DJI GO causing Samsung S7 to restart
67380 420 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danja
New

Australia

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-26 16:05
Hallelujah girls and boys in Australia with Telstra... Can we pop the champagne after 6 weeks? I hop ...

How did you go? Did you manage to fly without any phone restarts?
Also, did you update the DJI Go app or the phone's operating system?
Just wondering as i'm also in Australia and having the same problem.......
2016-10-26
Use props
Noizer77
lvl.1

Russia

xspower Posted at 2016-10-26 12:08
Samsung software update that was released today in Australia has fixed the playback of this video  ...

You can find your firmware version of the smartphone? Screenshot from the firmware is ideally located in the forum, please.
2016-10-26
Use props
gary.gluckman
lvl.1

South Africa

I was getting the same restart on a google nexus tablet as well on my Samsung S7 edge.....so is it an android issue? Samsung?
2016-10-27
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

Case Closed! Samsung released a new firmware update.

(It might take some time to reach your region/carrier)

Playing this video file doesn't cause any reboot anymore.

https://app.box.com/s/wcvhnrf6scgx3xfytw6nzofe0n0bom9r
Screenshot_20161028-111701.png
2016-10-27
Use props
RocdOrsay
lvl.1

The latest S7 FW update has arrived here in Switzerland three days ago. With DJI GO 3.0 the Phantom was flying for about 3 minutes. After attempting to take a photo, the S7 reboots in midair.
I have upgraded DJI GO to 3.0.1, now the phone reboots immediately, not even possible to take off!
P4 and remote are on the latest FW.
Tried to downgrade DJI GO to 2.8.4 as suggested in an earlier post, but no success...
So the case is not clsed for me.
Even if the problem is with Samsung, DJI should make an attempt to solve the problem.
2016-10-29
Use props
qsg2547
lvl.1
Indonesia

AngYC Posted at 2016-10-28 11:42
Case Closed!  Samsung released a new firmware update.

(It might take some time to reach your reg ...

I got it on Jakarta indonesia, about 150 Mb..

Will try it later..
2016-10-29
Use props
ingpacheba10
lvl.1

Mexico

Hi

today i instaled the last S7 update, and flew 2 times with full charge bateries but was disapointing, my S7 reboot 6 times. I thought that would be the solution. i feel frustrated.

{:4_142:}
2016-10-29
Use props
pipaphotowork
lvl.1

Indonesia

qsg2547 Posted at 2016-10-29 20:06
I got it on Jakarta indonesia, about 150 Mb..

Will try it later..

Udah update dan lancar kah om?
2016-10-30
Use props
fans591c7e9a
lvl.1

Mexico

i had to bring back to life my old motorola X. App working good without problem. Samsung S7 sucks.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans0219d4cb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2246670 ft
Australia

Samsung s7 all working with no shutdown 3 flights video and photos
2016-11-3
Use props
Dave L.
New

Poland

Hello everyone

I'm very interested in "DJI Mavic Pro" - the reviews are great for this drone - good job DJI Team! I already have Windos Phone and it's great opportunity to change it to something else, especially for mavic's controller.

I'm, also in love with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - the price tag for used one is about the same as for (also used) Apple iPhone 6(s), but the second one is much worse overall (as smartphone).

My question: Even if somehow the problem with re-booting Samsung S7 (Edge) in "DJI Go" app (and/or "Litchi") will be fixed - the overall performance (lag, etc.) will be still worse then any other iOS device (iPhone 6)?

I'm consider just stop researching these thread and just buy both these smartphones - Apple as controller, and Samsung as phone, but I need to be sure before I made my move.

Thanks in advice!
2016-11-3
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

New P4 and S7 Edge user here. I disabled the fast cable charging in anticipation of connecting to the P4. So far I'm pleased to say I've had no issues.
2016-11-3
Use props
Portal Imagenes
lvl.2

Dominican Republic

I installed the latest dji go update and tried it. It keeps rebooting my s7 edge, but the video feed is clear now .

I keep testing for 35 minutes and in that time i count 12 reboots of my cel phone. Keeps being useless. {:4_142:} {:4_154:}

Meanwhile using my ipad air 2.
2016-11-3
Use props
user7dfc3afa84
New

Brazil

Dear dji,
Or Samsung, for what matters, I ve purchased your very expensive products, an S7 and a P4... and after an initial successful begin, it has been a nightmare to use your devices. Particularly  have to say that since the latest update, I wasn't able to fly without a restart of my controlling device. I m currently travelling and I do not have neither the budget nor the time to go and fix this issue myself.
Please fix the issue.
There are thousands of users frustrated for this issue and the market will soon know that dji doesn't offer a great support at all if we don't get a solution for this. It has been more than 2 months now.
PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE.
If it's not you dji, than get in touch with Samsung and FIX THE ISSUE.
You are infringing the customer support rules and regulations.
Again.... FIX THE ISSUE.

THANKS.
2016-11-5
Use props
fans1a13076f
New

New Zealand

This is not unique to Samsung. I am having the same issue on my LG G5.

I have been using my G5 with DJI Go for months with no problems. Yesterday I used my P3 Pro and my G5 kept restarting. I thought maybe it was something to do with the phone so I tried my wifes S7, same issue.

So this cannot be Samsungs fault, it has to be an update of DJI Go that has caused the issue as there have not been any Android updates since the issue started on my G5
2016-11-5
Use props
RocdOrsay
lvl.1

Have tried to disable Fast Charging as suggested by Revs. but no success, it reboots...

I have installed recently the Pix4 D capture app which is a powerful app for mapping. However, after about 2 mins. of flight and several photos taken in free flight mode, my P4 and S7 Edge also reboots.

So I think the problem is not only the DJO Go app, but anything between smartphone <-> controller <-> drone. If you are lucky to have some old/other smartphones or tablets, just unse them. My old S4 and my Samsung Tablet SM T520 are working perfectly. The S7E is definitely a nogo for me.
2016-11-6
Use props
goga.michal9
New
Flight distance : 429678 ft
Slovakia

It´s funny how unpredictable the reboots are. One day I had like 5 reboots in 5 minutes, mostly while taking photos with the shutter button on the controler (in this case the pictures were even stored in my phone which is unusual and I honestly think that there might be a problem in the media transfer from the controler to the phone as it doesn´t save the photos when there´s no reboot). However I was able to record the video without any troubles. The other day I had no reboot at all while shooting video and pictures as well. I´ve upgraded the controler software a few days ago and it seems to be working good so far. I´m using Samsung S7 Edge and flying Phantom 3 Advanced.
Just like everyone else I´m hoping that this issue will be fixed as soon as possible!
2016-11-6
Use props
Nicu210
New

Romania

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-9-9 03:18
so true!

I never under stood why folks always blame dji for every phone/tablet issue

I have the same problem (Phantom 4 / S7E). Reboots randomly between 10 seconds and 1 minute. Before I used S5 and it worked perfectly.
Why DJI? because DJI designed a drone that works with our phones and not Samsung designed a phone that works with a drone!
I expected a little professionalism from DJI moderators. too many answers with '' I think '', '' probably '' etc.
It is inadmissible to pray for them to solve such a problem! And it's already an old problem!
2016-11-7
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Nicu210 Posted at 2016-11-7 05:39
I have the same problem (Phantom 4 / S7E). Reboots randomly between 10 seconds and 1 minute. Befor ...

they both clearly need address issues caused by updates and NEW products.
based upon what you said we have a APP, DJI GO in use , your s5 etc work perfectly. great!

Now a brand NEW product arrives , the S Edge, and you load a APP that is ALREADY LIVE AND WORKING.

It doesn't work well with the NEW product...
What changed?
Who made a modification to how things work?
What exactly did Samsung do DIFFERENTLY on this product.
and so on and so on.

Darn you DJI , how could you NOT know in ADVANCE how to fix this......

DJI and GO have many, many issues and problems ,
but somethings are not always the Go app.

now had the EDGE been working fine and a GO  APP caused it to not work
then THAT would be on DJI for sure!

good luck and have fun flying
2016-11-7
Use props
Nicu210
New

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-11-8 02:18
they both clearly need address issues caused by updates and NEW products.
based upon what you said ...

First of all, I was trying all was suggested here. Or almost...No results!
Second, believe me, I am not in love with Samsung and certainly neither DJI!
I think the responsibility lies entirely to DJI which selling a drone that rely on mobile! Or perhaps they figured that everybody will buy only one type of phone?
Third, this issue is from 3 months' and we received only suggestions! Expects to occur the new version of Samsung as not to bother twice?
Just I cannot understand them. Perhaps a few unhappy customers does not matter...
THREE MONTHS AND NO RESULTS!?
Expect us to solve? To solve itself? What they did in this time? Which is their occupation? Chinese food?
It’s unbelievable!

Or maybe they do not know these discussions and I say nonsense!
Please, someone must announce them!
2016-11-8
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Well reading the above about being able to watch a video file that previously caused a reboot I just checked my S7Edge, as I know there's a file on there that does that - and it played fine.

Yes I had an update recently, October 18th here in Malaysia.

2016-11-8
Use props
GustavL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

Still the same old story......... reboot......fly.......reboot........fly..........reboot on S7
2016-11-8
Use props
userda991d1f24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Someone said on a previous post that if you disable fast charging on your Samsung mobiles it fly's with no issues (rebooots) works fine for me. (Note: when you disable fast charging and then go to fly the drone in the dji go app your phone will reboot but once back on it doesn't reboot again )
2016-11-8
Use props
fans2e847c12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45991 ft
Ecuador

We need an urgent solution with the problem between the Dji application and the S7 Edge telephone because it is required by the engineers of DJI the solution and support to the customers and users who use their equipment as a brand that gives support and help in These kinds of problems. We demand urgent solution.
2016-11-8
Use props
fansfe67f97f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1471824 ft
Australia

My Samsung Galaxy s7 restrat as well with dji phantom 3 standard wifi connection. Tested with 2 dji phantom and same. So, I am using my Samsung Galaxy s4 and working fine. Issue with dji go app.
2016-11-8
Use props
fanscb2d43ee
lvl.1

Good news from Germany.

After the last Samsung Firmware Update (219mb) it seems like the problem is solved.

No random restarts during flight, and the video posted a few pages ago doesn't bring the S7 to restart.
2016-11-10
Use props
fans0ab90c60
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2988835 ft
Lithuania

fanscb2d43ee Posted at 2016-11-10 13:25
Good news from Germany.

After the last Samsung Firmware Update (219mb) it seems like the problem i ...

Can you make screenshot of about page ? Or write software version number
2016-11-10
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

No Update Available for Portugal YET
2016-11-10
Use props
fanscb2d43ee
lvl.1

fanscb2d43ee Posted at 2016-11-11 07:11
Of course, here the screenshot:

Of course. Here the screenshot:
Screenshot_20161111-001008.jpg
2016-11-10
Use props
taden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2988835 ft
Lithuania

fanscb2d43ee Posted at 2016-11-11 01:12

Thank you so problem will be solved with G935.... firmware. In my location at the moment G930 is last version, so in couple more week everything will be ok.
2016-11-10
Use props
fansdddb1e14
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

fanscb2d43ee Posted at 2016-11-11 01:12

You mean ...BPJE firmware.
G935 is Galaxy S7 Edge's first letters firmware sequence and G930 is S7's.
So you have a S7 mobile phone.. =)
2016-11-11
Use props
user7dfc3afa84
New

Brazil

I m running PJE ( which is the latest firmware release for my S7) but still restarts continuously. I disabled fast charging and enabled only charging in USB mode.
Still restarting like crazy.
I wrote to dji and they suggested to use another device.
I told them to buy me one.
2016-11-12
Use props
pech.tomas
lvl.1

Czechia

I have got g935 and it keep s restarting so dont worry it will not help. Probably android nougat update will make solution. Merry christmas
2016-11-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

My Thoughts are if you are running The DJI app, and the Litchi app, on the same device that very well could be creating a conflict. Easy to find out i can't i have an s5 so some of you are going to have to uninstall the Litchi app on your devices and report back the findings here so folks know if it's that or not..Reboot your devices after uninstall..If that didn't fix it you can always re-download the Litchi app. Fingers crossed it's that easy and cheap...... My Thoughts anyway *PEACE* Drone On.  .
2016-11-13
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Only think worked was to downgrade phone in previous version,(before August 2016) it works now after several flights without any problem with Dji Go and Litchi too.
2016-11-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Rek Posted at 2016-11-13 02:50
Only think worked was to downgrade phone in previous version,(before August 2016) it works now after ...

So something happened in the update of the phone, but still doesn't rule out a conflict problem because you have taken your phone back to a pre-dated  Date, or i guess Down-Grade. The conflict may have popped up because of the update to the phone. So hopefully some will try and still report back. The worst thing that can happen is you spent time unistalling an app The best thing that can happen is  that it was the problem and folks are back enjoying their Quadcopter no money spent. But now there are some problems arising from the New Phantom 4's Latest Firmware update just yesterday..... My Bird lost video mid flight today  and don't know what has caused that Happened first and only flight after firmware update till i go to a very large field tomorrow and see if it does it again.

(Edit) I had to download Galaxy Smart Switch on my phone and that was for my s5 so again i don't know if that helps any
2016-11-13
Use props
Modestas
New

Lithuania

I have the same problem. I cannot operate my Phantom 4 with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge because it keeps restarting.

I can't believe how carelessly DJI team is dealing with this problem. You provide us top notch device but it don't work with top notch phone. How is this possible?

Please make an official announcement that it is being fixed and when is the possible fix date. Make a notification in DJO GO app. Why do I have to search for this information in forums?
2016-11-13
Use props
mrnoid
lvl.1

7.0 beta solves the problem. No restarts during the flight or when playing the video posted earlier on this forum.
2016-11-13
Use props
fansf45ae077
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

May not be related to all of the S7 problems: My Samsung Tab S started rebooting constantly and I investigated an android column online. After eliminating FW as the issue they recommended uninstalling apps starting with the most recent installed. This solved my restart problem.
2016-11-13
Use props
Τranaee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

BPJG is out today in Greece. I will upgrade later. Anyone has upgraded to that firmware already?
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules