Active Track not Fully Working on new Phantom 4?
2818 9 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
genshi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8415 ft

Sorry, I tried searching for this specific issue with no luck... I can't seem to get Active Track to fully work on my new DJI Phantom 4. I can select a subject (always a person) and it gives me the green "GO" indicator, and it will spin around in place tracking that person, but it never moves forward (or back) to actually follow the person to where they go; the P4 just stays in one place spinning left or right only to track my subject. Is there a setting I'm missing? Or a bug/defect? I just bougth this last week and have all the latest updates.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!
2016-8-23
Use props
andy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've seen this on my P4.  I can't remember how I solved it though, my notebook is back home in the office.  I think it was a setting in DJI Go somewhere, but I'll have to check when I get home this evening.

Andy
2016-8-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Highlight the object to track and then you need to tap green box to activate the tracking.
2016-8-24
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha genshi,

What they said, also you need to be 5 or 10 meters away (I forget which) from the subject when you set the connection or it will not follow.  Probably a safety issue.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hope these 2 videos can help you:

2016-8-24
Use props
genshi
lvl.1

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-24 16:55
Highlight the object to track and then you need to tap green box to activate the tracking.

Watched a weeks worth of tutorials before I even bought it, did exactly as you mentioned (Highlight the subject, tap the green box) and was a safe distance away... tried 8 times with no luck. Everything else seems to work, orbiting a Point of Interest, TaptoFly, etc.
2016-8-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

genshi Posted at 2016-8-24 13:16
Watched a weeks worth of tutorials before I even bought it, did exactly as you mentioned (Highligh ...

That's weird, I remember the first time I used it, highlighted object (a friend of mine) and it hovered with the gimbal moving and aircraft rotating, the camera was following object but aircraft was not moving. All came right when I taped on the highlighted area.
Just as a thought you say safe distance, it needs to be at least 9 feet above ground level to work.
2016-8-24
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

genshi Posted at 2016-8-24 20:16
Watched a weeks worth of tutorials before I even bought it, did exactly as you mentioned (Highligh ...

Hi, so you can get the green 'go' box to appear? is the the green 'go' button alongside/outside of the green highlighted subject,or is the 'go' button within the green highlighted subject box?
2016-8-24
Use props
genshi
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-24 21:22
Hi, so you can get the green 'go' box to appear? is the the green 'go' button alongside/outside of ...

The green Go is on the side of the highlighted subject box. Maybe I didn't "tap" it correctly? I'll try again later this afternoon...
2016-8-24
Use props
fans410b3367
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5723425 ft
United States

same happen to me, i do all proceed and nothing happen
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules