Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Firmware Update Failed
10983 10 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jctarvin
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Just got my Osmo today. After activating it, I fired up the DJI GO app and it said I needed to update the firmware. So, I followed the instructions and downloaded the firmware from DJI, then switch my wifi connection over to the Osmo to do the update. Great wifi connection between the Osmo and my tablet.

Everything was going along just fine until I received a notice at 56% completion that the "Update Failed".

Now, when I connect to the Osmo and start the DJI GO app, it says I need to update the the firmware. Also says that the firmware has already been downloaded. When I attempt to run the update, it reports back that the firmware is up to date. The Osmo seems to operate just fine.  I use the Osmo on both my phone and tablet and they both act the same.

Hope someone can help me figure out how to get this resolved. Many thanks!!

2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, try this. Go here http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

download OSMO Firmware v1.6.2.10,  format your SD card, put the bin file into your SD card, turn off your Osmo, insert the SD card into your Osmo

Press "Trigger+record(red dot)+Power switch" combination for about 8 seconds and release, and you should see the right side LED blinking, it will take about 10 minutes and the blinking will stop.

Then restart your Osmo and see if the prompt in the DJI GO is still there
2016-8-29
Use props
userc474d7e644
New
Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-8-29 02:18
Hi, try this. Trigger, record, power for 8 seconds.

I just spent half an hour on customer service chat, and the guy gave up on me, told me it was broken and send it for repair.

Then I tried this and got it working in a couple of minutes.

Thank you DJI Thor, absolute lifesaver.
2017-5-4
Use props
muhife
New
Indonesia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-8-29 02:18
Hi, try this. Go here http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

download OSMO Firmware v1.6.2.10,  format your SD card, put the bin file into your SD card, turn off your Osmo, insert the SD card into your Osmo

I've tried, but this is more than 10 minutes and even half an hour has not been completed.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

muhife Posted at 2017-12-26 02:32
I've tried, but this is more than 10 minutes and even half an hour has not been completed.

Hi there, may I know the model of your Osmo? Did you download the correct firmware?
What is the color of indicator during updating?
Please keep me updated with more details, thank you.
2017-12-27
Use props
Go Winther
New
Brazil

Hey there! Same problem over here!

I'm making the update, manually, and it's more than 10 minutes! My osmo is blinking the light over here

Gear:
Osmo+
Update Firmware v1.6.1.00
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Go Winther Posted at 2018-6-25 09:49
Hey there! Same problem over here!

I'm making the update, manually, and it's more than 10 minutes! My osmo is blinking the light over here

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to clarify if the firmware version that you mentioned in your comment is your current firmware version on you Osmo+?
2018-6-25
Use props
djiuser_lI8MhTu6Lpot
New

Canada

Having problem with my osmo. Its connected but all black screen. Attached the picture.
IMG_20180814_124752.jpg
2018-8-15
Use props
djiuser_lI8MhTu6Lpot
New

Canada

Here's the second picture
IMG_20180814_124802.jpg
2018-8-15
Use props
Blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

Im now suffering this problem even after literally just getting it back from an expensive mother board replacement.... hardly used the thing and it went wrong. bought from new too. now wont update and if anything has caused more problems down the line. have tried several times now too and when it does work it wants reactivating which also doesnt what to work... any ideas what I can do?
2019-7-14
Use props
Blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

Im now suffering this problem (OP) even after literally just getting it back from an expensive mother board replacement.... hardly used the thing and it went wrong. bought from new too. now wont update and if anything has caused more problems down the line. have tried several times now too and when it does work it wants reactivating which also doesnt what to work... any ideas what I can do?
2019-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules