What am I missing P3S won't fly
578 8 2016-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matt_jasper
lvl.1

United States

So haven't flown in several months. Get my P3S out, batteries charged up, calibrated compus and I get nothing. Home point won't manually set, all the left stick does is move the camera left and right a little bit. The camera tilts up and down normally. Then I did an IMU calibration since it had been setting for a few months then re-calibrated outside in an open area. Still does nothing after that. Have GPS signal with 8 satalites, green rear lights flashing, fronts are solid red.
2016-8-18
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

do you see it say, 'safe to fly'? 8 satellites seem low to me for being outside.
2016-8-18
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

if you say you have solid red lights, looks like you have some sort of a critical error according to the user manual.

https://s4.postimg.org/f89rrd15p/dji.png
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

sunny051488 Posted at 2016-8-19 05:38
if you say you have solid red lights, looks like you have some sort of a critical error according to ...

They said front solid RED, that's how it's supposed to be. The aircraft status LED diagram is for the status LED's which are the rear lights and the diagram is in the manual.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your doing the CSC to start arm the motors right?
What does the status bar across the top of the app say.
Does it say "Safe to Fly" ?
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

I'd suggest you to try it outside and use the auto take-off.
2016-8-18
Use props
matt_jasper
lvl.1

Yes it says safe to fly. Forgot to also ad I did do the latest update when first thing before trying to fly. Says safe to fly in green, 8 satallites, everything appears normal as it always has, when I do the CSC command to start the rotors and set the home point it does nothing.
2016-8-18
Use props
matt_jasper
lvl.1

United States

I didn't want to do auto takeoff with the left stick not working at all. What if it gets in the air and I cannot control the altitude and return to home didn't work since it's not setting a home point.
2016-8-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

matt_jasper Posted at 2016-8-19 16:10
I didn't want to do auto takeoff with the left stick not working at all. What if it gets in the air  ...

The left stick only controls the motors when on the ground, once in the air it yaws, or rotates the aircraft. From what you said in your opening post, it is working OK. There is also no reason to suspect the aircraft will not set a home point.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules