Phantom 3 live view problem
4461 23 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IetsNieuws
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7100 ft
Netherlands

Hey guys! I have a phantom 3 4k but when i'm flying it i lose live view after reaching like 100 meters is that normal and how can i get better live view?
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom 3 4k and Standard are not like the Pro and Advanced and do not use Lightbridge technology for video and RC control so your range is limited.
If you are in an open field with no interference than I would say there's an issue. But if you are in a neighborhood or city then your range will be greatly diminished.

See if this video on antenna orientation helps.

2016-8-23
Use props
IetsNieuws
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7100 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-23 17:16
The Phantom 3 4k and Standard are not like the Pro and Advanced and do not use Lightbridge technolog ...

i always fly in an open field! how can i fix it?
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

IetsNieuws Posted at 2016-8-24 02:47
i always fly in an open field! how can i fix it?

If you are using one of the DJI recommended devices then contact support and have it sent in to be evaluated. If you are not using one of the recommended devices then please try one first before contacting DJI.
2016-8-23
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-24 03:38
If you are using one of the DJI recommended devices then contact support and have it sent in to be ...

Not to be rude Ken, but when is DJI going to get with updating the approved devices, especially when it comes to Android? Samsung Note 4 is the last Note listed and the 5 has been out for a year.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-8-24 03:47
Not to be rude Ken, but when is DJI going to get with updating the approved devices, especially whe ...

I don't know how often they update.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-8-23
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-23 23:16
The Phantom 3 4k and Standard are not like the Pro and Advanced and do not use Lightbridge technolog ...

Hi Ken, I'm having trouble with the Phantom 3 Pro where the video transmission is just no longer happening. I am on 1.4 firmware and it won't update (I'll insert the thread below), but it's not letting me see anything on my iPhone 6S+. The RC is also asking for an update but failing immediately. Is there a way for me personally to do a factory reset for firmware? Is there somewhere else I can read up on this (as I'm not really finding others on DJI forum that I've seen so far)?

Thanks!

Video and explanation linked:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 00:19
Hi Ken, I'm having trouble with the Phantom 3 Pro where the video transmission is just no longer h ...

Since you are on that old of firmware and you say it will not update, please explain more in detail.
Did you try 1,9 and what do you mean it didn't update, how do you know. If you can please post the txt file and the hidden log file then I can tell you if it updated or not.
And since you had trouble, try 1.8
Also you after you successfully update the aircraft then you need to get the RC on 1.6
There is no factory reset for the Pro.

Also, explain exactly how you are attempting the aircraft firmware.
Thanks
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 00:49
Since you are on that old of firmware and you say it will not update, please explain more in detai ...

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply, grateful to have a response!

It was from 1.4 to 1.8 that gave me the error. I tried skipping that with the 1.9 but that hasn't worked either. Attached the txt for your reference. To update, I am going to the DJI website on my Macbook Pro, downloading the zip file for 1.8.8, extracting the bin file, getting an empty Sandisk Extreme U3 64GB or 32GB micro SD card and copying the bin file, then putting it into the P3P (while off). Turn the phantom on (fully charged intelligent batteries), and it does this (shown in video):

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2016.04.30 12:08:13 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2016.04.30 21:44:18 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

I don't see a MISC folder to find the hidden log, but I will try this once more and see if I can get it to pop up by formatting and starting again

EDIT: just formatted the card using the DJI go app once it connected to my P3P and there doesn't seem to be anything in the LOG folder? I copied the MISC file because I couldn't get it to show up using Terminal and show all files...         
Searching for "P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt" doesn't come up with anything.
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.14.52 PM.png
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 02:49
I don't see a MISC folder to find the hidden log, but I will try this once more and see if I can get ...

Ok, not sure why you cannot get 1.8 on.
Try again and before formatting the SD card put it back in the computer then search the hidden log.
Also, your RC may have been updated to 1.6 and that could be why you don't get any video.
In the about page (RC on, aircraft OFF) what does it say the RC firmware is.
If it's 1.6 and you cannot get the aircraft past 1.4, you can downgrade the RC if it did get to 1.6
From the home page (aircraft off) hold down the top right icon (graduation hat) for about 5 seconds and let go. That will take you into the RC downgrade page and you can go down to 1.5.8.  (make sure your on WiFi).

Windows system :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
Mac system :
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 04:01
Try again and before formatting the SD card put it back in ...

Thank you, Ken. I will say that I have read Ian's article, and when I click on my finder icon after going into terminal and doing the copy and pasted command, "Relaunch" doesn't even appear as an option, so something is off there.
I'm downgrading to 1.5.8 (No 1.5.7 option available?), as you were correct, it was on 1.6. I'll give that a shot and see if the image returns. I don't know if I'll mess with it further, as long as it plays nice. I don't know if that means I won't have intelligent flight modes, but I'd be happy just to see what it sees!
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 04:12
Thank you, Ken. I will say that I have read Ian's article, and when I click on my finder icon afte ...

That is strange, if you download the ZIP file with the 1.8 firmware and extract the BIN file, then install it into the aircraft and wait 20 minutes or so and it win't update then the hidden log will be on the SD card and should be able to be read.
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 04:25
That is strange, if you download the ZIP file with the 1.8 firmware and extract the BIN file, then ...

Ken, I downgraded to 1.5.8., there wasn't a 1.5.7. available. It still won't let me see anything, and is telling me the RC needs to be upgraded. I will re-try once more with the 1.8.8 upgrade on the P3P with a new micro SD card and see what the results are.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 04:34
Ken, I downgraded to 1.5.8., there wasn't a 1.5.7. available. It still won't let me see anything, a ...

Sorry, I was incorrect, 1.5.8 is correct.
Leave the RC where it is on 1.5.8 and leave the aircraft on 1.4.
See if you get video.
If you are able to get 1.8 on the aircraft, the RC must be on 1.6 in order to work.
That's why I wanted toy to downgrade to 1.5.8 on the RC because you then show get video.
And if not than there may be a corrupted video transmission module during your update.
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 04:25
That is strange, if you download the ZIP file with the 1.8 firmware and extract the BIN file, then ...

Hi Ken. I downgraded, and now can't use the RC to even turn on the rotors of the P3P. It shows it's connected but I have no joystick control.

I then went into same thing I've done so many times and tried to update the firmware to 1.8.8 and it just isn't working. I was going to order 4 Phantom for my business but it just doesn't seem to be reliable enough... I'm grateful for your help. I think there must be a ton of interference from my phone on the audio, but it just did the same thing it did in the first video. It doesn't look like the firmware is working.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 04:57
Hi Ken. I downgraded, and now can't use the RC to even turn on the rotors of the P3P. It shows it' ...

The RC and aircraft have to be matched is why you can't connect.
Or it may have come un-linked. Here is the linking process.The Phantoms are extremely reialble and I'm not sure why your aircraft will not take an update.
Can you explain in detail exactly how how attempted the firmware update. something possibly may not being done correctly.
Manual linking Pro-Adv.jpg
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 05:07
The RC and aircraft have to be matched is why you can't connect.
Or it may have come un-linked. Her ...

Hasn't seemed to make any difference. RC light is green (Is that which light you mean?) One on body is flashing red, so I assume that means it wasn't successful?
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 05:30
Hasn't seemed to make any difference. RC light is green (Is that which light you mean?) One on bod ...

I think the aircraft has to be past 1.4
Look in the About tab and what does it say for the aircraft firmware?
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 05:30
Hasn't seemed to make any difference. RC light is green (Is that which light you mean?) One on bod ...

I saw the first post and thought that it was yours, disregard the post I deleted.
What does the about page say?If nothing works and you are unable to update then contact support and send it in and they can see what the issue is.
As long as it's never been crashed then it should be a warranty fix.
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

Edit: I have gotten the drone to 1.9.6 and controller to 1.6.0, but still no luck on image transmission. I spoke to support on the phone, and it sounds like it needs to be sent in. Frustrating as I may be out of warranty by about 6 days, for something that's flown for a little more than 1 hour total.
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

Thanks for all your help, Ken.
2016-8-29
Use props
anlenke
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 04:01
Try again and before formatting the SD card put it back in  ...

Hi Ken,

Finally found a PC and got the hidden LOG. Here it is. Spent some time on the phone with support to and it sounds like it may have to go in. It might be a couple of days out of it's one year, which is a shame because I've flown it maybe 2 hours worth.

LOG file

LOG file
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

anlenke Posted at 2016-8-30 11:02
Hi Ken,

Finally found a PC and got the hidden LOG. Here it is. Spent some time on the phone with ...

That's great it's on 1.9. The thing I was looking for on your hidden log is module 8 & 15 saying Device Not Detected. That's happens on a rare occasion while updating older firmware and that's what I though it was.

Remind me, this all started from when you tried to update?
If so, then let's keep trying. Download 1.8 and install that and let's see what happens. The RC is fine on 1.6 and leave it where it is.
Those other modules that say "need upgrade" may clear out if you go to 1.8 then back to 1.9.
I'm just trying to keep you form sending it in.
Also, there has never been a crash right?
One more thing to quickly try is see if you can fit your fingers between the gimbal and remove the cables then reinstall them pushing down firmly.
I'm still hoping we can get your bird up and running.
2016-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules