Can I use 2 RC's?
762 7 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I Plan to test another RC soon to see if my P4 video and range improves.

I wanted to know if once the RC gets paired with the P4, will it also work with the original P3A? or does the RC hold only one digital signature, and thus it will have ot be re-synced with the P3?

Also, can I use 2 RCs simultaneously to control the P4?  does the P4 store any RC signature information? If the answer is yes, can it use 2 (master/secondary).

2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Icarus, the P3A's RC is compatible with P4 but you need to upgrade it to 1.6.0 RC firmware at first. Second, P4 doesn't support dual RC mode.
2016-8-23
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I see; so once I link one RC, then the other RC will have to be re-linked again and so on.  I can not just have 2 RC's with me, which I will have pre-connected, to just compare them at the same time same place?  I assume I will have to calibrate each RC every time I connect it?

I assume then the P4 holds some internal RC address signature in it's memory and it can only hold one such RC address.
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-25 23:57
I see; so once I link one RC, then the other RC will have to be re-linked again and so on.  I can no ...

The RC can be connected to any P3 or P4, but once it's linked it's only linked to that aircraft and if you want to use a different RC then you have to link that RC and the first will become unlinked and to use it again you have to relink.
And you do not have to calibrate the RC when you link it to the aircraft.
2016-8-25
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

So I decided to buy a new RC instead of using the P3A due to the version difference.
I linked it to the P4, I calibrated it because it would not stop beeping. It stopped beeping after the calibration.

I then tried in with the P4 and the latest DJI Go app.  About 2 minutes flying around my yard, a call came in on my iphone 6plus, I cancelled it, but then, I had no more video!  Then I get a warning that RTH is initiated because of Video Transmission loss!  I am under tall trees and the last thing I want is for the P4 to go up to 160 feet so I cancelled the RTH. The video would not come back.  I had to restart the DJI GO app and the video came back.

I lost more confidence now, because I am not sure what the issue is?  This is a brand new RC.  Why would I lose complete video flying 10 feet from me?It is pointing to the P4 or the DGI GO app.
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-26 23:32
So I decided to buy a new RC instead of using the P3A due to the version difference.
I linked it to ...

The issue has to be something with your phone or the USB cable you are usung.
Try another device and see if you get the same results that that RC.
Also, if you have something overhead, ALWAYS set your RTH before every flight and in this case you should set it to hover. But remember to set it back to come home when you go fly in a different area.
2016-8-26
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-26 11:42
The issue has to be something with your phone or the USB cable you are usung.
Try another device a ...

I read that others have had the same issue though: No Video, which comes back only after the DJI GO app is re-started.  

I am using a 3 month old iphone 6 plus with only 3 apps running.

I just replaced my iphone5, (which works great with the P3A) but it had very lagged video with the P4. I do not think it's the device or the cable.  I am using  new apple approved cable too.

All these issues started for me after I upgraded the P4 firmware and DJI Go app.
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-26 23:58
I read that others have had the same issue though: No Video, which comes back only after the DJI GO ...

I've flown at least 10 different P4'a in since the latest updates and both Android and IOS have not given me an issue.
If you think it's firmware, you can do a factory reset.
BUT, If you can try another device or even borrow a friends iPad or something we can further eliminate sources.
2016-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules