New Go Pro Hero 4 black
5762 18 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matzky
lvl.1

Germany

Hey everyone,

a few hours ago GO Pro released the new Go Pro Hero 4.
Sounds very interesting with new processor, better 4k , brilliant HD ...
Could be very interesting for a all new Phantom Vision 3 with Go Pro 4 and Gimbal.

best regards from Germany

2014-9-29
Use props
snewton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22198 ft
United Kingdom

Here's what some beta testers have been up to with an H3-3D: http://instagram.com/p/tiSe-ipu7G/

Looks like the gimbal might need a little warranty-busting carving to stop it fouling one of the new buttons? Also will it still work with the 1 gimbal that used the "hero port" rather than usb cable...?
2014-9-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

October 5th is the release date .
2014-9-29
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

United States

Is the Hero 4 smaller than the Hero 3?  It looks like it in pictures that I have seen (but all relative to the size of the users hand).
2014-10-1
Use props
cen3
New

United States

Just got one of these today from Best Buy and pulled my hero3+ black off and swapped it with the Hero4 Black and over my 5.8ghz video system i no longer get any video - just to make sure i swapped my Hero3+ back on there and it worked fine.

I tested the Hero4 and its recording fine (while in the gimbal) and there's no wireless turned on - i'm baffled as to why it doesn't work - anyone have any ideas?

the situation with the gimbal maybe hitting the button on the side COULD potentially be an issue however it wasn't making contact in a way that it was depressing the button to make the menus change - the camera seemed to work fine just wasn't getting any picture through my 5.8ghz video system - i tried several resolutions on the Hero4 as well.
2014-10-5
Use props
cen3
New

United States

Just got an email back from the folks @ DJI... - the official response was:

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
H3-3D is used for HERO3 and HERO3+
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding. "

So... this appears to be a #DJI.FAIL on this one - nice to know after spending $500+ on the new camera.

It's too bad there are a lot of uninformed people out there posting videos and in forums about how they work together just fine - aparently nobody bothered testing it first... go figure.

2014-10-5
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Wow, that sucks for you, maybe you can return the hero4?
2014-10-5
Use props
ElGuano
lvl.1

United States

cen3 Posted at 2014-10-6 11:18
Just got an email back from the folks @ DJI... - the official response was:

"Thank you for contacti ...

That's an extremely generic answer; I don't think DJI is saying anything substantive as to the actual compatibility. When I get my H4 in the first thing I'm going to do is see if I can mount it to the H3-3D, but as others have mentioned, it probably won't be a plug and play setup because of the larger "wifi/bookmark" button.
2014-10-6
Use props
cen3
New

United States

We've had several emails back and forth over the course of the last 24hrs.

the latest update is:

"HERO4 have different protocol with HERO 3+ .
So it would cost us time to make it available.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Best Regards "

* Currently - the button makes no difference - at least not while it's sitting on the ground - that COULD change maybe if it gets up in the air and starts bouncing around but i didn't go that far yet.
2014-10-6
Use props
cen3
New

United States

tmansonusa@msn. Posted at 2014-10-1 18:35
Is the Hero 4 smaller than the Hero 3?  It looks like it in pictures that I have seen (but all relat ...

its the exact same dimensions.
2014-10-6
Use props
cen3
New

United States

70challenger Posted at 2014-10-6 14:54
Wow, that sucks for you, maybe you can return the hero4?

doubtful but that's not the issue - i'll keep it and use for other stuff - it's just that i really want to get this P2 up in the air with 4k video - the only other alternative i can figure out is to go to Lightbridge setup but then i'll be in for another $2k between the Lightbiridge and a Futaba 14SG - which i'm not opposed to doing but then if I mine as well go all in and get the S900 setup and get better battery life and throw one of those GH4's on there - then i'm out another $10k between everything.... - gotta love technology
2014-10-6
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

I have spoken with Droneexperts.nl about the new GoPro HERO4Black.
Droneexperts.nl have a Quickrelease sollution so you can use P2V+ gimbal and camera, but also the Zenmuse with GoPro. And you can use the DJI Vision App and tilt the camera and have FPV even you add the GoPro.

i have asked them if they can test the new GoPro HERO4 black with their quick release solution and if the Tilt/FPV is also working.
The come back to me with the answer when they received the HERO4.

2014-10-6
Use props
destinrepaint
New

United States

did you turn on the a/v port. if not go the the setting and turn it on
2014-10-7
Use props
cen3
New

United States

destinrepaint@y Posted at 2014-10-8 07:24
did you turn on the a/v port. if not go the the setting and turn it on

there's no setting for this that I can see at least.
2014-10-9
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

cen3 Posted at 2014-10-7 00:13
doubtful but that's not the issue - i'll keep it and use for other stuff - it's just that i really ...

It was my understanding that the Hero 3 Black+ is capable of shooting at 4K......I've not done it with mine but I know how to set it
2014-10-9
Use props
cen3
New

United States

Dragonrider Posted at 2014-10-10 07:13
It was my understanding that the Hero 3 Black+ is capable of shooting at 4K......I've not done it  ...

4k at 15fps doesn't count.
2014-10-10
Use props
Droneasaurus
New

Canada

peteroudenes Posted at 2014-10-7 14:36
I have spoken with Droneexperts.nl about the new GoPro HERO4Black.
Droneexperts.nl have a Quickrele ...

Did you hear back about the Hero4 quickrelease?
2014-12-18
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

This may be of interest: http://youtu.be/SEpSDzRU-uw
2014-12-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The issue is not about the form factor.  It is the weight, 68g more than the 3+.  That is a lot to ask from a highly balanced unit.  
2014-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules