Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Lock Stupidly Tight??
874 4 2016-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigglyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Is there some method or technique for removing this thing, or am I actually supposed to yank and pull at the gimbal until pops off?

And why on Earth is there no instruction manual? I have all sorts of pamphlets and a "quick start guide" (What does this switch do...? 11.... "Switch S2" Yeah, thanks...0_o)

My "things in the box" says there should be a manual. I have no manual.

Anyway, the gimbal thing?

How are you supposed to get it off? The guy in the shop had it off, I managed to get it on, but how on Earth am I meant to get it off again? It's stuck like a limpet?

Is it supposed to be that tight? Am I supposed to file it down or something?

2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Hold on to the gimbal with one hand and with the other slide the lock off. And to install it correctly, fit the top slot into the grooves and push it in until it's tight. You can buy aftermarket ones for a few dollars that are easie to remove.

And form the home page of the GO app (when you open the app) the top right corner is an icon (graduation hat). That takes you to the Academy section where there is the full PDF manual, a bunch of tutorial videos, tips&tricks, and a flight simulator.On the top left of the home page is a paper airplane icon, that one takes you into your flight records that you cna play back.
2016-8-19
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.4
Malaysia

Aftermarket sounds like the way to go... preferably bright orange, to ensure I remember to take it off.

I'm playing with the simulator now. Is it normal for the camera to not move? I see it's moving on the aircraft anyway. Must say I don't understand why it's necessary to turn on the aircraft itself in order to use the simulator?

The simulator is cool - worth increasing the area and graphic details, maybe give us something to practice videoing and photographing.

Having the manual on the phone that I'm using to control the craft seems... I don't know how to say it politely, so I won't.

Thanks!
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-20 03:01
Aftermarket sounds like the way to go... preferably bright orange, to ensure I remember to take it o ...

No problem, I'm glad you found the other features and the app.
2016-8-19
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.4
Malaysia

I've seen the simulator being used on Youtube and they had hills and a much wider area. On mine it was just a small, flat patch of ground with a path and a landing pad.

How does one go about getting the larger flying area?

Thanks
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules