DJI GO software issue
943 5 2016-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nagoyamex
lvl.1

Japan

Hello pilots: just to share the DJI GO has a dangerous blurry window when you are flying in "special areas", I felt like some one using my drone as spy machine or even worse as spy software.
What happened  was  a serous meter DJI GO has put me in adangerous critical situation. I turner on the drone and RC , I got full green whit GpS "safe to fly" then I have not any warning window just as normal, I took off  whit a very sunny blue day, when I was 25Meters above I got a suddenly unexpected blur window asking me to select any of two options what makes blind my screen, sunny day plus an reflections in a moment I was unable to control the drone,  I try to left "fly under my responsibility " , but the foolish software did not accept my "select"  I was pushed to select both ,mI was desperate to take back the drone control in addition I can say  if I did not select both options on such blur window  I was  not allow to move or return my drone, I got so scare and worry, I even thought to turn off the drone as emergency!!! I must say I always care who is around, or about cars trying to follow the rules for" safety fly" etc, I felt DJI controls my "hobby"  seems the foot steps shows in way fun, but actually could be DJI drones are spying the world.
I am worry if this CN technology.
Have fun pilot and be carful whit the "blurry window"
JAL
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

JAL, would you please post a video clip of this "blurry window" issue? What's the mobile device do you use? Has your app been updated to the latest?
DJI respects every user's privacy. We have no reason to spy the world.
2016-8-24
Use props
nagoyamex
lvl.1

Japan

Hello, How can you request me a video of this issue when I was flying in trouble? Do you think I had plenty of time to think " I should record a video" to show DJI this issue? Of course not !! Its not my job!!!  I was so busy to land safe. I mailed to the DJI  "support" team this issue, but none one has enought training to understand this matter. I felt a "smartly" software only replies mails but withot thinking. In fact the blur whindow has blocked my screen I was not able by  my Ipad screen to control the P4, i was lucky  my P4 was near from me and .....
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not know what you mean by blurry window and it covered up your view. The DJI GO app does not have anything like that. There are overlay warnings but they only take up a small portion of the screen and you can still clearly see the video.
Also, you do not need the app to fly the aircraft, it will fly just fine without the app.
You must have been close to a authorization or no fly zone and you can easily cancel the message as long as you don't fly further into the zone.
I am sorry you had an accident but it is not of the fault of the app.
2016-8-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The first thing you need to know is that you can always fly your aircraft even without the display. It will always respond to the RC controller, whether the display is there or not. The display screen is not the primary method of control, the RC unit is. You panicked.

With regard to the 'blurry window', I suspect you flew into a restricted zone and where given a warning.

2016-8-29
Use props
nagoyamex
lvl.1

Japan

Geebax thank you
The RC did not responded to my commands during the "blurry window" after the little screen "dissapier" I took control of my P4. Thank you Pilots the zone was not restricted  because before take off i checked out all "pre fly" check list whit 20 seconds "engines on" anyway, technology must always have buds inside!!
2016-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules