Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warranty Repair?
1188 5 2016-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmelless
lvl.1
Canada

One day last week my Phantom 3 Professional failed to start up. On the screen I got "ESC Status Error" and so I contacted DJI about it.

DJI told me that it was a factory defect code and to send it back to them. DJI sent me an RMA # and a return label and off it went to California for repair.

It arrived there yesterday and I received an acknowledgment that it had been received, and later on that evening I received an email stating that it had been looked over and an invoice for $148.00 must be paid before repair could start.

Could anyone tell me why I was charged $148.00 when they told me it was a factory defect error? I'm totally confused. I also live in Canada so I didn't know whether the payment was $148.US dollars or $148. Canadian dollars so I paid $148.US dollars by PayPal. I assume they will send me back the difference if it is for $148. Canadian dollars.

Any help with this would be most appreciated. Perhaps someone from the DJI repair service department could shed some light on this for me.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Bud
Ontario, Canada
ps
My Repair Tracking Number is: 1608244KP-PH6587
2016-8-24
Use props
mfojas430
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

Why don't you contact them and ask what the issue was and why they're charging you. If it was a defect, they shouldn't charge you anything.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will look into this and get back to you.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mfojas430@insit Posted at 2016-8-25 01:15
Why don't you contact them and ask what the issue was and why they're charging you. If it was a defe ...

The report says you installed prop guards and one of the screws went into the motor and that's why you get the error.
There have been many who had the same issue buying cheap prop guards off the internet and the manufacture had too long of screws and when fully screwed in it would hit the motor windings.
2016-8-24
Use props
bmelless
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-24 15:30
The report says you installed prop guards and one of the screws went into the motor and that's why ...

First of all, my apologies for the late reply. I have some health issues (Kidney issues) and was rather ill for a few weeks.

Secondly, when I called them about the invoice they asked me if I had installed prop guards and I told them yes I had.  I understand completely the need for the charge. I just thought that although a charge of $28.00 for a motor was fair enough, a labor charge of $120. was a bit excessive.

Many thanks for your kind reply.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bmelless Posted at 2016-9-30 04:58
First of all, my apologies for the late reply. I have some health issues (Kidney issues) and was r ...

I'm sorry about that, if you don't agree you can dispute it.
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules