Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying around Telecommunication Masts
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helipilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I need some advice. It looks like I will be asked in the coming months to do some inspection work on a variety of masts, TV, Telecommunicatio/Mobile Phone towers. It is, and always has been, my intention to buy a Matirce 600 for this and was thinking of ensuring it was fitted with perhaps Datalink Pro and D-RTK to try and help overcome the interference. Has anyone had any experience of this and could offer some advice. Am I barking up the wrong tree here with the Datalink etc? Any help would be gratefully received. Not sure where to post this so will try a few areas and trust that is allowed.

Thanks

2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The RTK would help reduce the magnetic interference that you would incur from the amount of metal, but it would have the same susceptibility to signal interference depending on the distance.
2016-8-17
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 22:05
The RTK would help reduce the magnetic interference that you would incur from the amount of metal, b ...

Thanks Jamie, I do understand what you're saying. So the RTK would help re the magnetic interference, can I add this without the datalink pro or do I need that as well? Basically really looking for a spec that I can then go to a local dealer and buy, so if you could help, that would be great. Cheers.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2016-8-18 15:58
Thanks Jamie, I do understand what you're saying. So the RTK would help re the magnetic interferen ...

You can install the RTK without the Datalink Pro, but the Datalink will communicate with the RTK to translate the data to something that can be read. Since the two come together, it would be good to have. If you want further information on the RTK and Datalink Pro, you can refer to the pages below. Their manuals are available as well:

http://www.dji.com/product/datalink-pro
http://www.dji.com/product/d-rtk
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules