worked but it did for me!!

Stu
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-18 09:13
Good advice TechReviews.

It is unsettling though how we are all fixing these problems with differ ...

hi Homestead72,

Yes i fully agree its so laughable but yet very concerning as it seems they is no 1 fix for these issues,hit and miss as to which solution works to each pilot. Also what is so worrying is that you have spoken to a dji rep who has stated that you are unable to roll back to 1.8.80 from 1.9.60 which is total rubbish as i have,other have and even Dji-ken,Dji-paladin have advised users to do exactly that !!! DJI have made it this way for exactly that reason - If there is issues with new fw updates users are able to roll back to previous version.

Also with Dji stating that downgrading to 1.8.80 will not work(even though it has for me and others on this forum) is admitting they are fully aware of the issues with 1.9.60 and i've been told that dji are in beta stages of the next fw update to solve these issues.
2016-8-18
Use props
denkurtiger
  • >>>
Indonesia

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-18 20:21
This is a good way of showing the problem denkurtiger, I wish I had though of it!!

Have you tried ...

Hey sir

I am afraid i could not unattached the cable without a video tutorials. Is there any vid tutorial on YouTube

Appreciate it sir. Thanks
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

denkurtiger Posted at 2016-8-18 15:26
Hey sir

I am afraid i could not unattached the cable without a video tutorials. Is there any vid  ...

I can't find an instruction video, but I just took a small flat blade screwdriver and eased them out and then pushed them back in.

I've just taken mine for the test flight and it is fine now.

Stu
2016-8-18
Use props
denkurtiger
  • >>>
Indonesia

wow. just tried to un attached and re attached the cable. its works.. thanks for the help
2016-8-18
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
United Kingdom

denkurtiger Posted at 2016-8-18 17:27
wow. just tried to un attached and re attached the cable. its works.. thanks for the help

Boom! (as the kidz say)
2016-8-18
Use props
denkurtiger
  • >>>
Indonesia

i cant believe, it works

it doesnt make any sense. the logic is not there.

but again, it works...

2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Would be great to get a comment from DJI as to why this actually works....

Glad you are sorted now.

Stu
2016-8-18
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

Why did it work?  Pretty simple actually.

Connectors are not perfect.  They are prone to corrosion from moisture.
Apparently, a small amount of corrosion set up in the connector.   That created a high resistance to the signal that was trying to cross the connector from the camera to the mainboard and vice versa.
Disconnecting and reconnecting the connector interrupts the non conductive points and allows the signal current to flow across the connector at full bandwidth (or closer to it than before).  It's like stepping on a garden hose.   Unkink (or step off) it and the water can flow freely again.
2016-8-18
Use props
grizzbiz15
Second Officer
Flight distance : 184 ft

This might be a dumb question, but everything is turned off during the unplugging and replugging of the cables right? I am having this problem too and just want to make sure before attempting this.
2016-8-19
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Is this a possible fix for the P4 video issues as well?
2016-8-19
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
United Kingdom

grizzbiz15 Posted at 2016-8-19 13:47
This might be a dumb question, but everything is turned off during the unplugging and replugging of  ...

I did mine whilst everything was turned off
2016-8-19
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

grizzbiz15 Posted at 2016-8-19 13:47
This might be a dumb question, but everything is turned off during the unplugging and replugging of  ...

Yep. Turn everything off and then re seat them.  I think I forgot to take my battery out (but it was still off) but it didn't seem to matter.
2016-8-19
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-8-18 23:50

Connectors are not perfect.  They are prone to corrosion  ...

Yes I get that, but it seems too much of coincidence that more than a handful of us are having this problem at the same time (post the last firmware update).  Could it be possible that the last FW update made the need for a better gimbal/craft connection greater?  
2016-8-19
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-19 14:26
Yes I get that, but it seems too much of coincidence that more than a handful of us are having this ...

I initially put the issue down to a Firmware update, that's the obvious thing to blame isn't it! When I tracked back to when I did the update and when I started experiencing the problem the two things weren't coincidental.
2016-8-19
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-8-18 23:50

Connectors are not perfect.  They are prone to corrosion  ...

although agree with what your saying in some sense but as i had this issue after upgrading straight out of the box my brand new p3 pro it does not apply to myself. Its more down to the firmware than anything else,as they is not one answer to this problem, some do the cable reconnecting,some do what i did and downgrade firmware, etc.

How many of us have reported these issues of video transmission lag/signal loss etc only after upgrading the fw to 1.9.60 ? there's quite a few of us,posts all over the forum regarding these issues wit 1.9.60 fw
thanks
2016-8-19
Use props
grizzbiz15
Second Officer

Damn if it didn't work! Took the gimbal off, unplugged and then re-plugged the 2 cables that connected the bird and the gimble, and then reattached the gimbal. Fired everything up and viola, no more video lag! Thanks to all the people that figured THIS one out!
2016-8-21
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

grizzbiz15 Posted at 2016-8-21 21:17
Damn if it didn't work! Took the gimbal off, unplugged and then re-plugged the 2 cables that connect ...

Glad it worked for you as well.  Was it easy to remove the gimbal?  I re-plugged without detaching but it was a fiddly job.  Would be easier if I knew how to detach the gimbal first.

Stu
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

denkurtiger Posted at 2016-8-19 00:27

Glad you got it sorted out and it was just a loose cable. By the way, you can downgrade to 1.8 and could have seen if that was the issue.
2016-8-21
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-19 21:26
Yes I get that, but it seems too much of coincidence that more than a handful of us are having this ...

Very probable that the last FW update increased the [bandwidth] requirements of the gimbal cables. Reseating the connectors could definitely help.

If you try this fix, you should consider wiping the connectors with Deoxit D100L. I learned about it on the Phantom forum. I've applied it to the battery connectors several times, but this might be another great use for it. It basically cleans/de-oxidizes the terminals.
Link to Deoxit on Amazon
2016-8-21
Use props
04red6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I bet there is some sort of power retention from the mainboard going into the gimbal/video transmitter. Unplugging everything causes the gimbal to reset. Maybe this is why it works after. Kind of like when you reset your home wifi router and modem, you unplug it and then hold the power button in to discharge the memory.
2016-8-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What do you mean it causes the gimbal to reset?  Describe what the reset looks like.
2016-8-21
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-21 23:34
Glad you got it sorted out and it was just a loose cable. By the way, you can downgrade to 1.8 and ...

Just to note, the cables were well seated before I disconnected/reconnected
2016-8-22
Use props
grizzbiz15
Second Officer

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-22 06:30
Glad it worked for you as well.  Was it easy to remove the gimbal?  I re-plugged without detaching ...

The gimbal wasn't that bad. There are some youtube videos on how to do it.I watched this one . It helped me get mine off and back on.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-22 17:16
Just to note, the cables were well seated before I disconnected/reconnected

Strange, something came loose then if unplugging/plugging it in resolved it.
2016-8-22
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-22 15:57
Strange, something came loose then if unplugging/plugging it in resolved it.

Nothing appeared to be loose, which is why I was so surprised when it solved the issue
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

grizzbiz15 Posted at 2016-8-22 20:03
The gimbal wasn't that bad. There are some youtube videos on how to do it.I watched this one https ...

You should edit your video. You should not reuse the pins, by pressing them all the way in has opened the hole more and that's why you can easily remove it, your camera has a much easier chance now of falling off.
There are two spare pins in the box, cut the pins off and discard them and use the two spares.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-22 22:58
Nothing appeared to be loose, which is why I was so surprised when it solved the issue

It's possible that the connector is bad. If it does it again then you will know.
2016-8-22
Use props
denkurtiger
  • >>>
Indonesia

hey guys. i am the topic starter of these thread.
it happened again every few flights. (3 or 4 flight)

so i need to plug and unplug my cables like 3 times in a week.

these is such a waste of time

any idea how to permanently fix these issue.
2016-9-10
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.3

United Kingdom

denkurtiger Posted at 2016-9-11 05:49
hey guys. i am the topic starter of these thread.
it happened again every few flights. (3 or 4 fligh ...

Hi Denny,

I posted on this thread a few weeks ago.

I too have had recurrence of the problem and had to unplug and plug in the cables to fix it again.  I am now thinking that this is not a physical problem with the connector (as I never had this problem before) and that it is something to do with the firmware.

The question is....am I brave enough to try and downgrade the firmware to the previous version?

By the way, how old is your Phantom 3?

Regards

Stu
2016-9-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules