Video Editing Package Preferences?
1369 3 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kietzmanbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318205 ft
Canada

I think I already know the answer to this (at least on a subconcious level).

I am just getting started with photo editing (and I would liek to try video editing (4k) as well.

So.. I am faced with a choice cosidering I am "all-in" on apple currently (Macbook Pro, Mac Pro, Several iOs devices etc..)

Do I go with Aperture 79.00 (Even though it is no longer being developed) and Final Cut Pro 299.00?
Total 378.00 (one time)

OR

Adobe Lightroom+Photshop + Premier - 49.99 a month
~599.00 every year.

My pocket book says go apple even though aperture isnt being developed anymore..

What do you guys use? (Particularly interested in those of you that are apple based)

Thanks!

2015-1-28
Use props
dfry
lvl.1

United States

I would definitely NOT go with Aperture. It's a dead end so you do not want to get stuck there. I use Lightroom extensively and it's a wonderful app. Apple will be coming out with a new photo app that will probably be somewhere between iPhone and Aperture in capabilities. If you want to go exclusively Apple you might consider waiting for that.

I'm a very inexperienced video editor so I'm using iMovie, but even I feel its limitations. At some point I'll move to up to something better, either FCP or Premier.
2015-1-28
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As above I use Lightroom, also inexperienced so I use Adobe Premiere Elements 13, cost £50 to download, works well.
2015-1-28
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Premiere and Final Cut are both great. I'd say it depends on whether you want to do monthly or all at once. Nice thing about monthly is you get all new versions for same monthly price. I use Final Cut but I've been happy with prior exposure to Premiere
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules