Ronin M or Ronin MX for Sony A6300? Future Proof?
1741 3 2016-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bonafideone
lvl.1

United States

When i saw that the Ronin MX was announced back at NAB 2016. I had my eyes set on buying it and waited patiently for its release. When it finall did come out. I heard there were a bit of problems with the MX and seems like it is getting some negative feedback. I am looking for something that is future proof when I do end up upgrading for larger cameras. I hear that the MX can hold more weight than the M can. Can someone give me some insight on the MX whether i should buy it or should just get the M? The price gap between the two is very small.

Thanks-Andrew
2016-8-26
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Get the Mx, i bought the M and 2 months later they anounced the mx, i havent used mine for larger cameras yet, but i like the future proofing of the gear
I own, since i can't afford buying more than 1
2016-8-27
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

I'm thinking of selling my ronin-M before it gets to used, i like the new features of the MX, i didn't feel the need of using any new features from the mx compared to the M but i will love to have them if someday y need, like the advance motor tunning, gps, cage, extra battery for accesories and the 1kg more payload.
2016-8-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It really depends on whether you see yourself doing aerial filming as well. If you think that you would be getting into aerial photography, then you would want the Ronin MX. If you only see yourself doing ground work, then the classic Ronin may actually be the best course of action since that would definitely allow for you to use larger cameras in the future.
2016-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules