Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sensitivity Settings
9248 5 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
algeplayer24
New

United States

Hello everyone!

I am wondering what you all have your sensitivity settings set to in order to get the best looking slow pans. I tend to shake a little, so the current settings make it a little tough for me to get a consistent pan due to how sensitive the copter is. Any suggestions? Been flying this Phantom for about a month, and I am in love with it! Thanks for the help!
2016-8-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha alge,

This was copied from another post by another contributor;

Smooth Pans - P3 & P4

Here are the settings I've found that give me the smoothest panning/yaw/rudder of the P3 &P4 aircraft and most controllable tilting of the camera, making steady cinematic shots much more attainable and controllable:

On the RC:
- Lengthen the sticks. This allows finer resolution of physical stick input.
- PRACTICE and go easy on the sticks/wheels.  No matter the app settings, if you are heavy-handed on the RC, it will show in the shot.

In the DJI GO app:

MC Tab (in "Advanced"):
- EXP: Normal: Throttle .4, Rudder .25, F/R .4 (this rudder EXP setting REALLY chills out the pans near center stick)
- EXP: Sport: Throttle .4, Rudder .35, F/R .4 (do whatever you want with Sport settings, personally I don't use this mode for "smooth" shots, more for fast high-energy shots)
- Sensitivity: Yaw Endpoint - 110 (this is a big one nobody talks about.  It limits the "throw" of your pan/yaw/rudder moves, decreasing overall pan speed and essentially increasing the resolution of your pan movements.  I have found that no matter how low I go on the rudder EXP setting, the Yaw Endpoint setting is the real key to chilling out the panning on the P3)

RC Tab:
- Gimbal Speed - 60 (personal taste, but I've found this setting to work well with the rest of the gimbal settings below)

Gimbal Tab:
- Gimbal Tilt EXP - 20 (allows finer resolution around the center detent of the gimbal wheel)
- Gimbal Tilt SmoothTrack - 22 (this is MAGIC and nobody talks about it, kinda like the Yaw Endpoint. SmoothTrack automatically smooths out the start and end of your gimbal wheel input.  It can seem really spongy at first, but once you start getting used to it, doing nice long sweeping tracking shots or horizon reveals, you'll never turn it off)
- Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow - OFF (this keeps the gimbal centered and lets the P3 aircraft do all the smooth panning work, that way you don't get the sudden camera jerk to the side when trying to do a smooth pan)

Just keep flying and keep testing...and don't forget that you can test a lot of these settings (especially the yaw settings) in the flight simulator.  The Yaw Endpoint is especially obvious in the simulator...just bring the simulated P3 close to you, hover, and try timing a 360º rotation with various Yaw Endpoint settings.

I hope this helps and I am sure the original contributor hopes this helps.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-17
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, look up "want buttery smooth P4 camera pans and tilts" in the forum search bar.
2016-8-17
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Opps posted same time as post #2
2016-8-17
Use props
algeplayer24
New

United States

Thanks everyone! I will let you know if this works!
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

algeplayer24@gm Posted at 2016-8-18 23:11
Thanks everyone! I will let you know if this works!

I think the post Cateman will really help you, especially the Expo.
In the gimbal settings, set up all 3 configurations differently and tweak each one then chose what you like the best for that flying style.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules