DJI Repair Service - Cracks
953 6 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
james.mcmillan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

I'm a new P3S owner and this is my first post.  I want to share my experience with DJI's service group.  I flew my P3S for about 2 weeks (no crashes, not even a hard landing) and noticed cracks forming on the underside of the shell by the motors.  Based on what I read in this forum, it seemed as though this would be a warrantee repair.  I did an online chat with DJI, which included a picture that I uploaded.  I was given the advice to contact DJI support group via email explaining the problem, again with a picture.  DJI emailed me an RMA and return instructions.  Shipping labels arrived the following day.  As I live in OH, it took 6 days for my P3S to reach the CA repair center via UPS ground.  According to UPS, my P3S was received by the service center last Tuesday late afternoon (8/16).  According to DJI's status reports, my P3S was inspected on Wednesday and confirmed to be a warrantee repair.  The P3S was repaired, tested and shipped back to me on Thursday.  I received my P3S yesterday (Wednesday, 8/24).  The repair receipt said both the top and bottom pieces of the shell were replaced.  I had taped my FAA registration numbers to the underside of the P3S, which had been retaped onto the new shell.  I was only able to test the P3S last evening for a few minutes because of impending rain, but all seemed to be fine.  Instructions were even included on how to relink the controller.

In all aspects, my experience with DJI was excellent.  The cracks problem was taken care of in about the minimum time that could be hoped for, with status reports available for my review every step of the way.  I hope that the cracks issue was caused either by a bad batch of shells or a manufacturing problem, not a design flaw.  I guess I'll have to wait and see on that.

With respect to the P3S's performance, I'm very happy.  While I've only gone out about 1,650 feet (that's at about my VLOS), I've experienced no loss of signal.

Just one other note:  I really love Autopilot.  I'm extremely impressed with it.

2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much for posting your experience, we really appreciate it.
2016-8-25
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Just curious what "Autopilot" is in reference to DJI or Phantom's?
2016-8-25
Use props
james.mcmillan
lvl.2
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-8-25 16:31
Just curious what "Autopilot" is in reference to DJI or Phantom's?

Autopilot and Litchi are 3rd party apps (there are probably others) that, among other things, expand on the intelligent flight modes in the DJI Go app.  In my opinion, Autopilot is the more fully featured of the two.  While quite deep in terms of its capabilities, I find it's functionality quite easy to learn and access successfully.  You can find it in the Apple apps store (I typed "dji autopilot" and found it.)
2016-8-25
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

james.mcmillan Posted at 2016-8-25 17:31
Autopilot and Litchi are 3rd party apps (there are probably others) that, among other things, expa ...

Okay cool, thanks! I will check it out.
2016-8-26
Use props
oconolsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1627792 ft
Malaysia

Hi. Did the postage fee covered by DJI?
2016-8-28
Use props
james.mcmillan
lvl.2

Yes. DJI emailed the (prepaid) shipping labels to me.
2016-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules