DJI GO causing Samsung S7 to restart
67303 420 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicolai.haak
New
Flight distance : 94193 ft

Germany

Hey, i have this problem too. I start the RC, and Plugged the usb cable between RC and S7. Then DJI GO starts automatic. I can fly 2 - 3 minutes. Then the Phone reboot.
2016-10-17
Use props
sealine150
lvl.1
Flight distance : 556463 ft
Greece

Hello everyone,i have exactly the same problem, And also, after last dji update i have seen black and white stripes on my s7's screen during video record or photo mode. In sd card video seems good but i cant see anything in live screen will its on fly.

2016-10-17
Use props
phil.wittmann
lvl.1

Germany

I also have big Problems since 3.0.0.

I am using a S7 Edge and a Nexus 9...

On the S7 the App crashes immediately and restarts the Phone.

On the nexus9 the App is crashing after a few seconds or Minutes.

No Chance to fly anymore.

App crashes random when connected with the phantom 4. Mostly it crashes after a few seconds. Sometimes when the Bird is on the ground, sometimes when it is in The air. I can Not reproduce what's the Deal with it.

Also reinstalled the App and deleted all App Data.

Earlier App Version worked just fine...
2016-10-17
Use props
juanpf
lvl.1

Argentina

Yesterday I upgraded the remote controller to firmware version 1.8.0, restart problems were not solved.
2016-10-17
Use props
tableris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2988835 ft
Lithuania

As somebody wrote before problem isn't  in DJI software. Problem is in video playback wich produced by dji software. Video file posted before shows it perfectly. So problem is in Samsung video playback.

2016-10-17
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865236 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A big welcome to our new members!
Dont expect a fix soon tho
Samsung are very busy with exploding phones atm
and DJI are very busy tightening the nuts on 18 million new Mavics which have been sold and none delivered.
In the meantime feel free to use your Phantom as a door stop
2016-10-17
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

phil.wittmann Posted at 2016-10-17 22:33
I also have big Problems since 3.0.0.

I am using a S7 Edge and a Nexus 9...

What version app are you running exactly?
2016-10-17
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Problem solved here in Greece with the latest ota security upgrade! Updated 2 hours ago I am flying for an hour now trying to push every single button that caused crashes and S7 remained solid! When playing the video that causes crashing though phone restarts but maybe that's another issue.
I wish that the problem is really solved.
Screenshot_20161018-112702.png
2016-10-18
Use props
RyanAir
lvl.1

Germany

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-10-18 08:09

Like i already told...

Gonna Test it with the new Samsung Update which was released today.

Already downloaden it and gonna test after work in the evening.
2016-10-18
Use props
RyanAir
lvl.1

Germany

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-10-18 08:09

Like i already told...

I used 3.0.0

Gonna test it with the new Samsung Update which was released today.

Already downloaded it and gonna test after work in the evening.
2016-10-18
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sealine150 Posted at 2016-10-17 20:57
Hello everyone,i have exactly the same problem, And also, after last dji update i have seen black an ...

are these diagonal zebra stripes?? If they are then its used identify over exposed area in the footage. If they vertical lines, then you may have and issue.
2016-10-18
Use props
armin-barth
New

9above Posted at 2016-10-18 16:32
Problem solved here in Greece with the latest ota security upgrade! Updated 2 hours ago I am flying  ...

Can´t confirm this for German users. Just did this Update on my S7 and the Updates on Phantom 4, still rebooting

What about you guys? Anoyone tried?
2016-10-18
Use props
RyanAir
lvl.1

Germany

armin-barth Posted at 2016-10-18 18:56
Can´t confirm this for German users. Just did this Update on my S7 and the Updates on Phantom 4,  ...

I am from Germany too.
Installed the newest Samsung Update today and:  tadaaa !!!

It is working right now.

No Crash atm.
Could not fly on real conditions because it is too late now. Only connected the Phone to the Remote Controller.
No Reboot on the Phone is a First Step in the right Direction.
Gonna give u further Informations after i get the Chance to fly outside.

Edit:
Okayyy.... Like i already told, no immediate Crash.

But now i am experiencing random reboots...

So all in all: Epic Fail!!!!
2016-10-18
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Epic fail in Greece too!
1st day all perfect even trying too hard to make it crash!
2nd day crashing every single moment I was pushing the record button... fffff.. strange things are happening..
Just ordered a used ipod mini 2. DJI won.. =(
2016-10-19
Use props
Giuseppe1
lvl.1

Germany

pawel.paczkow@g Posted at 2016-9-11 13:44
!!!! TUTORIAL HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITCH LATEST S7 FIRMWARE !!! Everything you do at you own risk! ...

Hello pawel.paczkow,

I have this problem since a long time.. your solution is a bit worrying... I think its the only one I have, So I decided to give it a try!
I went on http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model and didn't find the right the correct Marshmallows 6.0 for my S7 edge model = "SM-G935FD"
Where else can I find the right version for my model ?

Thx,
Giuseppe
2016-10-19
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Sad..
No updates even here.. I guess everyone has accepted it and we are just selling our phones..
I would like to know if the same thing was happening to iphone 6 or 7 what the reaction of DJI would be like.. =(
2016-10-21
Use props
RyanAir
lvl.1

Germany

9above Posted at 2016-10-21 10:13
Sad..
No updates even here.. I guess everyone has accepted it and we are just selling our phones..

Swtiched Back to an older App Version...

This is the only way to find a working alternative.

I recommend everyone NOT to flash an other Rom to the phone.

Please be clear about the fact: the problem is caused by the App / the drone.

Older App Versions are working on the S7.
So DJI should fix it, Not Samsung.
2016-10-21
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

RyanAir Posted at 2016-10-21 11:20
Swtiched Back to an older App Version...

This is the only way to find a working alternative.

Wow!.. are you sure about it? what version are you using?
And how can you explain the fact that litchi also reboots the phone since the august update?
2016-10-21
Use props
RadekP3P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459439 ft
Poland

I was trying few versions of DJI app, but no effect ....

After downgrade my S7 edge to G935FXXS1APG3 everything works with no restarts . So for today it is the best way to do .
2016-10-21
Use props
RyanAir
lvl.1

Germany

9above Posted at 2016-10-21 12:49
Wow!.. are you sure about it? what version are you using?
And how can you explain the fact that li ...

I am using 2.8.4.

For me, this is working absolutely stable...

Cant Tell anything about litchi, because i dont use it...
2016-10-21
Use props
ericnietodesand
lvl.1

Spain

Yesterday I received an update to my S7 and I was very exited thinking about the problem would be solved, but it keeps restarting as we are used in the last 2 months, I'm thinkig about searching an other phone for using the drone.
2016-10-22
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Should we send back our drones to DJI since they are not anymore compatible with a phone it use to be???
2016-10-22
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

Rek Posted at 2016-10-23 02:27
Should we send back our drones to DJI since they are not anymore compatible with a phone it use to b ...

Please learn how to read the previous posts before commenting something stupid over here
2016-10-22
Use props
orinoco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 891539 ft
Turkey

Hello everybody.
Have same rebooting problem with my galaxy s7.
Need to say that I also have Galaxy tab s2 (t719) and this device also doesn't work perfect , there another problem. It's connects to rc controller only when you rebot tab with connected rc. Damn...
2016-10-22
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

AngYC Posted at 2016-10-22 20:35
Please learn how to read the previous posts before commenting something stupid over here

I read everything has to do with this problem and i realized that dji doesn't even care about our problem and since my phone  is working perfectly and never reboots i can only blame dji go app.I cannot understand why are you making insulting remarks.
2016-10-23
Use props
rudiberens
New

THX to Ryanair! I've tried out ypur solution to downgrade my DJI Go version to 2.8.4 and I can confirm that it is working on my S7.
The 3.0.0 version was running on my wifes S5.
So I hope it will be a temporary solution for you all that helps flying your Phantom.
By the way, I have downloaded the app om apkplz.com.

Have a great flight!

2016-10-23
Use props
rudiberens
New

RyanAir Posted at 2016-10-21 20:26
I am using 2.8.4.

For me, this is working absolutely stable...

Vielen Dank. Das hat mir geholfen.

Gruß Rudi
2016-10-23
Use props
patrick.schipho
New

Netherlands

Ik transfered Some movies filmed with my s5/dji to my edge7. Even when i few this movies my s7 reboots.
2016-10-23
Use props
tableris
lvl.3
Lithuania

I think we all need to find any similar thread on Samsung oficial page. Anybody knows any oficial samsung pages about this problem ?
2016-10-23
Use props
patrick.schipho
New

Netherlands

http://www.phonearena.com/news/S ... le-charging_id86908
2016-10-24
Use props
Noizer77
lvl.1

Russia

Hello to all forum members! I have long tried different options and ways to solve the problem and there is no result. All the talk about the downgrade DJI GO program are meaningless because It is not in the program and not in copter / remote control / firmware. The point is the security update on your smartphone S7 / S7EDGE. I contacted the technical support DJI and they recognize this problem, pointing to a possible solution only by Samsung. So all your findings and try to give nothing. The DJI I was recommended to change the device and it is the only solution. Sorry for my English
2016-10-24
Use props
danja
New

Australia

Are DJI serious in saying that the only fix to this problem is getting another device?
That is completely ridiculous!!

With this many people having the same problem, surely they feel obliged to correct it........
2016-10-24
Use props
augustinlucici
lvl.1

Romania

Hello everybody!
I tried to downgrade the DJI GO app to 2.8.4. Still reboots on my S7 Edge
2016-10-24
Use props
tableris
lvl.3
Lithuania

augustinlucici Posted at 2016-10-25 06:36
Hello everybody!
I tried to downgrade the DJI GO app to 2.8.4. Still reboots on my S7 Edge  ...

OMG !! are you reading this thread ?  All members already knows PROBLEM NOT IN DJI SOFTWARE! Problem is in video wich  prodused by drone. Phone reboots with DJ GO, LItchi and even with any video player wich try to play saved drone video. Problem is in phone firmware. Only solution for us at the moment is Samsung firmware downgrade. Or we All need to push this problem to samsung directly.  But everybody knows what samsung now is in big trouble with note7 and most engineers works on that (even samsung galaxy s8 developing is disabled at this moment)
2016-10-24
Use props
info1029
New

Since the last update (3 days ago) my S7 won't restart anymore while flying the p4. I flew 2 times around 300m with video recording. I will do some more tests this weekend to fully confirm it.
2016-10-25
Use props
gary.gluckman
lvl.1

South Africa

I tested flying this weekend and DJI GO App and Litchi App both cause the phone to restart once the camera video feed starts. Although intermittent, I think Litchi was more reliable....I could fly for several minutes before the phone would reboot. When it did occur, I would take my hands of the remote and let the craft hover wherever it was...in most cases out of site and wait for the phone to restart and I would then launch the Litchi App and wait for the camera video feed to come back on and continue flying from there. On a flight flight maybe 20 minutes it probably restarted 2-3 times.
2016-10-25
Use props
Portal Imagenes
lvl.2

Dominican Republic

I download the new dji go app today and tested. It does not make my s7edge phone restart but keeps the other problem that is a flicker image after 3 minutes of drone starting, either flying or not. So is useless for flying on a safe way with my Ph4.  
Here are some screenshots of the problem.

So in meanwhile i will be using my ipad air 2, but i prefer to use my phone !!!
Screenshot_20161025-113930.png
Screenshot_20161025-113936.png
Screenshot_20161025-113942.png
Screenshot_20161025-113947.png
2016-10-25
Use props
xspower
New

Australia

AngYC Posted at 2016-10-4 12:22
Here's the video file that will cause your phone to reboot in broken firmware, even you play it with ...

Samsung software update that was released today in Australia has fixed the playback of this video file on my S7 edge.
2016-10-25
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865236 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hallelujah girls and boys in Australia with Telstra... Can we pop the champagne after 6 weeks? I hope so gunna fly tomorrow but atm its not rebooting with the new Samsung software BPIT
2016-10-26
Use props
Benjamin_Harris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135476 ft

Australia

I've just done the update and been for a fly with no reboots. it is basically dark here so there wasn't much video feed. Ill try again in the morning.
Fingers crossed. sick of flying with a cheap $50 Chinese tablet.
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules