1515 7 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave King
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3833248 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's a new restriction that popped up in the DJI go app today. It's a 5  mile radius around pittsburgh which is completely new. It has nothing  to do with the airspace around the airports.  I got a message asking me  if I wanted to override it tat I needed to provide one of two means of  identification: a credit card number or a mobile phone number.  I used  my cell phone got the token text but it failed.  Has anyone else  experienced this? Why does it want a credit card?  Anyone seen this  message and successfully got to fly? This new area is now showing up as  gray in the FAA no fly zone site and there's no color key for gray. I  see similar gray limitations in Detroit and Cincinnati as well.
2016-8-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

That credit card message sounds bogus to me.  They should never ask for that .  Can you take a screen shot of the message ?

Maybe some type of internet spoof or troll.

If this is indeed from DJI, something is Rotten with the policy .

Dont give the credit card number for sure Dave

donnie
2016-8-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe you need to send the email to DJI   http://flysafe.dji.com     requesting the area to be unlocked. Then they will send you some forms / liability waiver and written permission to fly at this location. You must be registered with DJI and the aircraft serial number needs be provided, plus you need to provide the credit card as proof of identification (I believe). I have the stuff to register in a NFZ but have not put together the job yet

To unlock a Restricted Zone, please provide us with all materials and information below and we will help you to unlock it with a custom solution.
1.        The organization must provide a written statement that they are legally allowed to fly in their intended area.
2.        A form of positive identification of the person signing the statement must be provided
3.        The attached disclaimer must be signed, confirming that you are fully responsible for your flights.
4.        The attached non-disclosure agreement concerning the custom software must be signed

They have been very nice to me and once I have the job, I will get this set up with them.

Rich
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please make sure that you are referring to the GeoSystem map for the most updated NFZ list:

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

As RichJ53 indicated, you should get in contact with the FlySafe team directly in order to unlock any NFZs.
2016-8-23
Use props
jbarbz05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852799 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah i have the same thing in Detroit. Its not listed on the NFZ list here, http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map. There are no TFR's or other airports. Its pretty insane that they will let you fly over an airport but block out major downtown areas. Who am i suppose to get permission from to unlock an entire downtown? Myself because I live there? Can I give myself permission? DJI needs to get it together.

Optimized-image1.PNG Optimized-image2-2.PNG Optimized-image3.PNG
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Have you already emailed the FlySafe team directly at flysafe@dji.com?
2016-8-26
Use props
jbarbz05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852799 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-27 06:22
Have you already emailed the FlySafe team directly at ?

I have, they haven't been much helped thus far. I tried again today with no avail, but i narrowed the issue down some what. It seems to only happen with the x5r attached. Flew fine with no cam, and with the x3. Matter of fact, that yellow zone never even appeared. Why would the camera choice matter with authorization zones? I would think that only matter on the A/C.
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jbarbz05@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-31 04:45
I have, they haven't been much helped thus far. I tried again today with no avail, but i narrowed  ...

Ken has been helping you out with this one as well. It is definitely a very odd issue and it was reported to the proper team for further investigation.
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules