Some news about P3S firmware?
1551 12 2016-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rachet
lvl.1

Romania

Does anybody know if the P3S firmware is gonna be released in this life?
2016-8-19
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

don't know bro.. but you can try the beta versions.. everyone says that it fixed the short range signal lost lost issue.,.

see this..

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -07-0082-p3s.85478/
2016-8-19
Use props
knobbydave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-8-20 02:29
don't know bro.. but you can try the beta versions.. everyone says that it fixed the short range sig ...

I'm managing to hold off trying a Beta or another firmware mod

... its getting difficult though
2016-8-19
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Well I collected my P3S today...

The storekeep said he'd set everything up for me...

I had made a note to tell him to not update if it was on 1.5.7, but if there was a an update for 1.6.8 to go for it. He told me it was already on 1.6 something and there was an update so he did?

I don't know what version I have, all I know is my Go app said "latest" firmware.

We test flew it close to the shop, which has open ground but 3 story shops all around.

Test flight, first impressions:

First time we tried the RTH feature it didn't do anything. Nothing. He flew it back manually from around 60 meters away, turned it off, turned it on again and tried again, this time it worked..  (?)
Range - First attempt at moving away, it barely made 30 or 40 meters and the video signal was lost. "Let's try my phone" he immediately suggested, and with his phone it went right across the open ground, around 120 meters, without problem. When we tried again with my phone it seemed OK, though I was too nervous to take it far, and we tried the RTH thing again at around 90 meters - which worked.

And that's about all I can tell you really, as it was getting dark and I just paid the balance and we packed it back in the box.

That it lost visual so soon the first time, and that the RTH didn't work the first time, is disturbing. In fairness it all seemed OK after turning off and on again.

So I dunno, is there an update that fixes the problem? Have any of you tried seeing if there's anything newer than 1.6.8?
2016-8-19
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

yep there is something newer than 1.6.8

see this..

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -07-0082-p3s.85478/
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-20 03:37
Well I collected my P3S today...

The storekeep said he'd set everything up for me...

When you tried RTH  did you use it from the app or the transmitter switch? There is no reason why it should not work.
2016-8-19
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

He tried the switch on the remote, it didn't work, so he tried a button within the app, which also didn't work, so he flew it back manually.

I remember reading something about an 'H' symbol for the "Home point" and mentioned to him that there was no H on the map. He said "It knows the home point automatically when it gets GPS, you don't need to set a home point".

Not sure if that is right or not? All I know is it didn't work the first time, despite it showing green and 'Safe to fly' with GPS active. He said "It probably just needs rebooting after the update" and in fairness it did seem to work OK after switching off and back on again.

2016-8-19
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-19 23:29
He tried the switch on the remote, it didn't work, so he tried a button within the app, which also d ...

The first thing you should do before take off check is whether there is a home point set.
it is Very Important for the functioning RTH.
without homepoint recording, no RTH.
Do not take off without home point recorded.
because the Phantom do not know where to fly in case of RTH.
(Feel free to improve if this is not entirely true.)
2016-8-19
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

To be honest I'm pretty sure that IS what happened, I said to the guy twice that I didn't see any sign of it setting a 'home point'.

I was looking for an H but I just tried it today in my garden and noticed that while getting GPS lock it goes green "safe to fly" but it was AFTER that it said "Home point set".

So yes, it is possible to take off while it's green and "safe" but without a fixed point of reference to return to. In short, he should have waited a few seconds longer.

I could tell he didn't entirely know what he was doing because he adjusted the antenna to point straight towards the craft, which is quite the opposite of what you're meant to do.

Happy to say my first ever self-launched flight was a success! OK, I only went straight up, swiveled around and back down again, with some control-testing at 10 ft before ascending, but hey, it flew!

2016-8-19
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Question - if you don't happen to notice the message "Home Point Set", how do you tell if a home point has been set or not?

(and it would REALLY help if I didn't have to keep getting the machine and RC out of the box and setting it all up, just to look at the phone app..  0_o)
2016-8-20
Use props
mdh317
lvl.1

Every flight i make sure i have my return home point set. What i always do is when i'm about to start up the motors i turn the volume all the way up on my tablet and then start the motors and wait to hear "Home Point Set". If i dont hear those words i shut down the motors and wait a few seconds and then do it again. I think there is also a Green H on the map also that show where your home point is set to. This is how i do it anyway.
2016-8-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-20 12:31
Question - if you don't happen to notice the message "Home Point Set", how do you tell if a home poi ...

You mentioned three storey buildings all round, likelihood is that it may not have sufficient satellites locked to set a home position.
2016-8-20
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

It showed 10 sats and "Safe to fly" in green.

mdh317, I was looking for an 'H' but didn't see one. However today, trying it by myself, I saw it say "Home point set" but still didn't see any 'H'.

A clear visual indicator that there is one and where it is, seems so obvious that I cannot understand why there isn't one?
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules