Gimbal clamp
510 3 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

While I do use a gamble clamp, I am wondering what could happen if you don't use one. I am assuming that there is some risk of damage to the gimbal, maybe from banging against the hard stops? Or is there? Has anyone ever had a damaged gimbal while transporting it (not crashing).

DJI?

Just curious.
2016-8-20
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Robert,

Our Phantoms come with camera stabilizers that we take off before flying them.  Is that what you are calling a gimbal clamp?

I equip P2s and P3s with preventors that keep the gimbal from separating during hard landings, crashes, etc.  They are hand made out of paper clips and held in place with magic tape.  Never lost one yet and my gimbals are all intact.  But then, I fly much more carefully now than I did in the beginning.  I only use the stabilizers during transportation and that is rarely.  I hope this helps.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's possible the gimbal will be damaged if you don't use that during transportation, the camera will just bang around and wear out the connecting points.
2016-8-21
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-21 18:09
It's possible the gimbal will be damaged if you don't use that during transportation, the camera wil ...

Thanks for the confirmation.
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules