Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Don't let a drone hit you!
1071 14 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bilzc10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

(I removed most of the link for now. I doubt this is allowed)
I was stupid, and my drone was dying, i took it with my hand to land it and it started to return home (iplad died on me, couldnt see it was flying off) so i grabbed on and it spun around on me and got my arm.

Let this be a warning.

2016-8-23
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
United States

Mods, is this allowed, I didn't see anything in the rules, but I figured I should've asked fist. And it's not as bad as I make it sound. I just want to make sure people know what they'll be seeing.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The link is removed, thank you for doing that, I'm sure it was graphic photos.
I'm sorry for your injury.
It's better to leave out photos as this is a family forum.
I deleted the phrase of your thread.
2016-8-23
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Shame, but understandable. There was another video on here with some guy getting quite a nasty gash, after watching that I give my phantom a wide birth and carry a heavy duty bandage. Maybe 1 bit of gore a month is enough
2016-8-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Sorry for your bad luck. Yeah, I hand catch mine to at times. You need to be careful for sure. One mistake and that thing is like a chop saw. Everyone needs to be careful!!!!!!!
2016-8-23
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4

It's not food too gory, and I think if your flying drones you'd certainly have been able tof handle it. Maybe this will be able to give you just an idea of how hard it got me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RsVb_BcoK3dG9kVXl2MXJLajA/view?usp=drivesdk
the only thing it hit was my arm, and it broke the props.
2016-8-23
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

Did you need stitches ?
2016-8-23
Use props
OrlyP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

Ok, I just realized what else I need to bring with me in the field, a First Aid kit. For in the unlikely event of hurting yourself or somebody else... You never know.
2016-8-23
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4

I didnt need stitches or anything, I patched my arm up myself. The gashes are inches long and pretty deep, but surprisingly, the only pain I felt was from bruising and the bandages. I'll double check the ipad is charged next time.
2016-8-24
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4

also, I wasn't able to turn off the drone from the battery to turn it off, I ended up having to pull the battery as it was trying to fly away.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-8-24 23:11
also, I wasn't able to turn off the drone from the battery to turn it off, I ended up having to pull ...

I pretty much always hand catch because of the terrain or wind. You have to hold it upright and still and wait until the motors shut off before moving the aircraft otherwise it will try to keep itself upright and the motors will not shut off. That's when it can get out of control and cut you up.
2016-8-24
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-24 11:20
I pretty much always hand catch because of the terrain or wind. You have to hold it upright and sti ...

I hand catch all the time. Its just that i had flown it to me under a canopy and grabbed it by hand and began to throttle down when it started its auto rth from low battery. My ipad had died and i didnt know it was ready to fly off. It was either me or the drone, since it would fly straight into the ceiling, and probably brake. After it cut me the motors overloaded, and it gave me a chance to readjust in ordrr to turn it off. It just wouldnt let me turn it off with the power button since it was still flying, so i pulled the battery out. It was actually the easiest time i had getting the battery out.
2016-8-24
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
United States

so reviewing the footage, from the moment it decided to rth to the moment i killed the drone was only 13 seconds. 11 seconds from when i grabbed the drone till when i pulled the battery. it felt longer. Im going to slow the 13 seconds down to about 2 fps and watch it slowly, because it seems like 1 frame its flying up, and the next its upside-down cutting me
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-8-25 10:50
I hand catch all the time. Its just that i had flown it to me under a canopy and grabbed it by han ...

WOW, so sorry about that.
The props on an Inspire are definitely way more dangerous then a Phantom.
I'm glad you were not seriously injured.
There's lots of other forums that I'm sure users would like to see your video. Thank you for not posting it here.
2016-8-25
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch!!! That hurts. Sorry for your injury. Sorry to say, but it seems you are another victim of the Phantom rodeo.  
2016-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules