Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Landing Gear recalibration always fail (resolved)
6752 9 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucien
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35574 ft
France

Hi,

Yesterday I tried my M600 for the first time. All was okay, the landing gear led was solid green so normal behaviour.

When I tried to rise the landing gears, only the left one rose. But the right one didn't rose. So I wanted to land, and I lowered the left landing gear without any problem.

I thought about doing a recalibration of the landing gears, but when I do, I get immediately a solid yellow led. The landing gears do nothing, and I get an error. I tried several times without any success.

I removed the two springs (I forgot the first time), the connections seems correct, a friend of mine was taking the M600 off the ground.
I pressed and hold the SET button during power on one of the batteries, and I released it when I eard the bip sound. Then the landing gear led was blinking yellow fast, so I pressed the SET button again but I got immediately a solid yellow led that tells an error has occured...

Does anyone has any clue about this ?

Lucien.
2016-8-28
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello Lucien,
I am sure you have assembled things correctly however for reference, on the landing gear connection block the middle connection is the wire from the landing servo attached to the connection block, I hope that makes sense. If you had a green to start with it must be correct. There are a number of times when I have had to repeat a process to get the firmware to be recognised. The imu for pro system took three attempts to be recognised.  Maybe exercise the servo manually through its full up to down to feel if it has a tight spot, though it recommends not to in the manual, you have to test it somehow. Run the calibrate a few times if you already haven't done so or even remove the leg to take off the load then calibrate. I will have a closer look at mine to see if there is a possible cause.
good luck
r
2016-8-28
Use props
Lucien
lvl.3
France

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-28 15:34
Hello Lucien,
I am sure you have assembled things correctly however for reference, on the landing ge ...

Hi ricci2,

Thank you for responding !

I checked and I can confirm you that the servo with the connection block is indeed linked on the middle port.

I had a solid green light on first flight yesterday but when I saw there was only one landing gear rising I thought it needed a calibration (didn't know what do) so I tried to do one.

But I can't manage to make it work so now I have a blinking green light that means I have to calibrate the landing gear, but it keeps failing and failing...

I also tried moving the landing gears (without the springs) with my hand and I didn't notice any problems...

I'm going to try without the legs, who knows...

I'm wondering if it's not a faulty left servo :/

Lucien
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Lucien Posted at 2016-8-28 21:44
Hi ricci2,

Thank you for responding !

Did you purchase this unit from the DJI Website or from a dealer? Have you contacted the DJI Europe Support Team for a potential repair service?
2016-8-28
Use props
Lucien
lvl.3
France

Hi,

Thank you very much for trying to help me.

I called the technical assistance of my local dealer to explain my problem and after a 15min call the only track was to revert the two servos pins and see what happens.

I tried a new calibration that (as expected) failed. Then I reverted the two pins of the servos. I start one battery and hold the SET button to try (again) a new calibration. The two landing gears rose up instantly and stayed in that position. They were blocked. I stop the drone and manually lowered the two landing gears. I told myself "okay maybe one servo was just stuck and now it's free". So I put back the cable on the right order, and when trying a new calibration the left landing gear move up by 5mm, the right one also by 5mm and then the system LED turned to solid green !

I went out to try it. It flew perfectly and the landing gears both rose up as expected on the first flight !

Don't know exactly what the issue was. In my opinion, one of my servos was a little stucked, and reverting the pins of the servos unblock it.

Thank you very much for your help !
2016-8-31
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Lucien Posted at 2016-8-31 20:56
Hi,

Glad you are up and running. Might pay to do plenty of dry testing on the back of two chairs because if it fails it will be when you have the best camera underneath plus ask the agent to get a replacement one anyway as its still under warranty.

r
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Lucien Posted at 2016-9-1 02:56
Hi,

Thank you for the update.
2016-9-1
Use props
Russ_Wildlife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5249157 ft
  • >>>
Botswana

I am having this same problem, no matter what I do it won't calibrate the landing gear, how does one sort this problem out?
2017-3-10
Use props
mabrowning
lvl.1

United States

I am also having the same problem. My servos are the 'G' labeled ones with a mechanical interlock to prevent swapping L/R servos. If I move the arms up before powering on the aircraft, both legs deploy downward (though the left seems to struggle), but they don't move or make any sound during calibration, it just swaps to solid yellow after a few seconds.
2017-9-4
Use props
Maptix
lvl.1

Mexico

mabrowning Posted at 2017-9-4 11:50
I am also having the same problem. My servos are the 'G' labeled ones with a mechanical interlock to prevent swapping L/R servos. If I move the arms up before powering on the aircraft, both legs deploy downward (though the left seems to struggle), but they don't move or make any sound during calibration, it just swaps to solid yellow after a few seconds.

So one thing they do not tell you and its CRITICAL to get the landing gear calibration working again after replacing a servo is the following

There's 2 types of calibration done on the G motors, HARDWARE calibration and SOFTWARE calibration.

When you replace one of the servos for what ever reason you NEED to recalibrate the legs via hardware.

If you start the software calibration (turning on the drone with the landing gear calibration pin pressed) and your drone leg "twiches"  before going up and down a little bit, and then failing, that means your legs are not properly MECHANICALLY calibrated.

To recalibrate the legs MECHANICALLY (and i cant believe this is not said anywhere, seriously DJI??),

1: Turn off the drone
2: REMOVE both servos from the 4 screws holding them to the landing gear brackets, let the servos "hang" in the air
3: Turn the drone on with the pin pressed, BUT DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTON AGAIN YET!! the servos will make a noise and re-set themselves to the LANDING GEAR LOWERED position
4: Lower your landing gear manually to the locked lowered position and insert/screw the servos back into place and tighten
5: Now press the button again to finish the calibration procedure, the legs will go up and down a little bit and you are done.

We had to replace a servo that stripped due to a hard landing, and after hours of trying to figure this out we eventually got it on the 734th try of trial and error, we hope this saves other people a lot of aggravation.

I'm not sure why DJI does not tell you this anywhere but here you go we hope it helps others.
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules