Help with video feed
947 8 2016-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikogto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15965 ft
United States

Just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 since it was on the list of approved working devices for the Phantom 4, I was using my S6 Edge wich worked fine but too small of a screen, after getting this used Note 8 I installed the DJI Go app after all the updates to the google play store, at first it would say "not compatible with this device" after updates it installed. I can connect and use the app and control the camera movement, but no video feed is showing up on the Note. I plugged my S6 phone back in and it works fine. Any ideas???? Kinda frustrating that the video feed won't work, did'nt want to spend money on a newer device since I just bought this P4 and another camera for work. Thanks for any help given.  
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you power on the RC and connected to your phone swipe down from the top and see if it says "USB for Charging". Change that to one of the other options to see if you then get video.
It is strange that your S6 works fine but the Note will not.
2016-8-22
Use props
nikogto
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-22 16:06
When you power on the RC and connected to your phone swipe down from the top and see if it says "USB ...

tried that just now, does'nt say that at all. All options for the Go app are on the screen, just black where video should be. Very frustrating. I really did'nt want to spend more money and buy a ipad mini 2. It may be my next option. Don't want to spend for the 4 or air models. Anything else you think I could try?  
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

nikogto Posted at 2016-8-23 06:26
tried that just now, does'nt say that at all. All options for the Go app are on the screen, just b ...

Is the operating system on your phone updated to the latest software?
2016-8-22
Use props
nikogto
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-22 17:38
Is the operating system on your phone updated to the latest software?

the samsung galaxy note 8 I purchased is the latest update, I don't use it as a phone, I have my S6 Edge for that. It has android version 4.4.2.  I can access all the menus on the Go app, google maps is on there and working, can start the drone and adjust camera angle, just no video.  
2016-8-22
Use props
nikogto
lvl.2
United States

Seems to me there are a lot of connecting issues with Samsung devices, my note 8 has the update needed, but still no video feed, tried another cable, same thing. My s6 works fine. Might just have to order me a ipad mini 2 and hope for the best. I need to take this to Italy in a few weeks and don't want to use my phone, need a larger screen. Unless I find a fix here in the next few hours, I'll have to order a mini 2.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

nikogto Posted at 2016-8-23 08:23
Seems to me there are a lot of connecting issues with Samsung devices, my note 8 has the update need ...

We know it's not a video transmission issue because your S6 works just fine.
I'm sorry I think it's just that device is too old. The specs say it's from 2013.
You said it was on the list of approved devices but I don't think that's correct.
The Note 3 and 4 are but this Note 8.
Here are specs from your Note 8  http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_8_0-5252.php
Here are specs from the Note 3  http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-6434.php
Here are the recommended devices

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
2016-8-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I have a powerful iphone 6 plus 64 GB but my P4 video is very bad and I get disconnected at 0.7 miles recently; (it used to be 2 miles with original firmware and app 2.8.1).

I will be trying my friend's RC during the weekend to see if the other RC is having the same issue; if it is, then what?

The P3A is having no video issues and it has much better range.

2016-8-22
Use props
nikogto
lvl.2
United States

Just ordered an Ipad Mini 2 wifi+cellular. If anyone wants a great deal on an excellent condition Note 8 with AT&T service and case hit me up.  LOL
2016-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules