Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin Thumb Controller - won't bind after update
2284 6 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lee
New

United Kingdom

I have just got a brand new thumb controller for the Ronin (standard model) plus the reciever. I checked it was all working when I unboxed it, and the controller managed to bind to the reciever immediately. No problems.

So, as per the instructions, I made sure all the upgrades were completed before installing the reciever etc using DJI assistant v2.4. As a result the controller and the reciever simply will not bind. I press the bind button, the light flashes green, then turn on the controller, and the reciever light goes green for a beat, then flashed red, occasionally flashing green, then red again, - never once since the upgrade has it been a solid green.

Please, this is unacceptsble. I bought the controller for a specific shoot this weekend, for which it is crucial, and I have made a commitment to my clients. This needs to be resolved ASAP.

According to the assistant there are no newer updates for any of the devices.

Info:
Controller firmware v 1.2
Reciever firmware v1.0
Reciever radio v1.0.0.6

Ronin:
GCU v1.3
IMU v3.1

DJI Assistant v2.4

We have been a loyal DJI customer (Phantom3, Osmo, Ronin etc), but this has left me severerly compromised and open to contractual issues with my clients. Please can you help resolve this.
2016-8-23
Use props
lee
New

United Kingdom

According to your own release notes, the radio firmware should be 1.1.0.0

But the DJI assistant software (2.4) doesn't see this as an upgrade - it says the current version 1.0.0.6 is the latest.

Please resolve this ASAP! Do you not test your own software?
2016-8-23
Use props
lee
New

United Kingdom

lee@red90.co.uk Posted at 2016-8-23 16:51
According to your own release notes, the radio firmware should be 1.1.0.0

But the DJI assistant sof ...

So there you have it, I found a link on the forum to the now defunct DJI assistant v2.2 (which isn no longer available on your own website), and after installing it and running the upgrade on the radio reciever, it upgraded to version 1.1.0.0 - but v 2.4 didn't even register this as an update.

It now works, but I've spent half a day trying to find my own solution by looking through the miriad of other peoples issues (albeit different ones) on the same subject.

Come on DJI, you have some fantastic products, but test and check the releases before sending them out to people whose livelihoods and businesses depend on it.
2016-8-23
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

I have also the same issue- my Ronin (not M version) update broke my thumb controller. My 2.4 or 2.2 app doesn't show anything for "radio receiver" on the update page. Just GCU IMU and battery
2016-9-4
Use props
fans19c17c50
New

United Kingdom

I'm have the same problem with my DJI Ronin, how can this not have been resolved???
2016-12-16
Use props
DATABASS
New
United States

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME - DJI FIX THIS
2017-9-30
Use props
Bischofftep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 881230 ft
United States

Same.

Updating doesn't show "radio receiver" as an option, and random red & green flashes on both receiver and transmitter.

HELP!!!
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules