Vision App Feature Requests
1413 5 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

I'm very new to my P2V+ as well as this site.  So forgive me if these have already been requested.  I've put these in my personal priority order.

1. Orientation (Point Of Focus) in Ground Station
In other words, I want to:  Go to Waypoint 1 while maintaining orientation towards Focus Point 1.  Then go to Waypoint 2 while maintaining orientation towards Focus Point 1.  Then go to Waypoint 3 while maintaining orientation towards Focus Point 2.
So, for example, I could travel around the perimeter of the field while always capturing my son's soccer match.  It would make for beautiful video.

2. Splines for Paths
In other words, rather than creating Waypoints, I'd like to simply draw a path for the P2V+ to follow.  With the option to "smooth" any shaky splines.  Also with the option to combine with my above suggestion so that the camera is able to always face the direction I specify.

3. Orientation shown in the "RADAR."
In other words, currently, for some strange reason, the representation of the craft is always oriented the same.  It's simply not an accurate representation and would be EXTREMELY helpful for non-GPS flying especially.

4. Means to adjust other parameters that normally require the Assistant software.
In other words, there are several items that require the Assistant software that may be useful out in the world with the Vision app.  Simply being able to switch between Phantom and NAZA modes would be great to be able to do without a wired connection to a computer.  Also adjusting range limits, etc.

I don't know if these posts are actually read by DJI officials or not.  But I really hope somebody takes these into consideration.

Thanks!
2015-1-28
Use props
NachoKaoS
lvl.1

Spain

totally agree with you,Dji just have to put in the vision app that features,several ones was allready made it for theirs on the ground station app,just copy the features of ground station app to vision app.
i be thinking about say that for few days a option to make a circular path (as allready exist in the ground station app) but spiralizing the way points from down to top with the option to fit a fix distance betwen theirs alttitude like 15 way points around a bulding or church or and old tree focus on the center at 10m altitud betwen points and 15 m distance betwen points that cud be a huge tool to made incredible videos from few clics
2015-1-28
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I agree with all but the last one.  If you set up in NAZA you can fly in "Phantom Mode" by leaving the switch in GPS.

I would add, screen resolution.  Many people here are using iPads or 7" to 10" tablets.  The screen resolution is very poor on some of the larger screens.
2015-1-28
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-1-29 03:17
I agree with all but the last one.  If you set up in NAZA you can fly in "Phantom Mode" by leaving t ...

I was using flight mode as an example only.  And I see a use for it anyway, in cases where I want to fly in Naza mode, but I don't want my less-experienced brother to accidentally flip the switch from GPS.  But I'm not here to debate that.  My #1 priority is controlling the orientation between waypoints.  There's no reason for a 4-rotor copter to care which direction it's facing in order to travel.

Also I forgot something else I'd like to see:
Saving Waypoints, additionally being able to group them
In other words, I want to create a Valley Forge State Park "folder" and have all of my favorite Waypoints for that park saved in there.  Maybe I can even title them "Statue - Front View"  "Forts"  "Cannons".
2015-1-28
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Additional:

Would like to see the disabling of the screen timeout.

Thanks!
2015-2-3
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

iPad version and full Ground Station features including 2K range please.
2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules