4740 9 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38143 ft
United States

Hello Gentlemen,

I need help and lots of it. I purchased a Phantom 2 vision+ used and now I cant get it to calibrate the compass. I bought it without a gimble or camera.  I first calibrated it when I got it a few days ago. Now when I try to do the Calibrate Compass, I get a solid Red LED. I checked the numbers in the assistant software and they are in range. I’ve even reset the MC board back and reinstalled firmware 3.14.
When I turn everything on for the first time, i get the standard red green and yellow led’s and sounds. Then it goes to flashing red 2 times for several minutes.
Then…When I turn everything on for the first time, i get the standard red green and yellow led’s and sounds. Then it goes to flashing red 1 time for several minutes. Then it changes to 2 red flashed. Then back to 1 red flash… It’s just crazy.

I hope someone can help me..
Below are the numbers I get:
Gyro Mod: .3
Acc. Mod: 1.00
Comp Mod: 1442.2

When I flip the switch to Calibrate several  times, all it does is give me a solid red LED.
if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in Advance!
--Denny

2016-8-20
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

As you calibrated the compass only a few days ago and the mod numbers are within normal range I would not bother calibrating again.
My V+ is over 2 years old and I have calibrated the compass no more than 3 times in its life.
For the rear LED's, are you in NAZA mode ?
Solid Red is an error signal, so something is not right, normally hooking up to the assistant will give you an error notice if anything is wrong.
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you calibrated the IMU and the RC? Are you sure that you are not around any No Fly Zones?
2016-8-21
Use props
denny
lvl.1
United States

Hello again Gentlemen, And thank you for the quitcj response. I should have been for specific.
1.        I don’t have a gimble or camera connected to it.
2.        Im running in “ Nanza” mode.
3.        When it some on, I get all the beeps and light changes.
4.        Then it bliNks red. Then sometimes it will change to blinking 2 red, small break- then 2 red again.
5.        Then sometimes it blicks 1 red and , a small break, then 2 again.. these happen a dozen times or move.
6.     I CAN arm the motors and FLY the drome, but it drifts and things but it keeps its “balance” and it doesn't stay in one place..,
7.     If I try to  get into calibration mode by flicking the rigth switch, it wikk go to the solide. Red. I am will to send up a youtube it that would help. All I really want to do it learn to 8.     fly withoput the camera or gible connect. Then once I feel safe, I’ll purchase another camera and gimble.
0.     I flew it the way it is and seems to fly fine intil I go to land and then its gets wobblely.

10.    Clues that may elp you.
11.    After flist flight. I wen to take off snd the drone tried todo a flip and destroys the propellers.. it did thid trice. I turn it off and back on and it flew somewht ok.
12.    I went to remove the Firmware on the IMU as to the youtube video, and upgraded it back to the lates version.
13.    I also don’t have a iphone to see whats going on. Hower, I did get my phone to connewcrt to th wireless extender and it show my battery like remaing but everything else
        is  greyed out.
14.   I tried flying it and it allows me to flow. while flieing the 1 red like it on and sometime blink.

15.    Weird!!! PLEASE ME!

Please, it you help me fix this, im willing to pay a few dollars to et this to work. Im only worried about getting the GPS part workin.

Please help we with this. I love the DJI drones but just cant seem to get it down.

I am a Sr. Netowork administrator and know pretty do knowledge of Electronics and how they work, but I just cant seem to figure this on out.

If a video would help, let me know and I will upload one tonight on youtube

Again Thanks IN ADVANCE Guys!

I Appreciate it A lot and All YOU have done to help me!!

--Denny

2016-8-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The rear LED,s you describe are showing the Phantom in manual mode.
Make sure your S1 switch is up to GPS and check in the assistant that your settings for S1 are correct, I fly with S1 set to Up GPS / Middle Atti / Down RTH, not brave enough to set Down to Manual...lol
Here are the LED,s for NAZA mode...
Naza-m-2-position1.jpg
2016-8-28
Use props
denny
lvl.1
United States

Hello Everyone, First I Apologize for all the typo’s in my last reply. I didn’t know there were so many!.
OK, here’s where I am now.
In Naza Mode.
Turn everything on,
R/C Both switches all way up.
Back left LED blinks 3 Red flashes, then pause, then three Red flashes again. Keeps Doing This.
When I flick the switch to throw it into Compass calibration, it goes to solid Red.
Put switch all way down, stays Solid Red.

I went ahead and started the blades, When blades started. Left Front LED is Solid Red. Left Back Blinking 3 Red Flashed.
Landed , Turn blades off, Back LED Blinking 3 Flashes, Pause,   Blinking 3 Flashes. It Just keeps doing this.
Even With all this, it flew OK.

Tried to throw it back into Compass Calibration Mode again. I get Solid Red Again.

I Hope You Guys Know what this is, Most Likey User Error, But Hey, I Love It!!

I( Have No Way To Use Android Or Apple App For Help!! ( I Know, This Sucks! )

Thanks Again Everyone!
--Denny
2016-9-1
Use props
denny
lvl.1
United States

Hello Everyone, First, For the ones that replied, I thank you Very Much!
Now, I wanna tell you about something that I did just yesterday. It is still bothering me that I can’t calibrate the compass. If you recall, I told you that when I flip the switch to get it into calibration mode, that I get a solid red LED. OK, I did the flip, it went solid read. I left it set for a few minutes and nothing changed. So… ( Here’s where it gets good ).. I picked the Darn thing up and Did the motion of calibrating it. The Darn Light Blinked!!.. Then I did the second part of calibration and the LED blinked again!... WOW!..
Is it possible that the LED connector is on “ backwards”.. making it Red Instead of Orange???

What do you guys think?

Thanks For ALL YOUR Help!

Denny
2016-9-4
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What does your app say? There should be an error warning if you are using the DJI Vision App.
Maybe your sticks need calibration.
Maybe you just need an IMU calibration.
2016-9-6
Use props
boriair76
New

United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-9-6 20:18
What does your app say? There should be an error warning if you are using the DJI Vision App.
Maybe  ...

did you ever fix the stuck on red light im having the same issue?
2016-9-25
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just remember, the front lights are always red.
Also remember to remove your watch and calibrate compass in an open grassy field.
Check your controller for any obstructions on the sticks. Maybe re-calibrate the sticks to make sure they registering zero when untouched.
Maybe bring a laptop and USB cable to the fly-sight and see what the errors are by using the Phantom assist.
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules