Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
m600 with Ronin Mx and Alexa?
1786 6 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christian.ghamm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61581342 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Hello!
Hello I have a question, as I just pulled the trigger on the M600. Has anyone lifted an Alexa Mini with the ronin Mx? if so, how did it go?
I need to know as I am told the Mini won't fit in the Ronin Mx out of the box and needs additional parts.... parts that I am unaware of and that might also add weight!
Thanks!

2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Adding DJI extensions would not add that much weight to the Ronin MX and M600 to where it would heavily impact the performance to the aircraft. The max take off weight for the M600 is 15.1 kg. As long as you do not exceed that total weight, then you would be fine.
2016-8-23
Use props
fansfd85e1c1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-23 08:34
Adding DJI extensions would not add that much weight to the Ronin MX and M600 to where it would heavily impact the performance to the aircraft. The max take off weight for the M600 is 15.1 kg. As long as you do not exceed that total weight, then you would be fine.

But can you balance it, especially with the follow-focus motor? I would LOVE to buy a couple of M600's to fly Alexas. I think DJI has the integration, redundancy and reliability wrapped up. The M600 is the platform I want to fly a $60k camera.
Not sure why the forum software is calling be a "beginner". I've been flying RC for 40 years and DJI products since the P2+.
2017-5-4
Use props
erkq
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-23 08:34

But can you balance it, especially with the follow-focus motor? I would LOVE to buy a couple of M600's to fly Alexas. I think DJI has the integration, redundancy and reliability wrapped up. The M600 is the platform I want to fly a $60k camera.
Not sure why the forum software is calling be a "beginner". I've been flying RC for 40 years and DJI products since the P2+.
2017-5-4
Use props
erkq
lvl.4
United States

Sorry about the double post above. This site has a 2 minute limit to edits. It also assigned me some crazy made-up user ID ("fansfd85e1c1"). So I re-posted under my corrected ID and it wouldn't let me delete my original post. I want to make sure I get the answers. Weird... anyway... that's why there's a double post.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

erkq Posted at 2017-5-4 09:07

You can balance it, though you would also want to use a counterbalance weight to help off set the rig being a tad front heavy. Regarding the 'beginner' status, that is referring to how active you are on the Forum and not your overall pilot experience. The ranking changes as you accrue 'points' while being active on the forum (posts, loggin in etc.) you can see the point-rank description in the Forum Rules and Guidelines thread.
2017-5-4
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

First off,  please don't buy the M600. Buy the M600Pro if you want a large format rig.  The M600 standard should have never been released,  and I'm still absolutely amazed DJI took so long to take it off of the market in the US.  I actually bought the original M600 in part due to the convincing launch video - (here).  

Little did I know that we were Beta Testers if not in name,  definitely in the minds of DJI, hence the improved DJI M600 Pro whose product release coincided with a firmware update that fixed some of the problems of the M600 standard but not all.

Now looking back at this video,  I realize DJI must have known it was completely impossible to seamlessly fly a large format drone like the one in the video on this particular rig and actually remotely control it with full functionality (as was advertised).   First off most of the accessories needed to fly a large format camera on the M600 were not even released at the time of this video nor were they going to be for months.  I don't even see a start/stop unit or the lightbridge input being utilized which makes me wonder what camera shot this footage in the video above?  My money is on X5R, not a Red.  Just my opinion.  Sorry to ramble on but if you want to get a large camera format drone at least go with the M600Pro and spend the extra money.  If I was able to do it over and knew about the Inspire2 launch,  I would have waited and that decision would have saved me an incredible amount of time, money, and travel expenses (and probably kept a lot of hair on my head)..  The fact that the X5S does not fly on this rig was another punch in the gut.....If you originally bought the M600 in hopes of flying a Red or Mini immediately,  you got a raw deal.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules