Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI's newest Osmo, Osmo+ with Zoom
12Next >
8465 55 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-plus?from=related_products
And Osmo+ FAQ's
http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-plus?from=related_products#/faq

osmo .JPG
2016-8-25
Use props
Gellermam

Brazil

Hi, I bought a few months the osmo, would have a program to upgrade the equipment for osmo +?

Regards,
Daniel
2016-8-25
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-25 17:55
The Osmo+ is a complete unit so the upgrade would be purchasing the entire Osmo+

So you can't put this camera on an Original Osmo handle? Will it go on an Inspire? Will an Inspire camera go on the Osmo+ ?

Will the Original Osmo accessories work, such as z-axis ?
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-8-26 02:10
So you can't put this camera on an Original Osmo handle? Will it go on an Inspire? Will an Inspire ...

It will not work with the Inspire, and Z-Axis will work as both these questions are answered in the FAQ's
2016-8-25
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Thanks for the info.
Can you tell us if with this camera I can shoot without losing part of the material when the file reached 4 gb?
And what about the sound? Isnit possible to monitor the sound live through the smart phone?
2016-8-25
Use props
LenMiddx
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-25 19:25
I don't believe this camera works with the original Osmo as it's sold with the handle.
It will not ...

The current problems with the Osmo "Mk I" have been known for some time now  -- have they been fixed in the Mk II ...... or are they still there with this model?

2016-8-25
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

That's a real shame. I would have seriously thought about buying just a new camera head to have the versatility of focus and zoom. But if I have to buy the whole thing it just doubles up stuff I have to carry. Think DJI have missed the point a little here.
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-8-26 02:38
Thanks for the info.
Can you tell us if with this camera I can shoot without losing part of the mat ...

The camera is 3x optical so it would be the full image. After that is 2x digital so it will crop the image to zoom.
There's a recording level status to monitor the sound level.
2016-8-25
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

Just found this link
https://m.dji.com/product/osmo-p ... m-gimbal-and-camera

Looks like just the camera for sale...
"As with other DJI 3-axis gimbal systems, the Zenmuse X3 Zoom can be mounted onto a DJI Osmo Handle"

Or is this something different?
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gellermam Posted at 2016-8-26 00:42
Hi, I bought a few months the osmo, would have a program to upgrade the equipment for osmo +?

Regar ...

Yes, they also sell just the camera.
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Here is the web version link for just the Osmo Zoom camera/gimbal.http://store.dji.com/product/osm ... m-gimbal-and-camera
2016-8-25
Use props
michael.tristra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 769042 ft
Australia

Hi Ken,

Can you use the battery from the Osmo on the Osmo+? I noticed in the specs things like are model number, capacity, energy & voltage are different.

http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs

http://www.dji.com/product/osmo-plus/info#specs

Can you please confirm as I am looking to order accessories.
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

michael.tristra Posted at 2016-8-26 08:24
Hi Ken,

Can you use the battery from the Osmo on the Osmo+? I noticed in the specs things like are  ...

Though the + has 1225mAh instead of the 980 mAh, I believe the battery should work but I need to verify.
Since you have the Osmo already, here is the link for just the camera/gimbal.http://store.dji.com/product/osm ... m-gimbal-and-camera
2016-8-25
Use props
michael.tristra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 769042 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-26 11:37
Though the + has 1225mAh instead of the 980 mAh, I believe the battery should work but I need to v ...

Hi Ken,
I'm looking for extra batteries for the Osmo+ which I am looking to order shortly, and wondering if purchasing the Osmo battery will work in the Osmo+ without any issues. Thanks.
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

michael.tristra Posted at 2016-8-26 10:24
Hi Ken,
I'm looking for extra batteries for the Osmo+ which I am looking to order shortly, and wo ...

I addressed that in the last post, I'm sure it's fine but I need to verify.
2016-8-25
Use props
vipersl65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Holy crap.  Just the camera/gimbal of the Osmo+ to buy it and put it in the Osmo is not worth it.  Might as well buy the new set of Osmo+   $499 just for the camera?  Isnt there a program to trade in or discounted price for Osmo owners?  I even jsut bought a P4...come on now and give us a break
2016-8-25
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-25 21:45
The camera is 3x optical so it would be the full image. After that is 2x digital so it will crop t ...

Friend, you misunderstood me.

1. In original osmo, there is a known limitations of loosing a small part of the video being recorded - around 2 seconds in each file after it reached the capacity of 4 gb.  The issue was well discussed.
So in this model, are they overcome This limitation?

2. I was referring to audio live monitoring through hearing. Not by seeing the levels. It very important and was also well discussed.

2016-8-25
Use props
Ajcoomey
lvl.1
United States

So if I already own the Osmo (purchased 8-9-16...) I would be able to just purchase the Osmo+ lens? any change to return and pay for upgrade?
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Ajcoomey@me.com Posted at 2016-8-26 21:13
So if I already own the Osmo (purchased 8-9-16...) I would be able to just purchase the Osmo+ lens?  ...

The Osmo is a new camera, not just a lens.
The exchange period is 15 days, You can call 818-235-0789 and see if you are able to do an exchange. I do not work in customer service so they would have to let you know if that is possible or not.
If not, then here is the link for just the camera.
http://store.dji.com/product/osm ... m-gimbal-and-camera
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-8-26 15:47

1. In original osmo, there is a known limitations of loosing a sma ...

I will get more information for you and post when I get an answer.
2016-8-26
Use props
jimmypaez
New

I'm completely disappointed as Dji osmo costumer, after less than 10 months of purchasing the camera, Dji made the osmo just a useless unit compared with the osmo+. Dji is denying to the actuals owners to upgrade the camera. Once the osmo+ is for sale on the market, the osmo would be depreciated even more. All actual osmo users are condemned to sell and assume the lost thanks to Dji new release. Thanks Dji
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jimmypaez@msn.c Posted at 2016-8-27 08:17
I'm completely disappointed as Dji osmo costumer, after less than 10 months of purchasing the camera ...

I'm sorry you feel that way, DJI is all about innovation and introducing new products to the market is part of that. You have the same thing happen in any market, computers, cars, flat screen TV's and so on.
Your Osmo is not useless or you would have not purchased it. It's an amazing unit and the Osmo plus has zoom and a few features.
You don't have to buy the new Osmo, just like when a your computer has a newer version yours will go down in value an the new one will be better with more features.
What phone do you have, You can pay $500 for a phone and in 6 months it's worth half that and if you want the newer version you have to sell it and buy another one all over again.
The Osmo+ is available either complete, or just the camera/gimbal.
http://store.dji.com/product/osm ... m-gimbal-and-camera
2016-8-26
Use props
jimmypaez
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-27 08:31
I'm sorry you feel that way, DJI is all about innovation and introducing new products to the marke ...

Great, keep the innovation and lose clients. I'm going to choose a less innovative solution.
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jimmypaez@msn.c Posted at 2016-8-27 08:45
Great, keep the innovation and lose clients. I'm going to choose a less innovative solution.

I'm sorry you feel that way but that is the way any electronic product is.
2016-8-26
Use props
LenMiddx
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jimmypaez@msn.c Posted at 2016-8-27 01:17
I'm completely disappointed as Dji osmo costumer, after less than 10 months of purchasing the camera ...

The thing is, Jimmy, that the introduction of a 'new' Osmo isn't suddenly going to change the way that the 'old' Osmo works. If you bought the 'old' one for a particular usage, it's still going to be as good (or bad) as it was, despite the introduction of the new one.

If you bought the Osmo as a long-term investment, then I'm afraid that the return isn't going to be that good.

I shan't be selling the old one, as it was only ever intended to provide those shots that my main camcorder can't deliver.

Besides, I think I'll wait until dji have got all the bugs out of the existing one before looking at a new one that probably still has the same bugs in it.
2016-8-27
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

michael.tristra Posted at 2016-8-26 10:24
Hi Ken,
I'm looking for extra batteries for the Osmo+ which I am looking to order shortly, and wo ...

Yes, they do work. Because the Osmo+ and Osmo have the same handles, it's just the Osmo+ comes with a bigger capacity battery, but the handles and batteries, and battery extenders are all interchangeable.
2016-8-27
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-8-26 15:47

1. In original osmo, there is a known limitations of loosing a sma ...

I'm sorry to say that answers for both of your question is Negative.
2016-8-27
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So, If you have a Osmo why do we need a new camera head for Motion timelapse? You've stated the old handle can take the new camera head so I really don't it's a hardware thing. That's software, not really hardware I bet.

What If you have an Osmo Pro or RAW? You have spent a flipping fortune on the kit and now you don't get the benefits of this new entry level kit? I know customer service isn't DJI's strongpoint but this is another level of squeezing customers for money.

Edit: Adding to the point this is only a software thing for most of the feature, thier are several apps in Google Play which do things like motion timelapse. So, customer screwjob again.
2016-8-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Darrendirl Posted at 2016-8-27 18:17
So, If you have a Osmo why do we need a new camera head for Motion timelapse? You've stated the old  ...

I don't think the users of Osmo Pro/Raw are going to worry too much about motion time lapse. And I don't know how it's squeezing them for money. The Osmo+ is totally different then the Pro/Raw and if one of those people wanted zoom, they will just put a zoom lens on their Osmo.
2016-8-27
Use props
brenchen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119337 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, I've just placed an order for the Osmo+ but can't seem to find the 1225mAh batteries available separately.  I don't want to get the 980mAh version because this is my first Osmo purchase so want to stick with the default.  Is the new versions available as an accessory now or soon?  Or is the 980mAh the best I can get?
2016-8-27
Use props
john_willetts.h
lvl.1

United Kingdom

brenchen Posted at 2016-8-28 05:58
Hi, I've just placed an order for the Osmo+ but can't seem to find the 1225mAh batteries available s ...

Can anyone tell me what added value the increase in cost justifies?
2016-8-28
Use props
jojoenglish85
lvl.1
United States

^I think with the zoom capabilities you are paying for a correction that the original Osmo missed. Its going to be perfect for selfie mode now and if you wanted something better or equivilent you would need something like the X5 with a Panisonic 7-14mm lens to achieve an extreme wide open view without distortion. The Panisonic 7-14mm goes from $560+ thats used price, brand new your looking at closer to $1000+
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

brenchen Posted at 2016-8-28 12:58
Hi, I've just placed an order for the Osmo+ but can't seem to find the 1225mAh batteries available s ...

This is all brand new. As with any new product, accessories will be added in time.
Just keep looking at the site for accessories to be added, it shouldn't be long.
2016-8-28
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.3
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-28 04:39
I don't think the users of Osmo Pro/Raw are going to worry too much about motion time lapse. And I ...

Wow - love the assumptions you have made that someone who paid 2280 euro or 4300 euro (Pro / Raw pricing) won't want one of the key features DJI is marketing the cheaper but new OSMO+ with. Motion timelapse very much interests me and I'd bet money it does many other people using high kits as normally it requires lots of extra equipment. I find it hard to believe you honestly think that not including this on the existing Osmo (which is capable, you can buy apps for it) but including it on the Osmo+ isn't an attempt to get people to buy the new version. If it was a hardware based solution, sure, I could get that but it's simply not. It feels like it a business decision not to include this ins a firmware for the original Osmo. Instead we have to rely on a 10euro app to do something DJI could add to Go and give back to the customer base.

Anyway, this sounds like you are confirming that OSMO original and Raw / Pro versions are not getting motion timelapse update to the software. Is that true?
2016-8-28
Use props
spiritburner
lvl.1
Spain

brenchen Posted at 2016-8-28 12:58

Spare batteries for osmo plus are not available yet, i chatted with help, also none of the filters on dji's site will fit new camera others stuff will arms, tripod, plates etc
2016-8-29
Use props
spiritburner
lvl.1
Spain

john_willetts.h Posted at 2016-8-28 19:04
Can anyone tell me what added value the increase in cost justifies?

New camera, .5 to infinity, zoom capability, more battery power etc, more updates in software like having an iphone 6 and updating to 6plus

Orderd mine night I got the email as I heard one was coming out and held off as i noticed the other osmo prices had dropped, same for gopro here in spain no shops are gettings 4's in anymore no stock available they are being told 5 will be out very soon, spain is not like the uk for holding back information they will tell you and let you buy it as soon as they have it none of this we have it in stock and cant sell it to day 10 if we have it we sell it! Also we have a lot of sun
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Darrendirl Posted at 2016-8-29 06:38
Wow - love the assumptions you have made that someone who paid 2280 euro or 4300 euro (Pro / Raw p ...

Everything is so new, we'll have to wait and see what features cross over.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

spiritburner Posted at 2016-8-29 18:39
Spare batteries for osmo plus are not available yet, i chatted with help, also none of the filters ...

Batteries will be available soon. The regular Osmo batteries work also, just a little less capacity.Filters are different, but all the other accessories like base plate and whatever connects to the Osmo are all interchangeable.
2016-8-29
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.3
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 15:43
Everything is so new, we'll have to wait and see what features cross over.

Perhaps you should help that conversation by taking all of the unhappy threads asking why the original OSMO is not getting the motion timelapse feature. Feels like I'm not the only one feeling screwed here.
2016-8-29
Use props
yousaidit
New

Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 22:33
I did not say it's not getting it. It may or may not, we don't know. Wait and see what happens.

So the old filters doesn't fit in the new osmo+? If not, when should we expect new ones?
2016-8-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules