Cached Maps
2683 10 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dale.kaechler.s
lvl.2

Canada

Prior to flight if I cache maps where are they stored?
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

I want to know this answer too.  Also, are their instructions on caching (don't have my Inspire yet) in the manual on what to do before flying without network?
2015-1-28
Use props
pidetectives.ya
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stored in places for offline viewing.
2015-1-28
Use props
dale.kaechler.s
lvl.2

Canada

pidetectives.ya Posted at 2015-1-29 08:38
Stored in places for offline viewing.

Where might that be
2015-1-29
Use props
zinkracer
New

United States

Yes, where?  
2015-1-29
Use props
pidetectives.ya
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

How to maps offline
http://www.cnet.com/videos/access-google-maps-offline/
2015-1-29
Use props
dale.kaechler.s
lvl.2

Canada

pidetectives.ya Posted at 2015-1-30 06:27
How to maps offline
http://www.cnet.com/videos/access-google-maps-offline/

Maps in iOS app are not google maps
2015-1-29
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Cached Maps.  If Google maps are cached does that mean these could be available and accessed in the IOS App when offline.  

I was talking to a guy in an  Apple store today who seemed to think that any cached maps would be somewehere within respective Apps, so would that mean the DJI App stores the cached map for offline use.  

If this is correct can DJI confirm if there is a file that can be accessed and managed e.g delete old files and check new files to ensure they have been cached ready for offline use.  How would you know if the map previously cached is still there  or a new one has been saved properly before going offline.
2015-2-5
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

I'm using the Cache Map option on an iPad.  I opened the map and went to the area that I was going to record.  I then left and went  back there and some of the map was clear and some of it wasn't clear.  What do I need to do to make sure that the map will be clear when I am using the Cache Maps options?  How detailed do I need to make it?  Also, do I need to turn off/on the cache map option?
2015-2-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Not an answer to IOS. I am using a Nexus 7 as my flight and camera app center. Since I am a VERY cautious Pilot, I turn OFF wifi on the tablet and move all cell phones away from the transmitter before flight. This means that the DJI app has no access to the Google maps to update during flight, so I have to cach the flight area maps prior to the flight. Since both of my Nexus 7 tablets are WiFi only, I use a verizon hotspot device and open Google Maps in each and zoom into the planned flight area beforehand. I then cache the maps to each device, then turn OFF WiFi prior to the actual flight.

A side note, Knowing the problems posted are primarily related to the compass calibration, I take EXTRA precaution regarding electronic "interference", potential or otherwise. This means turn it off if you can do without it during the flight. These precautions serve me well, and caching the maps ahead of time is no big deal and could be saving a real expensive problem.
2015-2-20
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

From what I've been told, after you have readied the aircraft for flight and have pulled up the appropriate map on your iPad, you simply turn the iPad to airplane mode. Return to the map screen and it will be there. The map will only display the area that was last seen, I.e. The borders will not show detail beyond the last screen shot. However, there should be more than enough area for your flight.
2015-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules