Cracks on my P3 arm. Will I get a shipping label?
1939 14 2016-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I have cracks on one of the arms of my P3A. I contacted DJI and they want me to send it to them for repair. The P3 is only three months old. I was given a form to fill out and include with the packaging but nothing about a shipping label. Since this is a warranty repair I would expect DJI to pay for shipping both ways. Is this not correct? Is ther someone on here from DJI that can help me with this? I was given a case # of 266111.
Thank you in advance.
crack.jpg
2016-8-19
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

AFAIK, DJI never pays for shipping back to DJI regardless of the circumstances.  But will cover shipping back to you.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crack issue. When you fill in the form and send it back to our support, you'll get the shipping label. If it's non-warranty issue, they will charge you for outbound shipping; if it's warranty, shipping will also be free both ways.
2016-8-19
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-19 23:50
Sorry for your crack issue. When you fill in the form and send it back to our support, you'll get th ...

So how do I get the shipping label to send it? Do I get reimbursed? Or is the shipping label given after I fill out the form, is that what you are saying? Because the form I was told to downl;oad and print out does not say anything about a shipping label.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-20 12:50
So how do I get the shipping label to send it? Do I get reimbursed? Or is the shipping label given ...

First you need to full fill the form that our tech support sent to you. Second, send the form back to our support and they will get back to you with a shipping label.
2016-8-19
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-20 01:01
First you need to full fill the form that our tech support sent to you. Second, send the form back ...

I did that. I was sent a link to another form to print, fill out and include in the package to be sent to DJI. There was no mention of a shipping label.
The emails are coming from HK.
Thank you.
2016-8-19
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Here is the last email i received.
Thank you for contacting DJI.
Please send your unit into our DJI repair facility in North America. The steps you must take to properly ship your product in are listed below.

Note: Failure to complete any step below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

Please fill out and print the Global Technical Support Form for End Users..

Please download from here

http://www.dji.com/service/policy

by clicking on Repair Application Form, fill it out, print it and send back to us with your unit**

Please include a copy of your proof of purchase. Not including your proof of purchase will automatically categorize your repair as Non-Warrantied and you will be invoiced after analysis. Please keep your original proof of purchase for your records.

Please review the warranty terms for your product to see if you should expect an invoice or may potentially be covered by our manufacturer’s warranty: http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-service

Do not ship swollen/punctured/visibly damaged batteries. If you do ship batteries in this condition, we are required to recycle them and cannot ship them back to you. If your battery was damaged in a crash and you would like to be considered for warranty replacement of the battery, you will need to provide proof of purchase and pictures of the damage and serial number(s) of each battery affected in the package you ship to us.

Please do not include any product accessories, such as batteries, propellers, chargers, tuning stands, micro SD cards, cables etc. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products.

Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft accessories, hard carrying cases, SD cards, and third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party products.

Pack your equipment safely. Include protection such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Keep in mind that any product shipped just in the on-shelf packaging (i.e. white Phantom box) is not acceptable and will automatically qualify it for invoiced repair. You can always place the product box or case in a cardboard box, this is acceptable.
Inspire 1 is the exception to rule 6, please do ship it in its original hard case, packed safely inside of a cardboard box.

Once received by our North American repair facility your unit will be considered an active repair. The ETA for repairs is approximately 1-2 Weeks from the date it is checked in by our facility. On that day, you will be emailed. In the rare event that more than 1-2 Weeks have passed since your unit was checked in, please call 818-235-0789 for further assistance.

Once your unit has been checked in, and you have been provided a Repair Tracking number, you can check the status of your RMA here:
https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Please provide the DJI account you used to activate your unit for Phantom, inspire, OSMO anf Ronin MX.

8. Include DJI care info on the Global Technical Support Form for End Users on our website.

9. Please do not ship TB48 batteries. Please either email a photograph of the battery, or include a photograph of the battery with the RMA product. Due to Hazardous Materials shipping regulations, we may not be able to return the battery to you.

Be sure to include all information requested for DJI care to be applied if you have a DJI care plan including a copy of your receipt emailed back to this ticket, showing your DJI care purchase. If you need assistance in locating your crafts serial number please use the DJI care FAQs: http://www.dji.com/support/djicare

DJI Technology, LLC
23610 Banning Blvd
Carson, CA, 90745

Case No.: 266111 (Please include this number on the shipping label and on the front and back of the package. Not putting this number on the outside of your package may cause delays in being checked in).
By sending in your product for repair, you agree that you have read and accepted the repair terms as stated above. If you have any questions about this process, please reply to this email or call our phone support team. In certain circumstances DJI may as a courtesy provide a shipping label for those RMAs that qualify. Please allow approximately 24-48 hours for this label to arrive.

Thank you for contacting DJI. We look forward to servicing your product very soon!
Attachment(s)
CustomerInformationSheet.pdf
2016-8-19
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-8-19 22:00
AFAIK, DJI never pays for shipping back to DJI regardless of the circumstances.  But will cover ship ...

Where did you get that false info?
2016-8-19
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

They will pay both ways if the cracks are from stress.You should get your shipping label soon.
2016-8-19
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-8-20 01:45
They will pay both ways if the cracks are from stress.You should get your shipping label soon.

I hope so, It has been a few days. I asked for a shipping label and I have had no response.
2016-8-19
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-8-19 22:00
AFAIK, DJI never pays for shipping back to DJI regardless of the circumstances.  But will cover ship ...

Of course they do. You have some false information. Read some posts about repairs, they actually almost always send a shipping label if it is in the warranty time frame.
Now you know.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-20 13:09
I did that. I was sent a link to another form to print, fill out and include in the package to be s ...

I'll pass your ticket number to our US service center. They will get back to you in the business hour asap. Thanks for your patience.
2016-8-19
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Thank you DJI-paladin. I really do appreciate your assistance.
2016-8-20
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Check your spam folder for the label.. It's a .pdf file attached to a email.. It got picked up by my. Emails spam but I had it hrs after sending that form back..  From the time I contacted DJI til the time I got my light bridge 1 back last year took 2 weeks, 3 or 4 days wad shipping 1 way so I was kinda impressed with the turn around of it since shipping was 6 to 8 days. I mailed it a Monday too so I might have gotten lucky not to have to weekend screw things up.. They sent it back on a Monday also...  So check your spam folder, I always do when I'm expecting something that don't come and try to every few days anyway to make sure something I wasn't expecting didn't get caught in there too

Best wishes man

Mark
2016-8-20
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2016-8-20 17:33
Check your spam folder for the label.. It's a .pdf file attached to a email.. It got picked up by my ...

I had already checked the spam folder. it was not in there.
I did get the shipping label on Saturday. It is going out this week.
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules